Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mod system (Warframes)

Mados.sys

I was thinking about the mod slots of the Warframes, and i think 8 slots now feels like a huge limitation considering the amount of mods than there are, including new ones from the orb vallis.

Don't get me wrong, we have been using 8 mod slots since the beta (even 6) but looking at the mods than there are, that are not worth a slot because of the meta game, (wich is focusing on the warframes abilitys and/or survival) unless you're a new player, you'll never mod a frame with Insulation, Intruder and Master thief for a T4 fisure or sorties right? at first i though about making every augment an exilum mod so we can give some good use to that extra slot, but there are still a lot of unused and "useless" mods.

So here is my idea, why don't expand the warframe mods slots, giving each one his own "slots"? (example mods)

Wf. abilities: 6 - 8 mods (Intensify, Reach, Continuity, Flow, corrupted mods)

Wf. survival / armor: 4 - 6 mods (Vitality, Redirection, Vigor)

Wf. accesories: 2 - 4 mods (Thief's wit, Intruder, Master thief, Natural talent)

Wf. movility: 3 mods (Rush, bullet jump mods, Maglev)

Wf. protection: 3 mods (Sure footed, Antitoxic, Fire repellent, Insulation)

Exilum: 2 mods (limited to Lua mods, after all they add ability stats and movility in some cases)

Wf. augments: 2 mods

I guess also changing the mod capacity from 30 to 40 or 50 base so we don't have to forma all of those slots and having on mind than some mods are pretty heavy like Master thief and bullet jump mods like Firewalker.

I was thinking about this because it doesn't make you as twice broken or something like that, instead it gives you more customisation and Warframes would trully be fully equiped, ready for most of the situations, spying, chasing, killing, surviving, etc.

Zm_itemswitch.png And this was like an idea of what it can looks like if it was applied (yeah metroid zero)

Edited by Deluxe-Chimera

I like such a system more than the redundant one we have currently. WE have like 200 warframe mods and half of them arn´t used. We need more  type specif modslots and more slots in general. It´s like playing PoE with a maximum of 10 skillpoints. Where is the point in so many mods?

3 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

I propose that if this is implemented, that in order to make sure Warframes are not even more massively overpowered relative to most enemies, the enemies get this mod system too.

I propose if we can mod our weapons with +1000% more damage enemies should do the same.

On 2018-12-09 at 3:12 AM, Deluxe-Chimera said:

-snip-

I could get behind the general idea of purpose specific mod slots on Frames or weapons. However not with the numbers you suggest - 20 slots in total is just broken.
Nevertheless, the major issue will still remain - mods have horrible balance and simply cannot compete with each other. Even with the insane idea of 20 slots, those will be filled with the same mods across the board, because there is little to competition. Until inflated stat stacking is not fixed, nothing will chanage.

7 hours ago, Arcira said:

I propose if we can mod our weapons with +1000% more damage enemies should do the same.

Number bloat was never a solution.

3 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

Sometimes the exilus mods kinda feel...unnecessary.

Because they are unnecessary. Exilus slot was a failed experiment and showed that addition slots will not increase overall build diversity.

2 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Because they are unnecessary. Exilus slot was a failed experiment and showed that addition slots will not increase overall build diversity

Which is why I think it might be better to add more useful mods, or just straight up make it possible to place warframe augments to that slot.

11 hours ago, Arcira said:

What? Are you kidding me, that's insane!

All I'm proposing is enemies get access to extra fire rate, punch through, maybe 200-300% more compound element damage, 110% more multishot, 130% more crits that hit for 200% more, along with only 165% more damage.

I just wanted to check if it was a good idea anyway, because as Arcira said, we have a ton of warframe mods and everyone uses like 30 or less of them in all of theyr frames, this idea wasnt like to make them broken, but more like to make all of them more viable, thats why the ability mods and survival ones aren't unlimited, because for experience, a Banshee can be hardly viable without augments and without any shield/health she's not even close to be a glass cannon, and maybe, just maybe there are some warframes than also have the same problem (Nyx, Equinox, Limbo, Nova, Titania), and if this was like a bad idea (wich i think it is) then how are we suppose to use the mods than i listed, without ruining our builds? 1 exilum mod feels like nothing, but thats just me i guess

Edited by Deluxe-Chimera
I pressed enter by accident, kek