Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE nerfed K Drive EXP?

Kaiser_Suoh

2 hours ago, gogita said:

it is typical of DE to stuff things up  really  if you do a trick worth points that should be the standing reward  not just 25% of it but these people have never know real maths

I would add that it takes a while for the stunt tally to trigger, as it certainly seems that I can pull a quick flip without any points awarded.
If this was a """stealth fix,""" it's one that's not going to make many people happy, and instead of doing that in the future (yet again,) they need to go back and look at how points are tallied in games like the Tony Hawk games or the Skate games (or other skateboarding or even snowboarding games) and tailor their system to be closer to those.

On 2018-11-29 at 5:35 PM, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Is my imagination or with the last update i make less EXP doing tricks.

You have the same problem?

What? before update i did 2000 points in one trick, and 1/4 of them were to Ventkids standing (+500 standing points)
After Update i do the same trick and only get 600 points, AND 1/3 of them were to Ventkids standing (+200 standing points)
That is a huge nerf!! why nobody is talking about it?

You are absolutely correct.  They nerfed it in several ways:

"Inertia Dampeners" no longer give ANY boost to Trick bonuses, so the entire Mod is now useless.   This is easy to prove- you can no longer get much over a 15 multiplier, where previously you could get up to 50 or more.  And the multiplier no longer shows any addition from the Mod.

If you land in such a way as to fall off your board, you no longer get ANY of the points you'd earned prior to the fall.  This was obviously done to grief players who were using the Pearl to grind Rep.

Speaking of the Pearl, they greatly upped the number of enemies that spawn there, in a fairly obvious bid to make it less attractive as a place to grind.

Aside from that, the Trick multiplier itself seems to have been cut in half.  You now must do twice as many Tricks to earn the same bonus, and you get no +4 from the Dampener Mod.

Personally, I'm glad that I got to Logical before all this happened, because otherwise I don't think I ever could have done it.  I honestly don't get the point- it's not like you get great rewards from the Vent Kids.  The boards all have the same stats, and most of the Mods are aimed at making Rep Grinding easier... something they just nerfed completely.  I can't really think of a single thing anyone actually needs from the Vent Kids, so all they really did was make gaining rep with them an even bigger pain in the butt.