Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave is not as dead as most think

Aramil999

Recently I was able to find matches at all hours, and looking at forums we got a lot of new topics about Conclave and Stalker Invasions. 

The biggest problem at least on forums is that every such post is attacked by small group of PvE loving PvP haters. 

Destiny and many other PvE focused games has great and strong PvP community, why a lot of players think that ALL of Warframe players do not want to play PvP. 

Yes, PvP expirience players who are new to Conclave is very, VERY bad and broken (no primary and secondary equiped, a lot of "smurfs" in matches for new players, mostly empty lobbies) so after they see that they leave BUT alot of them would like to expirience some for of PvP in Warframe or not. Many of them leave game for this reason. Only farming no playable PvP for them. 

I enjoy current Conclave alot but I see how uninteresting and hard it looks for people from outside. 

I belive very small change could start bringing many many new players to Conclave:

-Conclave node on star chart

-New players haveing all weapons equiped in Conclave loadout

9 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Recently I was able to find matches at all hours,

You really need to specify your region for this. [OCE region] I have not found a single PvP match since the last Conclave event that happened (I have not tried recently). Everyone can love it all they want, but as long as some regions cannot find games in the matchmaker, people will always hate on it.

• You tell me its not dead, but I have not found a match in so long. How can I not consider it dead?
  • I liked Conclave, but DE has kind of ruined it for me now.

Destiny and many other PvE focused games has great and strong PvP community, why a lot of players think that ALL of Warframe players do not want to play PvP. 

Destiny does not impose limitations as severe as WF does in PvP. I really hate how weak everything feels in PvP here.

• Due to the issue above, I cannot play in the correct region. So lag is nearly always an issue. Yay for P2P!

I belive very small change could start bringing many many new players to Conclave:

Neither would bring myself, or anyone I regularly play with to Conclave. Simple as that. These are not suitable solutions for me/us.

• For me (not speaking for anyone else) Conclave needs a complete overhaul. It just needs to be done differently. 
Edited by krc473

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Aramil999:

-Conclave node on star chart

-New players haveing all weapons equiped in Conclave loadout

I second that.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb krc473:

Destiny does not impose limitations as severe as WF does in PvP. I really hate how weak everything feels in PvP here.

This is correct, HOWEVER you elegantly avoided mentioning that Destiny instead imposes those limitations in the PvE content.

Compare Destiny 1 to 2, if I remember correctly they took the chance to increase grenade cds and Ulti charge times.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb krc473:

Neither would bring myself, or anyone I regularly play with to Conclave.

Again, you are correct, HOWEVER you are not the target audience, it's new players to the game. So you are missing the point in a spectacular fashion.

7 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Compare Destiny 1 to 2

I never played D1, so I cannot make an accurate comparison. I have no issues with their limitations on PvE content. It means I can play with my under-powered friends without trivialising absolutely everything. Whereas in WF, I do. This was not even remotely the point of the topic, so I saw no benefit in mentioning it.

7 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Again, you are correct, HOWEVER you are not the target audience, it's new players to the game.

It depends how you interpret it. I assumed OP meant bring people to Conclave. That would mainly be aimed at people currently playing WF. "We made a couple changes to PvP in a game you do not want to play" is unlikely to have any significant effect. The initial target logically would be current players of PvE in WF. It should not be aiming to just bring new players to WF as a whole.

• I welcome your opinion on why the objective would be to bring new people to WF. Instead of encouraging current players to participate in PvP.
  • I completely accept OP could have meant either. Its up to interpretation as to what you believe to be the most logical.
Edited by krc473

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Yes, PvP expirience players who are new to Conclave is(...)

And your evidence that the people I regularly play PvE with are PvP experts is where? I am not new to conclave, they are still in recruit conditioning. So they are still considered new to conclave by DE's standards. What exactly is your point here? 

Basically, everything I found from 'new' conclave players is that the OP's suggestions make no difference. The main issue being how dead it is, and/or ping issues. 

• The OP's suggestions could be a start in the PvP rework, sure. But additional changes really are needed too.

Wh I got hate for things I didn't even write 😞
Putting Conclave on star chart and fixing Conclave loadout for new players is such easy to implement thing and would improve experience many many times over for new players.

PS there should be "for" in this sentence, "Yes, PvP expirience FOR players who are new to Conclave is very, VERY bad and broken"

Im not talking about veterans, they will play regardless, im talking about new players experience.
The hate for Conclave coming from old "conclave haters" will not change no matter what fix, rework or whatever comes so i do not bother with them.

On 2018-11-26 at 7:03 AM, krc473 said:

they are still in recruit conditioning. So they are still considered new to conclave by DE's standards.

Recruit conditioning doesn't work as a way to measure player experience. Someone could easily start playing in RC, stomp lobbies far beyond 100K kills and still never leave it despite being far from being considered "a new player" anymore.

I still think your point would be right if DE added some parameter to force graduation of players who refuse to leave RC just because they don't want to face the good players and want to have fun stomping on newcomers instead.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be a platform thing (xbox, for example, doesn't have games like Quake Live or UT for people who enjoy fast skillbased competitive shooters, so there'd be more appetite for that in Warframe).  I'd love to see data (in spreadsheets, psst @[DE]Rebecca) on conclave engagement across platforms. 

PC/NA can't fill a 4v4 game out during the middle of the day on a weekend, which seems pretty dead to me.  Didn't even make it to 2v2 until the very end; about a third of it was 1v1 and the rest was 2v1 against me (not that it mattered).

I don't play PVP much in this game because honestly, you need a ton of luck to find a halfway decent game.  The most fun thing is to play with people around the same skill level as you (regardless if you're terrible or amazing), but if there's only 4 people playing, that's not even remotely likely.

While I think Conclave has a plethora of balance issues, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want it to be improved or to receive attention from DE.
Making it better would only draw in more players and allow people to have more fun! 😄

On the PC NA server, it takes like 20 minutes to find a match during popular hours, and that's rather saddening to me because I get some enjoyment out of the gamemode.

It's kinda weird, because Conclave was more popular a few years ago back before the movement changes. But if they were to change that back, then it would be inconsistent with the rest of the game. As much as I want Conclave to be improved and succeed, the in-game mechanics sure do make it difficult to create a reasonably balanced PVP environment. 

On 2018-12-15 at 12:55 AM, (XB1)Dark SaIvation said:

If conclave is dead why do i have 66,637 kills? Why do i see full games every day? Why am i the leader of a pvp clan full of pvp lovers that dont even post on here, all on xbox?  

To busy having fun to tell you people how not dead it is see you in the conclave good luck.

Sadly I play on PC! Would love to join an active PvP clan 😉

After few mounths of playing just one or two matches every now and then I have over 1700 kills yeah