Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self Nuke Weapon Feedback/Thought

Alikka_TeSiw

I have been using the Phantasma alot and love the weapon however I have been having an issue with the Alt fire exploding on other Tenno and killing me. The problem with this is when they run right in front of me right as i use alt fire. This became really problematic during with Elite Alerts because I automatically lose out on the mission because someone jumped by at the same time i shot.

Just a thought, it would be awesome if explosive weapons that can potentially cause self harm were set in a way that could prevent self harm when the missle hits a warframe. Perhaps have it cancel the shot completely? pass through warframes instead of explode? lower self damange output if explodes on warframe?

Now if you still manage to hit an enemy or object next to you, than its your own fault and get self nuked.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

this is a common thread, that people cnat use self damage weapons..... and want self damage gone... but it was added for a reason!

As i said, i dont want self damage gone. The problem is when another person jumps in front of you causing the projectile to explode much sooner. Even when i make it a point to get away from everyone else on the team, one of them almost seems to make it a point to just come and stand in front of me. This can become worse in much more enclosed environments.

22 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Wouldn't it be better for a COOPERATIVE game to simply turn off teammate projectile collision to prevent these sorts of accidental deaths?

Ultimately, teammate collision detection is the problem. If i shot past a teammate and hit a wall right next to me than i deserve the self damage and death. But its frustrating to keep going into bleed out if its open space past my teammate and i just clipped the top of their head or they ran in front of me when i fired just a single shot.

Self damage isn't going anywhere - learned that explosive weapons needed it when the non-self damaging Tonkor outclassed everything.

That said, DiabloUrsus is right.  Projectiles shouldn't interact with teammates at all, unless you've been radiation procced.  Actually, all weapons should simply pass right through teammates if rad procs aren't in play.  It's flat out silly to have a setup where we can run right through our teammates, passing through them like ghosts, but they're still walls to our shots.  Explosive weapons just turn that from annoying to suicidal.