The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fetch disables other companion abilities [Fixed]

TommyBlue7

Tried this out with the full set and Fetch equipped. My kavat did this once at the end of an orokin 150-target Exterminate, long after I got tired of watching it not happen. They didn't use their special skills at all, but when the Tek zone finally appeared it was smaller than it should've been and didn't last long. It used my kavat's blue energy color, and I didnt see any indicator up top that it was active. They at least attacked enemies normally, in that "when I care to do it" kind of way they always do.

Partially unrelated: It's also worth mentioning that they spawned the Tek zone while I was briefly in operator form, noticing that the Naramon dash doesn't stun enemies into finisher mode like I expected, but invisibly makes them vulnerable to it while they continue to move about and attack. The naramon-prepped enemies didnt have the "press e" indicator either, so theres just no indication you can finisher them afterwards.

Edited by Pfysicyst

Also i equip my sahasa kubrow and not even "DIG ABILITY" working while i running bounties. I have all mecha mods set equip too and i can't see the "mark" or the kubrow doing something.

FETCH MOD is the problem...i just cheked it

Edited by akisrs

i tried charm with and without fetch with it and charm only works alone .. and doesn't work while fetch installed can some one confirm that or maybe it work but doesn't show the buff icon or so or maybe it meant to be that way i want to know and thank you 

Not just charm, every ability. Mischief, new set ability from Tek mods and, i assume(havent tested it) whatever else you can equip on your cat - fetch seem to block everything.

But here's the crazy part(yes i put my tinfoil hat on, thank you) - it all worked just fine for me yesterday and even today(yes, after latest hotfix), at least charm and mischief. Only thing that happened to kavat after last time(about 8ish hours ago) i can recall abilities working - it was in bleedout stage, maybe thats how bug is triggered? There have to be some trigger, because otherwise i cant explain how it can work just fine and then not work at all and no patches happened in the meantime.

I think mecha set is bugged in general regardless. Running tests in the simulacrum and having used it extensively in mission, I think that status applied by the mecha set actually does nothing sometimes: Slashand/toxin procs do dmg extremely low damage, if any at all. Cold procs don't seem to work but I am not sure. Corrosive and Magnetic procs seem to work, but corrosive procs seem incosistent.

I noticed that my Raksa Kubrow isn't replenishing my Shields anymore and thats is probably caused by the new Fetch Mod. If I use only the Protect mod which would replenish my shields everything works fine. As soon as I add the Fetch Mod the Kubrow doesn't activate the effect of Protect anymore. Same goes for the Raksa Kubrow specific Mod Howl. Fine without Fetch. Doesn't work with Fetch. Haven't tried it with other Kubrows. For Kavats everything seems to work fine.

Ok, so from what i've managed to understand charm works with fetch. BUT, it seems that fetch acts like a precept that overshadows charm, so as long as your fetch is vacuuming items for you it will keep charm on a forced cooldown. Only when you dont vacuum items in it will start procing. 

It also seems that charm wont proc if you are out of combat for too long. Tried it while mining in Orb Vallis caves with and without fetch and it rarely procs. 

Take all these with a grain of salt btw. Im not 100% certain of any that i just said. Its very possible that its a completely different issue.

Bump.

Almost every companion mod seems to have problems with Fetch. I feel like it was lazy programing that caused this, as it was literally a copy/paste from sentinels. In the past, sentinels that had vacuum equipped stopped firing or using other abilities when vacuum was active - and at the same time vacuum was inactive when other abilities were used.

11 minutes ago, Alanthier said:

is it happening as host? or only as client?  

Both. Fetch is considered as an "active" precept so the Kubrow/Kavat is constantly channeling it, preventing them from using other precepts. You can test this easily by going into simulacrum or switching to operator mode.

Edited by Judqment8

5 hours ago, Sormaran said:

But here's the crazy part(yes i put my tinfoil hat on, thank you) - it all worked just fine for me yesterday and even today(yes, after latest hotfix), at least charm and mischief. Only thing that happened to kavat after last time(about 8ish hours ago) i can recall abilities working - it was in bleedout stage, maybe thats how bug is triggered? There have to be some trigger, because otherwise i cant explain how it can work just fine and then not work at all and no patches happened in the meantime.

If you are using operator mode (dashing for Zenurik bubble etc.) the Kavat/Kubrow will be free to cast other precepts as the "Warframe is disabled and Fetch not being used" while you are in the operator mode. You can easily test it out in simulacrum.