Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IMPROVE FORTUNA UPDATE! Destiny 2 is free. Need to deploy Server.

Jenggo_Kalem

the only reason its free is because the base game is crap and the player base is gone, they got their money already for it and need to sell people on the dlc

i was one of these people who got it at launch and i have never been robbed so badly on a game in my life, the only people who say its a good game is people who cant accept they got swindled and they need to justify their purchase without looking like a fool, i can admit i was a fool for thinking it would be a good game

they then want you to spend another bundle to buy the dlc that makes it good? na sorry you know where you can shove it lol

can you believe the devs where on making D3 while all the crap was going on with how bad the game was? they taught they actually made and good game and were moving on to the next one lol

then you have the eververse microtransactions , imagine buying a game, then all the dlc so far then to be milked by microtransaction that have serious QOL benifits attached to them so the grind isnt so severe? why do people make a big deal of this game?? like its free its posted everywhere, so is malaria but i wouldnt want to have it

7 hours ago, Jenggo_Kalem said:

1. They have server!! no host migration issue. I like it compare to warframe Peer 2 Peer system. I really hate host migration. 
2, They have daily achievement task. Warframe can implement this (eg: Kill 100 lv.100 or higher Bombard). Not just damn alert.
3. The open world alert (public event) is cool. Enter the zone to participate. Leave the zone for quit. You can join more than 4 people to kill the alert boss (well, DE need to have their own server)
4. Cool bounty system. On the go bounty is very cool. You can take bounty in open world. Oh yeah and they had High Value Target.
5. Put every progress in a progress window. In warframe, You need to wait to see Riven challenge progress. Not consistent status progress.
6. Good safe point placement. I hate going to POE from cetus and return back to cetus mechanic. Need to have a seamless integration with map.
7. Has a High level zone. Warframe can have a multi high level zone (eg: lv 10-20 zone, lv. 100-120 zone). Maybe inside a cave. And if you survive inside the zone, you get a reward. 

If DE put this on Fortuna or maybe on the Railjack update. It will be very cool and make warfrane more addictive game. Im playing games since 1988, and warframe can keep me play more than a full year. No other games is. But just like warframe community said, more longer you play, the more need in-game content. I will bored playing warframe in the next 5 month and will uninstall it if DE not added more content or gameplay improvement.

Now Im playing Destiny 2, waiting for Fortuna update. I hope it exceed my expectations.

1. The algorythm that chooses who is the Host need additional work/tweaks (to many times my ping limit settings are ignored). But dedicated server is a no go for DE due to monetary restraints AND the fact that WF is built around p2p.

2. We have a thing sorta like this - daily standing limit and Simaris daily targets. Also - why the need for an arbitrary taskbar progress?

3. Uhhm, when was the last time you visited PoE? This things were implemented at PoE's launch.

4. No idea what you wanted to propose for WF here.

5. (douchebag answer incoming) Or you know - you can just remember what you need to do - there is absolutely zero complicated "progress bars" in this game.

6. Cetus gates IS the map integration  since PoE is just outside Cetus.

7. PoE at night. Especially on the far left corner of the map (if we are looking from the entry point). Nightmare missions. Sortie (to a lesser extent). Arbitrations.

As you can see - 5 things out of 7 you bolded are allready implemented, 1 I can't give you the answer cause I have no idea what you meant, and 1 thing is out of the question due to the game engine/technical limitations, but can be improved.

So, what was the point of the topic again?

Edited by HorridaMessor

I downloaded Destiny 2 on Saturday just to give it a go - not bad, but after playing Warframe it feels like 1/2 speed gameplay.

Kind of like when you hit an Ln2 barrel.  I may give it a bit more time in the run-up to Mytuna, but speed and fluidity are truly addictive. 😋

6 minutes ago, Swordsman said:

I downloaded Destiny 2 on Saturday just to give it a go - not bad, but after playing Warframe it feels like 1/2 speed gameplay.

