Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the point of K-Drives?

scourge213

Question

So beside being MR fodder i don't really understand the K-drives. Correct me if i'm wrong.

They have no combat value. You can't shoot while on them and they are way slower than archwings.

They have no differences, beside visuals. This bugs me the most, why are there so many variations when they are all the same stats-wise?

Edited by scourge213

12 answers to this question

K-Drives exist because: This is fun. Players will have fun with this. Let's give the players this because they will have fun with it.

If you're only looking at it like. "But this isn't top tier meta powerful so it's trash" then you're looking at Warframe all wrong. Warframe is about choices. Be it being powerful, or just plain having fun.

Edit: You can also be powerful AND have fun at the same time. I can solo Arbitration survivals for hours, but I also like K-drive because it is new and fun, and look forward to modding it so it goes faster and jumps higher. As I play it, I view it as a challenge to see how many flips I can do before landing, how far I can grind. Riding it off a mountain to see how far I can go. That is why it exists. Archwing is great if your only plan is to get around. But it's boring as sin.

Edited by Vypor
Addendum, as well as spellcheck.

17 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

So beside being MR fodder i don't really understand the K-drives. Correct me if i'm wrong.

They have no combat value. You can't shoot while on them and they are way slower than archwings.

So for something to hold a point in Warframe, it needs to be able to support shootinglooting?

Jeez

2 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

So for something to hold a point in Warframe, it needs to be able to support shootinglooting?

Jeez

Actually considering how the roads in fortuna are made with fast enemy vehicles. I consider it wasted potential. Yes.

9 minutes ago, Vypor said:

K-Drives exist because: This is fun. Players will have fun with this. Let's give the players this because they will have fun with it.

If you're only looking at it like. "But this isn't top tier meta powerful so it's trash" then you're looking at Warframe all wrong. Warframe is about choices. Be it being powerful, or just plain having fun.

That is actually fair enough. But arent the K-drives a bit wasted potential at this point? They could be both useful and fun, but for now they are only kept at the 'fun' stage.( i personally dont find them fun)

I find them fun and honesly I have to agree with Calculated Murder Machine. It does not need to be a loot machine or a shooting platform in order to be "fun". Warframe is about having the choice to play how you want in all aspects. It (k-drive) does not need to be the next total advantage for a player in any given area. By that standard every piece of armor, Syndana's, and color choices just to name a few things should just be eliminated because they offer no value to your ability to kill. That would be silly indeed. 

I personally find them fun to ride and mess about on, a bit frustrating as I have not gotten the controls down yet given physical issues posted elsewhere. I am a master at the Arch Wing and prefer it, but I am working on k-drives and have no doubt that I will be a master at them soon.  Its nice to see they were thinking of something fun and not all about how to drop the hammer on the next mob. All work and no play makes Vile a really MeanBean :crylaugh:

"May all your enemies find the center of your scope!"

31 minutes ago, VileMeanBean said:

Warframe is about having the choice to play how you want in all aspects. It (k-drive) does not need to be the next total advantage for a player in any given area. By that standard every piece of armor, Syndana's, and color choices just to name a few things should just be eliminated because they offer no value to your ability to kill. That would be silly indeed. 

I can agree that the drives are another form of 'fun'.

But i don't see how they are comparable to cosmetics or how they offer a viable choice of play. K-drive is currently more like a mini-game than a cosmetic. Unlike cosmetics, drives currently limit your performance. It's currently 'fun', because its new. Just like Frame Fighter was when it came out. But i wonder how 'fun'(and played) it will be after a month or so when its just as 'challenging' as the other minigames. 3K points is currently childishly easy to get and the game generally punishes you for getting more.

Sorry, i can't help but to think that after a 'few' uses anyone, but very few exceptions, would want to continue to use them. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit. Just to clear my above point. I would prefer any syndana that has no penalties, over a slightly more beautiful synadana that gives me -20% sprint speed. Maybe i would carry the beautiful one for a while, but then dump it because it limits me.

Edited by scourge213

I do see your point, but again to me mini-game or cosmetic is there and to be used or had fun with.  They are not for everyone and I get that. Like I said in my post I prefer the Arch Wing for getting around in my mission. Especially since they appear unlimited for this update and play area. But like any 50 year old batS#&$ crazy woman I like to have variety and get stupid at times. And the K-Drive seems to be just the tool to do that with here and there. 

"May all your enemies find the center of your scope!"