Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we really need MR to be tied to our arsenal?

Tazdingoo

Just now, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I certainly don't enjoy tedious stuff(well, the definition is specifically a negative one, so nobody enjoys tedious things, they just don't define it as tedious) but that's my point. People with a high MR either have a high tolerance for tedious things, and therefore are good to partner up with, or they actually enjoyed grinding MR and they're crazy so run away

But seriously, I think it's more a perception problem than anything.

True.

But I disagree on that high MR point. I've noticed that some high MR players don't know what they're doing cause they have frames and weapons they only used once. Which was to get to their high MR they have now. 

Sometimes I trust low ranking MR players more cause you know they have mastered their frame or weapon. So they know their stuff like the back of their hand.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

The MR system should stay, but I would like to see some sort of display of difficult/higher level content that I've completed just for show at least.  Just my personal preference.

Maybe the MR system could stay but it shouldn't be displayed everywhere like it's some sort of mmo level. Maybe even rename it to Arsenal rank or something.

The closes thing we have to display the content we've done is the regalia thing we have that no one can see haha.

Well yeah, it's not a measure of experience(outside of grinding a specific thing, which you can use to infer that they might be a good grinding buddy), just a measure of how much they have/had access to. A lower MR player might know the ins and outs of their favorite gear, but that could be a problem if they need to use something else for some reason.

1 minute ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Well yeah, it's not a measure of experience(outside of grinding a specific thing, which you can use to infer that they might be a good grinding buddy), just a measure of how much they have/had access to. A lower MR player might know the ins and outs of their favorite gear, but that could be a problem if they need to use something else for some reason.

Well, I'm one of those somewhat low rank MR players and I've been here for a pretty long time. If someone suggested that I get this frame or weapon cause it's good for this mission type, then well, I'd just go get it.

It might get me to reach the next rank or not but it won't matter.

It'll just be another frame to master.

10 minutes ago, Tazdingoo said:

Maybe the MR system could stay but it shouldn't be displayed everywhere like it's some sort of mmo level. Maybe even rename it to Arsenal rank or something.

The closes thing we have to display the content we've done is the regalia thing we have that no one can see haha.

I don't have a problem with it staying, because as stated above the game should have time gated progress for longevity purposes.  I was suggesting something that accompanied it to show that said player has done more than power leveling in one area.

10 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

And this is exactly why

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity

8 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I'm referring to something like a Sortie(melee only, sniper only, etc.) or even Arbitrations, while you're off getting the item(s) in question it might change entirely

Well I'm sure even the newest player knows to have at least a weapon of every type. Even in those missions you'd end up using your best one anyway. Unless, one day there's a sortie mission that says, "Only Trinity or only Rakta Cernos" then okay you'll need all the weapons then.

But if you enjoy having a meta in sorties where only 4 frames are best used then sure I guess?

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I don't have a problem with it staying, because as stated above the game should have time gated progress for longevity purposes.  I was suggesting something that accompanied it to show that said player has done more than power leveling in one area.

And this is exactly why

Hmm, maybe the system I suggest could be another system on top of our MR. 

Bah, who knows what DE will do anyway.

I'm not even sure if they even read the general discussion side anyways haha.

The point of the MR system is to make players try out every weapon and warframe. It gives meaning to MR fodder weapons and acts as a resource sink + plat sink (if user likes a weapon  he might buy weapons slots to keep it and use potatoes on it)

Your suggestion on the other hand as very little value compared to the current system and simply makes grinding quick capture missions for MR a thing.

Edited by wtflag

3 hours ago, wtflag said:

The point of the MR system is to make players try out every weapon and warframe. It gives meaning to MR fodder weapons and acts as a resource sink + plat sink (if user likes a weapon  he might buy weapons slots to keep it and use potatoes on it)

Your suggestion on the other hand as very little value compared to the current system and simply makes grinding quick capture missions for MR a thing.

But what would be the point of grinding fast for prestige? That would be totally pointless. There'll be no cap so you're just quick grinding that mission forever probably. Unless you are into that then by all means. 

1 hour ago, Tazdingoo said:

But what would be the point of grinding fast for prestige? That would be totally pointless. There'll be no cap so you're just quick grinding that mission forever probably. Unless you are into that then by all means. 

Does MR not affect the syndicate standing cap in your proposed version?

That is a very important and lucative aspect of MR.

Edited by wtflag

8 hours ago, Devaldus said:

Why should people be forced to literally play everything in the game to achieve more and more senseless bonuses

It's called Mastery rank. Implying you've mastered part of the game. Not merely killed off XXX enemies.
And.. well.. if the bonuses are sensless.. why are you complaining? Sounds a bit silly "I hate the way we have to get at those sensless things".. 

8 hours ago, Tazdingoo said:

Maybe add some kind of reward to reaching all the levels of prestige

Yeah.. like... being able to gain more standing with the syndicates..
SMH

7 hours ago, Tazdingoo said:

I myself have gotten tired of places like Hydron and like the Draco we had too

here's a simple tip:
THEN DON'T GO THERE
I know, far fetched, but you can try...

