Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throwing Knives Being The Only Pistols In This Game,

yarash2110

i didnt say that but i think kunai is better (im not a fanboy, never actually used kunai,) but about hikou idk

.....you think something is better, without having actually used it?

Uh....

Anyways...

1). Acrid easily out-damages all the knives (but requires a crapton of materials, and mastery rank)

2). Kunai are mastery rank 2 already.

3). Despair are better than Kunai in most situations that matter (IE, fighting Corpus/Grineer). Grineer Seekers take less damage from Kunai, but More damage from Despair.

4). As someone mentioned above, Twin Gremlins are a decent weapon.

5). For accurate marksmen, Dual Vastos can be potent.

6). After Armor/Damage 2.0, we'll have to re-evaluate all of this.

In my opinion people who play with the throwing weapons only are either Naruto fans or just like to look cool.  I developed a love for the Sole Vasto for its accuracy and damage. Mine is fully modded and im doing 1 shot kill on lvl 55+ mobs with ease without having to worry about distance or the projectile getting there or not.

This is so ridiculous on all counts, I don't know where to begin.

The knives are 2nd highest pistol damage, not counting Lex/Seer. Vastos do more damage, but the knives are both Silent, and they ignore most armor (Some Grineer units resist Kunai damage). The knives are also much easier to make than Vastos (that take ridiculous amounts of Neurodes).

I'm not a Naruto fan, and I use knives on occasion, especially with my newbie test account (because the Kunai really is the best side-arm you can get somewhat early -- as soon as you can get nano spores). And I don't use them to "look cool", either. They are silent, you can barely see the knives when you throw them, and IMO, aren't too terribly exciting. The Vastos look cool and sound exciting... but...

1). Too hard to make.

2). No Armor-Ignore.

But after u10, well...who knows.  Maybe Vastos will be better. Still too hard to make, even if so.

I prefer the Twin Gremlins to be honest over the Kunai, they have a decent spread for dealing with crowds, have physics impact damage so knockdown hits what's behind them, and just feel better and handle better, not to mention they crit hard.

I have polarized both my grems and my kunai to fill out their mod loadouts, and I MUCH prefer the gremlins.

.....you think something is better, without having actually used it?

Uh....

Anyways...

1). Acrid easily out-damages all the knives (but requires a crapton of materials, and mastery rank)

2). Kunai are mastery rank 2 already.

3). Despair are better than Kunai in most situations that matter (IE, fighting Corpus/Grineer). Grineer Seekers take less damage from Kunai, but More damage from Despair.

4). As someone mentioned above, Twin Gremlins are a decent weapon.

5). For accurate marksmen, Dual Vastos can be potent.

6). After Armor/Damage 2.0, we'll have to re-evaluate all of this.

i didnt say im sire just from the stats and the armor ignore on kunai, but if you say,

I do not like despair at all and I have put enough forma on my seer and twin gremlin that I have retired my despair. Only reason I keep despair at all is because I do not vender weapons I stuck a catalyst on unless I really need that slot. I will not even use acrid because it is the ugliest weapon in game bar non.

I find the throwing blades a pain in the &#!. I take almost all the pistols over them.

I agree.

You mean Kunai and Hikou are better than Despair? :O

no, they still aren't. 

anyways, i haven't used Despair in..... a long time. i stopped using those throwing weapons because i finally got fed up with having that weapon equipped meant my spindashes didn't move me around. i use those in combat a lot.... i can't have my weapon making me go slow for some dumb reason.

and Gremlins are fuckin' harmonica guns anyways, nothing can beat a harmonica gun. i really don't care if Despair has better ammunition efficiency, they're not very interesting to use unless i'm fighting just Corpus Crewman and i can giggle about throwing the knife right in that slat on the front of their helmet, and pretend i just got a trickshot and pierced their eyes.

anyways, they're popular with people that haven't found their personal favorite weapon yet. as far as i'm concerned, the saying goes along that Kunai, Hikou, and Despair are for newer players looking to be able to survive, and the other more specialized weapons are for the more experienced players that want something that's more their style. 

i have seen probably one person using throwables in the past month, between TIII Defenses, and high / low level missions across many planets. 

people have mostly already moved on from the fad, there's a lot of other more specialized weapons out there. 

just as people aren't really using a Braton for later content, even though it's something you could use, people branch out and find weapons that suit their style.

I will not even use acrid because it is the ugliest weapon in game bar non.

for you sir, SIX high-five's. Acrid is literally rusting in my inventory, it's the most disgusting, boring, unimaginitive weapon in the game. the reload, audio, and animations are... just horrible(no offense to whoevers' job it was to make those, sorry :< ).