Kind of like when you hit an Ln2 barrel.  I may give it a bit more time in the run-up to Mytuna, but speed and fluidity are truly addictive. 😋

At least the missions are not resumed in bullet jumps ignoring everything.

I liked the game so much and I'll wait for some promo to buy it for sure.

Edited by Peter

1 час назад, pig666eon сказал:

the only people who say its a good game is people who cant accept they got swindled and they need to justify their purchase without looking like a fool, i can admit i was a fool for thinking it would be a good game

I recently bought a complete set Destiny 2 with all DLC at a discount. It cost me less than a one-time purchase of platinum with a 75% discount to Warframe. So I am quite pleased. Maybe i will buy the following dlc.
But I can understand you, if I bought everything gradually from the very beginning, it would have cost me much more.

However, I already bought platinum and prime access in Warframe for a comparable amount. So I do not see much difference for myself.

8 минут назад, Swordsman сказал:

Yes, the gameplay is slower there, but I even like it)
And ... suddenly ... there you have to dodge enemy shots from the very beginning, and not after an hour of mission:clem:

1 minute ago, ChaosSabre said:

Sure the base game is free now. But you still need to buy all the DLC if you actually want to have everything.

Fortuna is not gonna cost you 40$ when it drops.

Prime access is worth more than dlc, buy and not see anyone complaining.

Curious.

23 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

I recently bought a complete set Destiny 2 with all DLC at a discount. It cost me less than a one-time purchase of platinum with a 75% discount to Warframe. So I am quite pleased. Maybe i will buy the following dlc.
But I can understand you, if I bought everything gradually from the very beginning, it would have cost me much more.

However, I already bought platinum and prime access in Warframe for a comparable amount. So I do not see much difference for myself.

you supported a game that is good and fun to play, doesnt try and milk you out every penny.... the other one is destiny

people paid 100 for this game when it came out and they wanted another load to bring it to a acceptable standard, the game has 3 dlc and only now its maybe a ok game. people are ment to buy dlc to continue on the "fun" not bring it up to what it should have been at launch. look some people prob like it but the only reason its "free" is because its a bad game, the playerbase is gone, the content creators left completely and they need people to buy the dlc. the hole game centers around paying more money, its a f2p game wrapped up as a AAA and they will have more paid dlc on the way....

warframe doesnt ask for anything from me, i choose to spend money to support the devs i would even argue that i havent spent enough to match the time i have played enjoying the game

when you give destiny some time and realize how bad it actually is you will see why its free, the hole game is based on flawed system if you just look at it from a game stand point, everyone is exactly the same at max level, your grind is just to get to max level and in the end it means nothing, the AI scales so when you do a level at 10 or 200 its the exact same mission, the game is not fun to play it just becomes a item collection game where you cant collect everything because of space cut offs, you get pushed then to buy microtransactions to make the grind easier to people who have already paid 140, so whoever can honestly say this game is "good" has other reasons to say it because its just flawed on so many levels

Edited by pig666eon

1 minute ago, Peter said:

accessories

Y'know, the scarves, armours and such. Cosmetics. They are the only things that absolutely must be paid for by the user to access.

Contrast with Destiny, where pretty much none of the new content in a given update is accessible to those who don't shell out cash.

8 hours ago, Jenggo_Kalem said:

Hi DE, don't you know Destiny 2 is currently free until 18-Nov-2018 in PC. Im not comparing warframe to destiny. I Love warframe, but to me there is an interesting mechanic that i like in Destiny, and can be implement for Warframe improvement.

1. They have server!! no host migration issue. I like it compare to warframe Peer 2 Peer system. I really hate host migration. 
2, They have daily achievement task. Warframe can implement this (eg: Kill 100 lv.100 or higher Bombard). Not just damn alert.
3. The open world alert (public event) is cool. Enter the zone to participate. Leave the zone for quit. You can join more than 4 people to kill the alert boss (well, DE need to have their own server)
4. Cool bounty system. On the go bounty is very cool. You can take bounty in open world. Oh yeah and they had High Value Target.
5. Put every progress in a progress window. In warframe, You need to wait to see Riven challenge progress. Not consistent status progress.
6. Good safe point placement. I hate going to POE from cetus and return back to cetus mechanic. Need to have a seamless integration with map.
7. Has a High level zone. Warframe can have a multi high level zone (eg: lv 10-20 zone, lv. 100-120 zone). Maybe inside a cave. And if you survive inside the zone, you get a reward. 