7 hours ago, Tazdingoo said:

I'm just here to slash and mow down enemies with my favourite gear and enjoy the bits of story we have along the way

here's a simple tip:
IGNORE THE MR OF OTHERS
I know, really fekken hard to do, but you can try...

8 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Just tossing this out there, but maybe a badge system for completed content?  I'm not against the MR concept, but the methods in which it is acquired does leave a lot of room for improvement 

You mean, like, the sigil you get when you murdered a planet-boss? Or do you mean like the sigils you can get when leveling up your syndicates? Or maybe you mean the sigil that shows your current MR? Or the one that shows how much "above and beyond" you went with events? Or maybe the event sigils themselves? The challenges list in your profile?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but... do we really need more badges...?

8 hours ago, Tazdingoo said:

Wait, so it's my fault that I didn't invest every day on ranking any syndicate?

Eeeh.. yeah? Is it OUR fault you haven't been playing the game or wasn't interested enough to do [insert progress mechanic here]. 
I don't really like the planes and the eidolon hunt. Subsequently my operator is still pretty useless. Should I now go out and complain how other people's operators are? Because they WERE willing to go out and do the thing?
Weird.
I didn't get an Olympic Gold Medal this year. And I'm pretty triggered by that, what do they expect.. that I go out my way training some useless skill for 12 hours straight Every.Single.Day. for 20 years? Redicilous!!!
This is pretty much the way you sound now...

Again, it's caller MASTERY rank. Not level, not experience, mastery
This implies you have at least taken notice of parts of the game, meaning weapons, frames, companions and parts of the star chart.
This does NOT say anything about how good you are with said weapons, how many kills you have, how fast you can clean a room, how epic your Equiniox is.

In short, MR rank and the connected bonusses is DE's way of saying "hey we made a thing, you went and tried/used the thing, here's a cookie". This, IMHO, is the most honest and straightforward way of dealing with XP I've ever seen in a game. It's the game asking you and rewarding you to check things out.

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔

☝️ That's why.

Even with the system we have now I still wouldn't bother and i'm pretty sure quite a significant number won't bother too.

10 hours ago, ComCray said:

Oh, and that paragon system sounds a bit like how Borderlands does things. Nice for a single player game, useless in coop multiplayer as it will split up the player base.

Yeah, it sure split up Diablo huh?

9 minutes ago, Tazdingoo said:

Even with the system we have now I still wouldn't bother and i'm pretty sure quite a significant number won't bother too.

And that's fine. The only thing folks who want to not bother will notice is that their MR jump takes a very long time to happen. Very low MR players will be locked out of some weapons and content. If they get to the mid teens they should have access to everything. Oh and low syndicate standing caps. 

There have been times when I've just not bothered to rank up while still grinding MR points. And people have asked me if I don't realise that I am eligible to do the test. It generally hasn't stopped me from growing as a player, and when I wanted to go up, I could generally just jump a level a day. Last time I did 3 in 3days and a fourth a few days later. 

If you don't want to, that's fine. But it does ensure that many players would have at least spent some time with the different weapons, frames and companions, and probably used that time to get a feel for what they like. That's a good thing. 

10 hours ago, ComCray said:

It's called Mastery rank. Implying you've mastered part of the game. Not merely killed off XXX enemies.
And.. well.. if the bonuses are sensless.. why are you complaining? Sounds a bit silly "I hate the way we have to get at those sensless things".. 

Yeah.. like... being able to gain more standing with the syndicates..
SMH

here's a simple tip:
THEN DON'T GO THERE
I know, far fetched, but you can try...

here's a simple tip:
IGNORE THE MR OF OTHERS
I know, really fekken hard to do, but you can try...

You mean, like, the sigil you get when you murdered a planet-boss? Or do you mean like the sigils you can get when leveling up your syndicates? Or maybe you mean the sigil that shows your current MR? Or the one that shows how much "above and beyond" you went with events? Or maybe the event sigils themselves? The challenges list in your profile?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but... do we really need more badges...?

Eeeh.. yeah? Is it OUR fault you haven't been playing the game or wasn't interested enough to do [insert progress mechanic here]. 
I don't really like the planes and the eidolon hunt. Subsequently my operator is still pretty useless. Should I now go out and complain how other people's operators are? Because they WERE willing to go out and do the thing?
Weird.
I didn't get an Olympic Gold Medal this year. And I'm pretty triggered by that, what do they expect.. that I go out my way training some useless skill for 12 hours straight Every.Single.Day. for 20 years? Redicilous!!!

Again, it's caller MASTERY rank. Not level, not experience, mastery
This implies you have at least taken notice of parts of the game, meaning weapons, frames, companions and parts of the star chart.
This does NOT say anything about how good you are with said weapons, how many kills you have, how fast you can clean a room, how epic your Equiniox is.

In short, MR rank and the connected bonusses is DE's way of saying "hey we made a thing, you went and tried/used the thing, here's a cookie". This, IMHO, is the most honest and straightforward way of dealing with XP I've ever seen in a game. It's the game asking you and rewarding you to check things out.

