Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Inefested-Assasin Warframe Concept.

Exos.

Hi. So, i'm basically going to lay out the idea instead of giving an intro.

Warframe Name: Wraith

Wraith is the name of a kind of monster that haunts peoples nightmares,and stalks them when they are awake, instilling paranoia and fear.

Stats (max rank, no mods): 

Hp: 650                     Energy: 300

Armor: 200

Shields: 150            sprint: 1.2

Basic appearance (Will upload a concept sketch in a bit and will update it.):

Has a general normal warframe-like appearance, but its right arm and shoulder are completely made of dark-grey infestation with a few of those red puss-sacks, and forearm has same short spines on it. The right side of its neck, across the torso (more heavily on the right side), as well as the upper right leg have patches of infestation on it as well. Its "Face" is mostly what looks like a flat white mask(not flat as in a plate for a face, but like a mask with no contours). Over the left eye area on that mask, is a grey metal plate with a glowing red vertical slit in its center over where the right eye would be.

Abilities:

1. Seeking Pestilence- A salvo of spines eject from wraiths arm and auto-target enemies. They deal some kind of toxic related damage. (works a lot like shruiken from ash) |25 energy

2. Hunters Eye- Enemies within 22 meters show up on your mini-map. All enemies on your HUD are highlighted orange, and you can see highlighted enemies through walls up to 15 meters away.  Critical damage and chance go up for you and nearby teammates while ability is active. |Time limited ability.| 30 energy

3. Mimic- For a period of time you can mimic the appearance of an enemy target (You can target the enemies through walls if you use this one with hunters eye). This will cause the enemies to ignore you as they think you are one of them. Cameras and grineer camera drones will also be tricked by mimic. Attacking will not disrupt or end the ability. Instead fighting while using mimic causes the enemy to become confused and attack friend and foe alike, until ability is ended. However, corpus security lasers, and grineer sensor bars will not only still hurt you, but will disrupt and end the ability, as will any status damage taken. A certain amount of basic physical damage taken will also end the ability prematurely. |Time limited ability| 50 energy

maybe something to add to mimic. for twice the normal energy cost and for 3/5 the normal duration, you can mimic an allied warframe at its default max rank state and its abilities starting at max health, shield, and energy for the duration. Dying in this form returns you to normal form, immediately, but only with half the health you had when you began the mimic. In addition to the normal abilities that appear while mimicking a frame, an extra ability will appear allowing you to cancel the mimic, or change the mimic target, drawing from the mimicked frames energy reserves. When ability ends normally, you are returned to normal state. All stats are what they were from before you used mimic minus the energy used to cast mimic.

4. Pestilent Wrath- Will transform Wraiths Infested right arm into a powerful melee weapon that deals toxic based damaged with each hit while wraith emits a small poisonous aura cloud (2m radius) around him. Tapping the 4th ability button will cycle the weapon option (3 options) from sword, whip, and claw. His arm-sword will word like akin to normal swords, arm-whip akin to whip, and giant-ass claw will work like a sparring/brawler type melee weapon. Using a finisher with a pestilent wrath weapon, gives health steal comparable to damage dealt, and energy recharge. 5 energy to cast then continual drain.

Passive:

Area of affect for the sound of your gunfire is reduced. Crit Chance goes up by 5%.

I have a lore description in mind, but i wont bore you with it. instead, please put in one of your own. Its probably gonna be better than mine.

Please, tell me what you think, and if you want, please upload a concept sketch of your own, or give me better ideas for ability names and/or mechanics.

Edited by Exos.
Updating conscept ideas

This warframe sounds really good, I think maybe mimicking a friendly frame should give you their exact build with their mods. A potential augment could be if you charge the ability it costs 25% more to cast and gives you and extra +50% an all their duration, efficiency, range, and strength but while you’re as your friendly frame they have -50% of everything, so you could use it to your advantage for example a speed nova has less than 100%strength so you could make the speed she gives enemies better. I also think that hunters eye might be better as a channeling ability but you can still get energy from abilities like energy vampire so he/she/it becomes a lot more useful at higher level as well. Also maybe his passive could also include extra status chance, status duration and damage to all toxic damage you deal. That’s just some of my ideas anyway if it becomes a frame it’ll probably have to have a lot of stuff tested and changed so they’re not too weak or powerful. Feel free to say if you think anything I’ve said doesn’t fit your vision of the frame.

Edited by (XB1)TheMangoGamer

To be honest, I want there to be people to talk like this. it helps refine the concept even more into something for the community rather than one person. Also, I half-assed the passive. I came up with that on the spot when i realized, i hadnt thought of one yet at the end of his active abilities. So PLEASE! INPUT REAL BETTER PASSIVES!!!

I really like the 4th skill ability, but can you clarify? Is it suppose to be a weapon that can be augmented like Excal's sword or Valkyr's claws? If so, might require some significant reprogramming to incorporate 3 weapon augments for the different weapon stances. Personally, I like the sword arm idea most, though I feel like that the sword concept has been sort of done on Excal. Though, the whip is kind of Khora's "thing" as the sexy cougar dominatrix. And brawler, although not explicitly a weapon ultimate, feels like it belongs to Atlas. They all really have their own individual merits if you thought of splitting the skill or choosing one weapon to take and run with.

