Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

give me back my rivens on Switch

Evan_Johnson

Hey DE, i don't know what going on but when you say PC players will be allowed to migrate accounts, then let users think they get to keep rivens only to take them a way is a very jerky thing to do. It is one thing for a parent to tell their child they won't get a toy for christmas. It is a different matter when the parents tell they child they will get the toy, the child opens the present to find the toy, the child gets to play with the toy, but then the parents take the toy away and say "surprise!"

Can you see how this was a bit of a #$&(% thing to do? 

1 hour ago, Evan_Johnson said:

Hey DE, i don't know what going on but when you say PC players will be allowed to migrate accounts, then let users think they get to keep rivens only to take them a way is a very jerky thing to do. It is one thing for a parent to tell their child they won't get a toy for christmas. It is a different matter when the parents tell they child they will get the toy, the child opens the present to find the toy, the child gets to play with the toy, but then the parents take the toy away and say "surprise!"

Can you see how this was a bit of a #$&(% thing to do? 

Well coming across as a petulant child isn't going to accomplish anything.

Yes it's sucky, but the reasons outlined by DE are completely valid. It would have created a very exploitative market and pushed a lot of new Nintenno away.

I am curious to know if any riven trades completed pre removal have been reversed.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)AZN_RH said:

Tbh i wonder y they jus didnt make the rivens that transfered from the pc account untradeable thus you couldnt profit off them but u could still enjoy them

Im no coder but... That would most likely mean that a whole new code/program should be implemented to restrict Riven trade. But that would also mean that, once you reach the Riven cap, you would need to dissolve or transmute current Rivens to obtain new ones or do the daily Sortie....of which, in the end, will need another unnecessary patch to retroactively remove the trade ban on Rivens once the Nintenno community has matured like the the rest of the community (I guess). 

Else if.. if Rivens is life, then sticking to PC is the best option for now. At least migration meant to copy and not to move.

9 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

How else are they meant to handle it? Allow people to completely abuse the transfer to ruin the economy?

I would've liked to see a message in my inbox saying "Hey, we removed this stuff from your migrated account due to how it was affecting the economy". A small patch would've brought my attention to the fact that things may be missing from my account. When they did the recent riven overhaul on PC, they did both these things. When you're taking away something that is so difficult to get, a little personal communication goes a long way.

I fail to understand how this hurts new players, all new players don't even have the Mr to use rivens or can even forma weapons on switch yet. It's more like hey come to the party but we really don't want you here and we are going to have to take all your beer. As a long time pc player it feels like a spit in the face.