Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-prime Skins for Prime Weapons

ZStormWizard

Greetings DE and my fellow Tenno,

I recently (about a week ago) got the Akvasto Prime, after being a big fan of the Akvasto for a long time for the classic revolver aesthetic. I love the colors I chose for the non-primed Akvasto, but I was dismayed to find that I couldn't use the same color scheme for the Akvasto Prime, and none of the skins could produce the same effect. Then, the thought occurred to me that all Primed Warframes have an option to equip their non-primed variant's skin, so why is it that Primed Weapons don't have this option?

For anyone curious;

Non-Prime:

https://imgur.com/vuW64JO

Primed:

https://imgur.com/r2Up7wx

Edited by eXSive

The only weapon that I would like to have a non-Prime skin for would be Rubico Prime. But maybe come this holiday season a Rubico Solstice skin would be a great aesthetic boon for me.

There have been a lot of players vouching for the non-Prime skin for Silvas & Aegis Prime, but again a Solstice skin for it would be an amazing addition for all platforms to use. Maybe DE will make it happen.

@COATTOQUALUNQUE 
I don't like PvP. I came to warframe to slaughter millions to feel good, not to have anxiety and nervousness playing against other players. (I appreciate having a reward for playing a certain gamemode, you can keep that skin to yourself, you've earned it.)

However, we can equip normal warframe skins over prime ones, so why shouldn't we be able to equip normal weapon skins over prime ones?
There's also the disrespectancy of immortal skins on prime warframes and weapon skins over prime weapons, where immortals apply the texture over some prime warframes (IMO some look horrible, some look pretty good), but weapon skins get the complete change (model + texture).

Finally, the last fish out of the water: Tennogen skins, warframe Tennogen can choose between prime/normal, not all skins have prime details so some of them are not affected, some of them even have minor changes see for yourself:

https://imgur.com/a/0CFkphq

Up to this day I learned to be vary of this when I purchase skins.

I'm still a bit miffed off by this inconsistency and would like it changed.

6 hours ago, COATTOQUALUNQUE said:

lmao

That's pretty legitimate reason. For the longest time when I would play PVP shooters I would feel anxious cause I knew I would be terrible and it wouldn't be fun, only after I built up some self confidence, knowing that I can go 20-0 KDR with the right conditions. But some people can't get over that anxiety and you shouldn't fault them for it.

This is getting off-topic, the point of this thread was to suggest to DE to add the non-primed skins to primed weapons, because primed warframes also get their non-primed skins as an option to equip, so it seems fair to think that primed weapons should have the same option.