I particularly like the idea behind mimic, even if the idea of mimicking an ally frame seems fairly lofty programming wise. I can see plenty of glitches happening in the copying of the frame, and even more if you're taking on their augments. I think it would also make for a bit more dependability for your current augments to apply to the copied frame's abilities. That's if the skill should copy an ally frame at all. I'd say the defensive capabilities of being able to copy an enemy gives a very fresh new take on stealth play, so I'd play up that concept more. It also plays up much like the creature from The Thing, which is a Warframe concept I've been mulling over myself. The only question I have though is how this skill will behave when interacting with your 4th skill. Do you maintain the mimic while wielding your weapon? Either one of these, on their own, would be a significant ultimate ability and concept for a frame.

Yes. I thought i could be like one of the frame "exalted weapons". in the end, it may have to leveled down to one, or done as 3 seperate loadout options as sword is config a, whip is b, claw is c.

And yes, weapons are maintained while using mimic. In other words, mimic a grineer and hold 4, you got a grineer with an infested sword arm.

I guess to brainstorm the image concept, is the infestation consuming the frame's arm and side from outside its armor? Like growing on it?

Going back to the lore of the frames, we're essentially driving armored suits that have infested flesh inside them already. So it could just as well be that the armor on the arm and side is broken. This could also be incorporated into the story or lore of the frame itself. A defect or an accident that ruptured the armor containing the infestation within? In the case of Nidus, he's essentially just an armorless infested, although he is a different strain of infestation than what was used to build the other warframes, as his experiment was more meant to be a vaccine against the infestation, and so he isn't a mindless enemy, but an ally.

If he's an assassin, it could be an assassination that goes wrong maybe.

Edited by xZeromusx

That was my current lore description for him explaining the arm and what not. During the old war wraith suffered heavy damage from the sentients (all the warframe quest have the original frame befalling some horrid fate or another) and the infested insides grew back in the damaged areas, harnessing his fury and wrath. Also, mimic does not allow you to gain an allies or enemies weapons (unless exalted weapons). Also needs to be a special case for mimicking clem. Mimic clem: You gain clems appearence, and your weapons switch to a pair of  high powered daul grakatas. Your abilities would be as a mimicked clem:

1. say:"Clem"

2. say:"Grakata"

3.deploy latcher or what ever its called. The rolling grenade that sticks to you.

4. mimic ability like mimicking frames

5. transference (spoiler alert you non second-dreamers)

After a lengthy conversation about this with a trolly roomate and clan-member, i want to clarify, mimic does NOT allow you to mimic objects and resource drops.

Edited by Exos.
anti troll

I also want to say that since he is not a true 'infested warframe" but more like a halfy, he would get higher health and armor than most comparable frames, but less shields.

i'd say, at rank 30 (no mods), 675 health, 150 shield. 200 armor. sound about right?

I think it would be awesome. Also, i mean, having a warframe thats able to mimic your allies and other warframes would be absolutely sh1t-in-pants terrifying to whoever had to fight it.

Btw, If you come up with an alternate concept design, or lore behind the frame, please share it. I'd love to see it!

Just please try to keep in the infested right arm and patches if you do.

I think you already have a great idea going. I had been trying to imagine a frame that was themed after the monster from The Thing, and I feel like you've nailed it without being cringingly similar. The only change I could see making is just having the 4th ability be a dagger to first do something that isn't in the game yet, that being an exalted dagger, and making it unique from Khora, Excal, and Atlas, and secone to stick closer to the assassin theme.

Your lore works well already too. An attempted assassination goes wrong. But I think it might be better to change the enemy. Attempting to use subterfuge on the sentients seems like a tall and unlikely task. After the Orokin war with the Sentients, the Tenno turned on the Orokin as well, which is why Lotus had to hide us. An attempted assassination of an Orokin Executor, like Ballas, going wrong, makes a lot of sense.

Edited by xZeromusx

Hmmm... lore-wise, that makes a lot more sense than what i had going. And the dagger theme is great. The "sword" i was talking about was talking about was more or less his forearm turning into a "bladed" weapon starting from elbow down to his fused together "finger tips". So the "sword"  is probably more fittingly described as either a very short sword, or dagger. I really like the failed attempt on an Orokins life resulting in his mutilation scenario. I like that a lot.

So essentially an arm blade. I don't know if you watch anime, but I imagine something like the being from Parasyte on the main character's arm. In fact, looking at your 4th ability, with the sword, whip, claw idea, I almost say it's exactly like that creature.

Image result for Parasyte anime

I assume you've played [PROTOTYPE] at some point, based on the frame's abilities and theme.

I think it's pretty important that you choose a different melee weapon type altogether for the Exalted Weapon. All three types you've put forward already have representation as Exalted Weapons, and if I'm going to endorse yet another Exalted Weapon then it has to be unique. The poison cloud on being damaged is fresh, but the health drain isn't and can be modded for anyway, and energy recharge feels unnecessary.

I really like Mimic, though. It's a novel approach to stealth compared to the 3 flavors of invisibility, and doesn't seem to have the reliability issues you might experience with Radial Blind/Howl or Silence.

It seemed a bit odd that a frame billed as an "assassin" seems almost like a bruiser that has stealth options, but then I noticed that Mimic trades being useful under direct fire for greater use as a specialized stealth tool, which is something that I like, by the way, and then it clicked for me.

• 1 month later...

That fourth sounds really cool and scary! The rest are eh okay. Im getting heavy james heller or alex mercer vube from a game caled prototype with these abilities

The other abilities, im not understanding how they tie into the theme of a wraith. Most things i look up say a wraith is a ghost like creature. 

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--