Whoa who shat in your breakfast this morning?

I'm only suggesting a change.

I'm way too tired to even reply your whole text of sarcasm as it just comes off as rude.

If most of us sees that it doesn't work then alright then. 

Anyway, as of now the MR rank gives the impression that higher MR means you're probably a better player. Look at the way it's displayed. What would a new player think?

And no, before you assume I'm the only player who feels this way then maybe try asking around first. 

11 hours ago, ComCray said:

Weird.

I'm very sure after reading this that you totally didn't get the point of the post or what I meant. Who's complaining about anything? I'm fine with whatever our MR does for standing. I'm only suggesting that how we get said standing be tweaked a little so that players can still at least use the gear that they wanna use?

All the rates on acquiring MR stays just like how you would now. 

Standing caps still stay.

The paragon system is just a thing I brought up after someone highlighted it to me, to deal with what if players grinded to max rank in a week.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback I guess.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And that's fine. The only thing folks who want to not bother will notice is that their MR jump takes a very long time to happen. Very low MR players will be locked out of some weapons and content. If they get to the mid teens they should have access to everything. Oh and low syndicate standing caps. 

There have been times when I've just not bothered to rank up while still grinding MR points. And people have asked me if I don't realise that I am eligible to do the test. It generally hasn't stopped me from growing as a player, and when I wanted to go up, I could generally just jump a level a day. Last time I did 3 in 3days and a fourth a few days later. 

If you don't want to, that's fine. But it does ensure that many players would have at least spent some time with the different weapons, frames and companions, and probably used that time to get a feel for what they like. That's a good thing. 

You bring up good points. Thanks.

I'm just afraid of if one day DE throws in a very high MR requirement for any future high-level content.

11 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

I love how you think that MR affecting standing is a brand new just included change and it's definitely never been affecting it before.

Not everyone is wary of everything like you are. I thought that everyone had the same standing cap as others when syndicates were first introduced.

My bad, I may have missed it out in the patch notes somewhere a long time ago.

I'm ending my replies here. It's gotten kinda tiresome but I hope DE takes into consideration for those of us that already have favourite gear to use.

Yes, maybe my idea isn't a good one but the issue with MR still stands.

Thank you for all the feedback everyone.

13 minutes ago, Tazdingoo said:

You bring up good points. Thanks.

I'm just afraid of if one day DE throws in a very high MR requirement for any future high-level content.

It will inevitability happen. Not necessarily an endgame but Mr will someday bump up the minimum. Mr won't matter right until it matters. Honestly the way you sound so bothered about trying out a new gun or frame in which that's basically the idea of a looter shooter is kinda silly. Why wouldn't you at least attempt to try something new? A new frame with a whole new slew of powers or new gun with possible alt modes. It's just stubborn. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

It will inevitability happen. Not necessarily an endgame but Mr will someday bump up the minimum. Mr won't matter right until it matters. Honestly the way you sound so bothered about trying out a new gun or frame in which that's basically the idea of a looter shooter is kinda silly. Why wouldn't you at least attempt to try something new? A new frame with a whole new slew of powers or new gun with possible alt modes. It's just stubborn. 

Cause that's exactly what I've been doing for the past 4 years. Trying new gear that came in. Cause that was the only thing Warframe had as content before they added syndicates and open-world.

I'm not stubborn. Just don't know what to do with all my 30+ weapons and 20+ warframes sitting in my inventory right now.

19 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

Every time I see someone that tries to discount high MR "because muh hydron", it just reflects how shallow they are as a player. If high MR means nothing, if there is no grind and you just run this mission and instantly get high MR in no time, then everyone should be high MR. But no, you actually have to play the rest of the game, collect bps and resources to craft everything.

I don't entirely disagree with this stance...Belittling a playstyle that harms no one is a sign of insecurity imo.

MR, as it is currently, rewards only 1 style of play and that style is not shared by all players.

Basically, if you are a completionist (achiever), you get rewarded. Everyone doesn't fit that playstyle (Actually, I'd guess that most gamers don't fit it).

And if you aren't... Then you miss out on XP , select rivens, and weapons — and given the rate that both the MR level and number of locked items are climbing that list is going to expand even more.

MR perks should encourage people to want to ascend in rank...not force them to have to.

I don't bother, build, or level stuff I have no interest in...My MR reflects that but it shouldn't necessarily be negatively impacted by it.

I don't know that it's necessarily cause for concern at this point... I will say, though, that if MR perks are going to be that impactful going forward, then it shouldn't be solely locked to item leveling.

On 2018-11-15 at 9:50 AM, ComCray said:

It's ridiculous to say what you just said, mastery rank is becoming more and more important with each update since the devs are constantly putting incentives into it for players to try and attain a higher rank. Leaving those that absolutely don't feel like spending 40+ hours a week leveling different weapons on the same map tile at a major disadvantage.

I'm very good at PvP.

How would you like it if DE implemented a "PvP-er only reward system" that got me free stuff/items/more rep/bounty bonuses/items and bragging rights while you just sit there complaining? :)