Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Just Broke Their Lore And Nobody Saw It

SlashW

I didn't find a very appropriate sub-forum for this, so if you want to move this topic, feel free to do so.

So...

DE said they removed Snipetron from shop because they were lore-breaking, as in, Corpus weapon using bullets and stuff.

Okay, that's quite understandable. However, as pointed by SwordAxeMace in another topic unrelated to this...

...Jackal and Hyena have massive dual-chainguns. Oh, and grenades. Doesn't seem like the "advanced-corpus-lazor" thingy.

Edited by SlashW

I think there was a Jackal in Dark Sector which was part of the Grineer arsenal.

Since this game is still in 'open beta' for all we know these may not be the final version of either bosses.

Bosses appear to still be getting changed at the moment.

Maybe it is more convinint for smaller arms to fire energy. Maybe Jackal and Hyena are suffering from Overheating issues, which they solved with using bullets. Maybe high caliber bullets do more damage than plasma. Maybe corpus had a chain gun sitting in the corner when making Jackal. Maybe Supra wasn't yet invented when Hyena and Jackal were created.

It actually makes perfect sense for them to use bullets.

Step 1: Give everyone "laser" weapons.

Step 2: Notice that Tenno no longer give a damn about the minor damage that is caused to them by Corpus.

Step 3: Build prototypes that can actually kill Tenno, a.k.a. build a robot that can fire an endless killnado (sorta like a tornado) from its face.

Edited by 9volt

Maybe it is more convinint for smaller arms to fire energy. Maybe Jackal and Hyena are suffering from Overheating issues, which they solved with using bullets. Maybe high caliber bullets do more damage than plasma. Maybe corpus had a chain gun sitting in the corner when making Jackal. Maybe Supra wasn't yet invented when Hyena and Jackal were created.

Prototypes lore wise

I didn't find a very appropriate sub-forum for this, so if you want to move this topic, feel free to do so.

So...

DE said they removed Snipetron from shop because they were lore-breaking, as in, Corpus weapon using bullets and stuff.

Okay, that's quite understandable. However, as pointed by SwordAxeMace in another topic unrelated to this...

...Jackal and Hyena have massive dual-chainguns. Oh, and grenades. Doesn't seem like the "advanced-corpus-lazor" thingy.

Yeah and they reload all the time... oh wait.

Raptor also uses missiles, your point being?

I love how the forum is so passive aggressive about the removal of the Snipetron.

I bet a lot less people would have cared if they had not swapped it for Vulkar as the only market place sniper rifle. I wouldn't have cared if they had just used the Vulkar's skin on Snipetron and said it was a Grineer gun now.

On topic: The reason the corpus are so obsessed with energy weapon has never been explained in game. Since they are basically the Wal-Mart of the future, they probably have a cheaper means of producing the batteries/ammo as opposed to standard bullets(weird if true).

I bet a lot less people would have cared if they had not swapped it for Vulkar as the only market place sniper rifle. I wouldn't have cared if they had just used the Vulkar's skin on Snipetron and said it was a Grineer gun now.

On topic: The reason the corpus are so obsessed with energy weapon has never been explained in game. Since they are basically the Wal-Mart of the future, they probably have a cheaper means of producing the batteries/ammo as opposed to standard bullets(weird if true).

I always figured the Corpus like energy weapons because they handle better for non-combat trained personnel. They are a business first, army second, so its entirely possible that they only have basic combat training. In that case their non-recoil weapons would be easier to aim and handle for standard members in the field.

It would make more sense for DE to have said the Corpus have upgraded their technology and no longer produce the now out-dated Snipetron, instead favoring the newer Lanka.