If DE put this on Fortuna or maybe on the Railjack update. It will be very cool and make warfrane more addictive game. Im playing games since 1988, and warframe can keep me play more than a full year. No other games is. But just like warframe community said, more longer you play, the more need in-game content. I will bored playing warframe in the next 5 month and will uninstall it if DE not added more content or gameplay improvement.

Now Im playing Destiny 2, waiting for Fortuna update. I hope it exceed my expectations.

Luke Smith is that you :shocked:

seems the D2 toxic blows over into this game 

If you need to adjust this game to Bungies department then you should turn around and sneak out of here

as we all know that this aint gonna happen .. that D2 content will be created in warframe is an joke

Digital extreme has there own creative minds on how they should made this game to an succes

Quicker deployment = more bugs + community with stress

No thank you let Devs decide whats best for us

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Y'know, the scarves, armours and such. Cosmetics. They are the only things that absolutely must be paid for by the user to access.

Contrast with Destiny, where pretty much none of the new content in a given update is accessible to those who don't shell out cash.

Quality has its price.

Just now, Peter said:

If even Jesus can not please everyone ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your argument was that Prime Access is more expensive than Destiny's expansions. I explained that, unlike the expansions, they are not needed to enjoy everything the game has to offer, and Warframe regularly receives massive content updates with no up-front cost.

Then you moved the goalposts and said that it was a matter of quality. Bear in mind that many of the pitiful additions that Destiny asks you to pay for feature less content than what DE releases (again, with no immediate cost), and when I pointed this out, you said to play it for myself. I have, as I make an effort to have first-hand experience with what I criticise.

Now you're acting as though Destiny is somehow comparable to the Second Coming. I can't wait to see what direction you take your rather blatant fanboying next.

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

It's not free, it's just a demo.

A 'demo' they sold as a full-priced game a year ago?

And mark my words, they're going to do same thing all over again with Destiny 3.

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Let me know when Destiny starts giving quality worth its price.

D2 first 2 dlcs were the biggest waste of money ever. Curse of osiris was forgettable and can be completed in a afternoon and war mind was just a boring story where i swear there is missing missing missions, one second "we need to find out what is happening here on mars" literally next mission "WE NEED TO KILL A WORM GOD" wait what, when did anyone learn this? Also don't forget D2 still has the eververse the horrendous microtransaction shop that people still want removed from the game. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

D2 first 2 dlcs were the biggest waste of money ever. Curse of osiris was forgettable and can be completed in a afternoon and war mind was just a boring story where i swear there is missing missing missions, one second "we need to find out what is happening here on mars" literally next mission "WE NEED TO KILL A WORM GOD" wait what, when did anyone learn this? Also don't forget D2 still has the eververse the horrendous microtransaction shop that people still want removed from the game. 

I'm aware. As I said before, I make sure to have first-hand experience in whatever I criticise.

5 hours ago, Jenggo_Kalem said:

Well, i do love warframe. Maybe you right, that list is what i hate about warframe. Maybe im just asking DE for fix the dam problem. And by the way, that is my honest opinion, maybe there is thousand other player with a same vision with me.

Im not saying warframe should be change to something else. Just an idea maybe can make things added to existing gameplay. 

As for Destiny, I dont care if the game has a level cap or the game has a locked content. Im just sayin' "Hey Thats look cool if warframe has it" and this is the place where i can speak of it. Just a popup bubbles from my head. Please go easy on me. Dont hate me for saying an idea.

Also Janngo, try to use proper grammar before writing a whole entire arrival on the Warframe forums.