Edited by taiiat

In my opinion people who play with the throwing weapons only are either Naruto fans or just like to look cool.  I developed a love for the Sole Vasto for its accuracy and damage. Mine is fully modded and im doing 1 shot kill on lvl 55+ mobs with ease without having to worry about distance or the projectile getting there or not.

I love them for allowing quick stealth ranged kills. Yes i'm one of these idiots who try to storm rooms with Kunai and clear them out before anyone can sound an alarm or even notice me. So i can feel like i'm trying to sneak to my goal. Often with Loki.

Though i do admit they are too strong. But instead of damage nerf, i think they should just make them semi automatic and reduce ammo to something like 40 or 80, perhaps even used sniper ammo pool

Edited by Othergrunty

I love them for allowing quick stealth ranged kills. Yes i'm one of these idiots who try to storm rooms with Kunai and clear them out before anyone can sound an alarm or even notice me. So i can feel like i'm trying to sneak to my goal. Often with Loki.

Though i do admit they are too strong. But instead of damage nerf, i think they should just make them semi automatic and reduce ammo to something like 40 or 80, perhaps even used sniper ammo pool

Kunais arent that op is pretty balanced if you ask me and making them semi-auto is enought.

Edited by Dasmir

Kunais arent that op is pretty balanced if you ask me

>.>

they should have  a lower ammunition pool than other options. just like the Ogris should have a smaller ammunition pool, due to it's specialized, quite powerful niche. 

considering the 2 polarities, very cheap craft costs, 100% stagger, hits that cause runners to not explode, Corpse Cannon features, can pierce electric shields, nearly continuous firing, etc - they are. the thrown weapons are pretty much superior.

'disadvantages', the ROF isn't as high, and the cheap crafting materials, are just in larger number requirement. but that amount isn't really hard to get, so.

don't forget that Despair has an even bigger advantage, notably the extra base damage and superior damage type.

most of the weapons in Warframe have advantages and disadvantages, excelling at one thing, while falling short in others. frankly, throwns don't really fall short anywhere. but still, not that many people use them nowadays, most people have moved on ;)

Edited by taiiat

Gremlins are actually better then Kunai and Hikou. Dps in sidearms goes like this:

Acrid>Despair>T.Gremlins>everything else.

Someone with a fast finger (or has bound the mousewheel to fire) can coax better DPS out of AkBolto too.

Except that neither akboltos nor twin gremlins are accurate enough to put all their bullets into target further away than 15m. Despairs on the other hand are pinpoint accurate as long as you manage their gravity drop angle and target refuse to move.

AkBolto and Twin gremlins are good enough even without heavy modifiyng/polarization. However, i've install 2 formas into my Gremlins and they're enough to stand against any enemy (haven't placed there lethal torrent yet, so it will be even more amazing). 

Lex... well, lex was good, but Seer is better as hand cannon and vastos/gremlins are better as crit bearer. 

So, Twin Gremlins are good both with crits, damage and dps. I'm more prefer them than all this magical throwing weaponry.

>.>

they should have  a lower ammunition pool than other options. just like the Ogris should have a smaller ammunition pool, due to it's specialized, quite powerful niche. 

considering the 2 polarities, very cheap craft costs, 100% stagger, hits that cause runners to not explode, Corpse Cannon features, can pierce electric shields, nearly continuous firing, etc - they are. the thrown weapons are pretty much superior.

'disadvantages', the ROF isn't as high, and the cheap crafting materials, are just in larger number requirement. but that amount isn't really hard to get, so.

don't forget that Despair has an even bigger advantage, notably the extra base damage and superior damage type.

most of the weapons in Warframe have advantages and disadvantages, excelling at one thing, while falling short in others. frankly, throwns don't really fall short anywhere. but still, not that many people use them nowadays, most people have moved on ;)

its 45 dmg with 3,3 of rof =148,5 pretty much the lowest Dps of AP sidearms and they arent that accurate. (the only is they are auto but hikous its auto too and has higher dps, twin Grems too and with 10% of Crit)

but if we talk about despair or acrid now thats is totally game-borking stuff even you can ask yourself why to pickup you primary or melee when ...you have acrid or despair.

Edited by Dasmir

>.>

How about no?

how about yes? A rocket pancher that can oneshot a t3 last wave heavy with infinite bullets? So yes. how about yes

A t3 level 100 heavy gunner has 15k health and 3.3k shields a level 130 has 26k health 4.6k shields, post a video of you one shooting any heavy unit with a Kunai or a despair. A ancient level 130 has 15k health and 2886 armor, comments like your just show that you are clueless it is better not to make claims that are easily disproved.