Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a free image posting site

ThumpumGood

16 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

every image post I see from that site says *cant be displayed due to errors*

Same, but I think it's imgur's end having problems.  The images aren't really corrupt, they're just doing something that interferes with hotlinking.  If you open one of those images, click on the address bar, and just hit enter it should show the image properly.  At least that's how I get it to work.

anything you want, really. just avoid Imageshack and Photobucket. or any other Media Host that will actively try to prevent Hotlinking. Hotlinking is basically the entire reason why anyone wants a Media Host in the first place anyways, so if a service is trying to prevent Hotlinking they're just stupid and use a different service.

there's a LOT of choices.
i do use Imgur myself, mostly because it's one of the not that many Host choices that has Global Datacenter replication (so that no matter where in the world someone lives, they can load the picture very quickly within minutes of me Uploading it).

while i'm here i'll gush a bit about ShareX - a beautiful Media Uploading Tool that has the goal of making your life extremely easy. take pictures, record video, and upload pictures/video/text/data at the press of a button. with nearly limitless customization. ShareX is not a proprietary service, so it is not going to just stop working someday in the future. instead it is basically a local API service that sends data to web services of your choice.
for an example of how easy using ShareX can be, i can hit a Key Shortcut and take a picture (whether that be a full screen capture if necessary, a cropped region to only capture what's important and not make pictures big and fat for no reason, a freehand region if you wanted that for some reason, even a predetermined part of the screen for repetitious tasks), and have it automatically Upload and put a link to it in my Clipboard. all at the snap of a finger. there's much more you can do with ShareX, but that's what i want out of it generally.
plus, ShareX has support for having a local Database of all the media you have ever captured and/or uploaded, so that you always have it later and can look back through a catalogue of what you have taken in the past. very handy, IMO.

some visual aids to allude to how great this Open Source Tool can be for simplifying your media sharing life:
http://i.imgur.com/oiw6zcg.png
http://i.imgur.com/eoJrkLx.png

44 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I just saw a post with an image from Discord. I'll try that

mind you Discord is not your personal CDN, keep in mind the Terms of Service contract you sign when you make an Account with places.
(Hosting Websites aren't either, each service is trying to get you to use their Hosting responsibly - mainly not embedding media Hosted by them in high traffic places)

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Same, but I think it's imgur's end having problems.  The images aren't really corrupt, they're just doing something that interferes with hotlinking.

it's something to do with their HTTPS security - the links forward to the secure version by default now, which robots seem to be having trouble parsing lately(sometimes).
it's a simple if annoying workaround to link to HTTP rather than HTTPS - image links don't really need Certificate security anyways, it's just a picture and there's too many of them for someone malicious to be able to do much of anything with it.

Edited by taiiat