Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes has lost my support over their treatment of a fellow player's account and I will be uninstalling in support.

AnonymousPepper

Hello, all. I am a longtime player - no Founder or anything, but I've been around for a while - and I've greatly enjoyed the time I've put into this game. I think DE has put together an incredible time-waster that has clearly been made with a lot of love, and I do not regret a moment of playing it.

But with that said, I'm no longer going to be putting any of my time into a game whose developers clearly do not care about their playerbase.

The fellow player is a close friend of mine by the name of -removed name-, who has been playing consistently for much longer than I have. Several months ago, she made a trade for a riven, and then went to bed without spending the platinum. She woke up in the morning unable to access her account. It took two weeks for support to even inform her that they had decided to give her a negative balance, a whopping 4000. And she has committed no other known offenses.

I know, I know, this sounds like your average "wahhh dirty plat" vent, but there's more to this still.

She sent off a ticket to support on the subject.

It took them two months to reply with anything

Today, after nearly three months, DE finally deigned to reply. And she instead received a lengthy response, which I have seen screengrabs of but will not post without permission from DE because it contains account names of other users, accusing her of receiving platinum for 11 "valueless items" - really? Rivens are "valueless items" now? - over the course of two months from eleven different dirty accounts, and changing her negative platinum balance to -13000. I am one hundred percent certain that these trades were rivens, as their varying price points (800, 1200, 2000, 1000, 1000, 2000, 1500, 510, 1000, 1000, 1000)  fit that of rivens of various rarities and qualities, and I know from personal experience that she spent much time farming and rerolling riven mods for trade. Items that absolutely have value, mind you!

And because DE decided, after three months of no response or updates, to assess a veteran player's rivens as being "worthless," they now expect her to fork over 600 dollars to ransom her account.

This is patently insane, and unless DE improves their response time and numerous other issues, I can no longer in good conscience support this company, despite my own account being in perfectly good standing. Furthermore, this is the sort of thing that I will happily be telling other friends about.

1 minute ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I don't get it how your friend managed to sell 11 different rivens all to bad plat owners, or was it all to the same person?

Both scenarios look kinda really weird tbh, I wonder what happened there.

Thinking the same, the chance of you doing trades with 11 plat owners and all of them being "bad plat", in a "short" time is wierd and realy realy low, at least they identified all 11.

Well, how does anyone know who a scammer is anyway ? Before you trade anything, do you just ask, hey are you a scammer or did you get your platinum dishonestly ? Seriously, how would anyone know unless DE posted the name of scammers or suspected scammers. Maybe DE needs to rethink the trading system in the game if there is that big of a problem with it. I wouldn't mind an auction house system to be honest. I think it would be safer and better for all involved than the way it is now. I wouldn't mind trading more but this is just another conformation that it is to easy to get in some sort of trouble with the system DE has created for us to trade with.

9 minutes ago, Sepharoth said:

Well, how does anyone know who a scammer is anyway ? Before you trade anything, do you just ask, hey are you a scammer or did you get your platinum dishonestly ? Seriously, how would anyone know unless DE posted the name of scammers or suspected scammers. Maybe DE needs to rethink the trading system in the game if there is that big of a problem with it. I wouldn't mind an auction house system to be honest. I think it would be safer and better for all involved than the way it is now. I wouldn't mind trading more but this is just another conformation that it is to easy to get in some sort of trouble with the system DE has created for us to trade with.

The Riven market is also starting to bother me a little because of this post.

I might have also been somewhat hasty in my earlier judgment, so quick to take one side of the other, but subpar handling of a Warframe support case isn't new to me, I'm sad to say.

Edited by Ventura_Highway