Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr build?

DelusionalDunmer

Question

5 answers to this question

I do all the umbra mods and duration + adaptation + rage + forever warcry or whatever that special mod is called and then whack everything with cleavers. It's not as strong as a number 4 claw build but to really do her claws for long periods of time you need that energy arcane that is expensive.

If you’re new to using Valkyr or other frames entirely, I have a 0 forma build you can use. Or, if you don’t have the mods, a general idea of the playstyle on a budget.

the build consists of (Throwing mod effects out there since you might not know about or have specific mods to make the actual build. Just work with what you can.)

1: High health, so a high ranking vitality will work if you can spare the credits and Endo.

2: High armor to beef up her already tanky as hell base armor stat of 600 (my Valkyr prime with a maxed steel fiber gets about 1,000 or so armor. That’s a LOT of armor.)

3: Hunter adrenaline/Rage to return energy when Valkyr takes damage. If rage is unavailable, Hunter Adrenaline is a perfect substitute. It can be acquired from Cetus bounties on earth. (The mod’s effect converts 45% of damage taken to your health into energy for your abilities. This makes it incredibly useful on high armor and high health frames, as they are tanky enough to literally let enemies hit them with minimal consequence. Valkyr’s high armor stat is a perfect example of this synergy.)

4: Increased ability efficiency will allow you to use Valkyr’s abilities more often, allowing you to conserve energy. Efficiency also affects the drain rate of channeled abilities. For example, excalibur’s Exalted blade consumes energy per second while active. Increased efficiency slows the rate at which it is drained. The same goes for all channeled abilities, such as Wukong’s iron staff, Oberon’s renewal, Titania’s Razorwing, Mesa’s Peacemakers, and in this case, Valkyr’s Hysteria. However, while efficiency can help valkyr’s energy drain on hysteria, its energy drain ramps up over a few seconds, indicated by the number on the ability icon while active. There is always a price to pay for invulnerability and lifesteal. To nearly negate this drain penalty, I recommend you get your hands on Fleeting Expertise as soon as possible. Don’t rush it though.

5: A little extra power strength never hurt. Simply put on intensify and you have enough power strength to have your abilities make an impactful difference on your performance.

Anyway, on to how the build works!

This build focuses on use of Valkyr’s fourth ability: Hysteria. The idea of this build is to use Valkyr’s high armor and health to tank enemy fire to generate energy via Hunter adrenaline. Once you have sufficient energy, activate hysteria, then rip and tear to return all the health you sacrificed to gain that energy. When you run out or deactivate the ability, simply rinse and repeat. Hysteria works by turning Valkyr invincible and granting lifesteal. So you can essentially save yourself from death if you time your ability activation right.

This build allows you to use hysteria as much as possible while having a steady supply of energy. I hope this helps!

Spoiler

20181126195922_1.jpg

This what I ended up using after 1k hours on Valkyr. Its for when no warframe nukes nearly as hard as your weapons and your damage output is caped only by how fast you can reach the next group of enemies.

Really good for ESO.

Edited by -skimmer-