Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd love for prime frames to come with a free augment slot

(PSN)tissot555

First off, it looks like this thread is a redux of another already made in General Discussion. In the future, please only make one thread for one topic.

Second, I would personally be against such an idea, because adding an extra mod slot would only power creep warframes, when we absolutely do not need more of that. It is not a great idea to encourage players to pay money just to access more power, as the short-term gains that may arise from it come at a cost in long-term instability, which we are already experiencing now due to the power creep that has accumulated over the years. If the desire here is to have more customizability on warframes, I feel that should point more towards identifying current mandatory mods and looking to make them mandatory no more, but in no case do I feel the solution should be to add more mod slots. Many current and highly powerful builds use augments, too, so this would only give those builds an extra mod slot with which they could equip any additional mod they'd like.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Why did you create 2 threads with the same topic? 

Because neither is in the correct section of the forums. One is in General Discussion and one in Weapon Feedback (the topic is however clearly Prime Warframes).

OP is obviously under the impression that if they try to put this thread in any section, sooner or later by accident they will actually guess the correct section.

14 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Because neither is in the correct section of the forums. One is in General Discussion and one in Weapon Feedback (the topic is however clearly Prime Warframes).

OP is obviously under the impression that if they try to put this thread in any section, sooner or later by accident they will actually guess the correct section.

im pretty sure its under frames though P.S. one is a general discussion for players and one is feedback for devs sooooooo thanks for coming out

Edited by (PS4)tissot555

I think DEs approach to primes is pretty sensible already: largely cosmetic, but with a few small upgrades over base.  That way, given the long lag between a frame's introduction and it's prime release, people don't get -quite- as frustrated if their favorite frame has yet to be primed, or they miss the access.

An extra slot is definitely not a small upgrade to frames with decent augments. Sure, it would get people even more excited about primes--especially traders who already have prime part stockpiles!--but IMO the cons outweigh the pros.