Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POE Bounty Fail??? WTF???

Zeoran

Twice now, solo'ing a low level bounty for Konzu, part of that bounty included liberating the camp and then holding the camp and preventing reinforcements from reclaiming it.  As a Limbo Prime, I stand in the center of the camp that I just liberated and cast Cataclysm and Stasis to make sure that no one can get near the camp.  All the reinforcements either die trying to enter my Cataclysm or are killed by me as I roam the boundary around it.  Yet both times I've done this, when the timer runs out, fake Lotus says that I failed to protect the camp and she'll let Konzu know we failed the bounty???!!!!   WTF????  How am I failing to protect a camp that NO ONE IS TOUCHING????!!!!!  I presume this is some form of bug with that mission.  Or have you for some weird ass reason designed the mission so that it MUST take SOME damage and at least one grineer must get near it in order for it to be a success????  WTF DE????

The camp wasn't located near the caves.  And since I had Cataclysm up and Stasis, none of the bad guys that got dropped in, ever made it near the pod I was protecting.  I'm wondering if there's some weird "trigger" that exists that doesn't account for using your frames abilities the way I did.  When I did the same bounty later and went through the same part but instead of using my frames abilities, I just went around killing everything, it worked out ok, it just took a lot longer and I nearly died a couple of times.  But there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to protect the location with Cataclysm and successfully complete the bounty stage.  And I'd really like a DE dev/rep to explain to me why I can't use Cataclysm/Stasis on that mission without failing it. 

I saw most enemies die when they were dropped into the Cataclysm itself, which does quite a bit of damage.  There were a few that came in from the edges of the circle and those I killed manually.  It was about 70/30 on instant vs manual killed. I kept a close watch on the minimap and had 'enemy radar' on.  

I've already submitted a bug report and made a post in the forums.  I have yet to hear back from DE at all about it.  For now, I've just gotten around it by avoiding using that technique, but I shouldn't have to avoid using an ability the way it's meant to be used.