Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strongest Glaive?

TheDante500

Question

a)What is the strongest Glaive, not considering the Glaive Prime(name them like this 1.X  2.Y 3.Z, where 1 will be the strongest)?

b)which one(s) can reach a 100% status?

c) which one do you recomend?

d) and how should i mod Falcor?

Extra Info (Maybe usless): I have a Catalyst Orvius and Falcor (No Catalyst)

Edited by TheDante500
wrong title

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, TheDante500 said:

a)What is the strongest Glaive, not considering the Glaive Prime(name them like this 1.X  2.Y 3.Z, where 1 will be the strongest)?

b)which one(s) can reach a 100% status?

c) which one do you recomend?

d) and how should i mod Falcor?

Extra Info (Maybe usless): I have a Catalyst Orvius and Falcor (No Catalyst)

a) IMO (not including glaive prime, as requested): 1. Cerata 2. Falcor. All the others aren't worth mentioning.

b) Glaive Prime, Cerata, and Falcor can all reach 100% status (Falcor requires drifting contact to do so)

c) I would personally recommend Glaive Prime. However, since that seems like it's not an option, I would recommend the Cerata.

d) Primed Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Drifting Contact, Berserker, and at least 2 dual stat elemental mods. The rest is up to you (if you are planning to quick melee a lot, you might want to throw on Primed Fury instead of Berserker). You can add some crit with Blood Rush if you want, or throw on another couple dual stat elementals for 100% status.

Orvius is so unreliable you shouldn't even use it.  It has a powerful ability, but the way it tends to seek targets that are close to you, sometimes not even in your screen, and kill you completely kills this glaive. I am using the Farcor currently. It can reach 100% status, travels a long distance and deals good damage.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can manually detonate glaives. Falcor deals great damage to groups of enemies this way.

hace 10 minutos, -AxHx-Vile dijo:

Your questions have been answered, but perhaps for future reference; did you know the wiki has a weapon comparison page? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

Here's the Glaive comparison:

7b821bbd3784f3402d6fd17020e01255.png

i didnt know that have a comparison page, thks

hace 21 minutos, Yuri_Doujinshi dijo:

a) IMO (not including glaive prime, as requested): 1. Cerata 2. Falcor. All the others aren't worth mentioning.

b) Glaive Prime, Cerata, and Falcor can all reach 100% status (Falcor requires drifting contact to do so)

c) I would personally recommend Glaive Prime. However, since that seems like it's not an option, I would recommend the Cerata.

d) Primed Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Drifting Contact, Berserker, and at least 2 dual stat elemental mods. The rest is up to you (if you are planning to quick melee a lot, you might want to throw on Primed Fury instead of Berserker). You can add some crit with Blood Rush if you want, or throw on another couple dual stat elementals for 100% status.

drifting contact? ._. i used the 4 V and reach 100% in the charged throw unless you mean for the 3 (atack, throw, charged throw)

It depends very heavily on how you intend to use them. You can classify Glaives into 2 primary categories, precise Glaives and tracking Glaives.

The Falcor and Orvius(only on channeled throws though) are your tracking Glaives while the others require some level of accuracy to get the initial throw to hit rather than hope that it bounces around and strikes the targets you want. All Glaives will attempt to find a target as they bounce off something but only the Falcor and Orvius will aggressively steer themselves towards a target. It makes a big difference as it means you can throw those two very aggressively as compared to the other Glaives where you have to be quite calculated with your aim, especially in open areas. Because of this, the Falcor is probably the friendliest Glaive so don't be fooled by the paper stats for Glaives.

If you're using Glaives to cut through a crowd or to strike a high priority target within the crowd, then you want to avoid those two and go for the Cerata instead. Halikar and Kestrel are gimmick weapons while you're placing Glaive Prime out of the equation.

People hate the Orvius for its explosion but it depends on the context of use. I've invested quite a bit into both the Falcor and the Orvius and personally, while it is risky, I find the Falcor to be pretty lackluster in comparison to the potential of the Orvius.

• Like 1

I haven't tried, but I suspect the Orvius would be good at high levels. The problem is that at low levels, the enemies are so squishy that the Orvius explodes on contact. Against tougher enemies, it suspends the enemy on the air and you have time to get out. It is particularly useful against annoying enemies such as Bursas and Ancients. Now, would be nice if the Orvius had a target priority, instead of going for the first thing that it sees.

20 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

It depends very heavily on how you intend to use them. You can classify Glaives into 2 primary categories, precise Glaives and tracking Glaives.

The Falcor and Orvius(only on channeled throws though) are your tracking Glaives while the others require some level of accuracy to get the initial throw to hit rather than hope that it bounces around and strikes the targets you want. All Glaives will attempt to find a target as they bounce off something but only the Falcor and Orvius will aggressively steer themselves towards a target. It makes a big difference as it means you can throw those two very aggressively as compared to the other Glaives where you have to be quite calculated with your aim, especially in open areas. Because of this, the Falcor is probably the friendliest Glaive so don't be fooled by the paper stats for Glaives.

If you're using Glaives to cut through a crowd or to strike a high priority target within the crowd, then you want to avoid those two and go for the Cerata instead. Halikar and Kestrel are gimmick weapons while you're placing Glaive Prime out of the equation.

People hate the Orvius for its explosion but it depends on the context of use. I've invested quite a bit into both the Falcor and the Orvius and personally, while it is risky, I find the Falcor to be pretty lackluster in comparison to the potential of the Orvius.

I've used every glaive type weapon there is in the game and I can agree with what you've said above.  That comparison list from the wiki can be quite misleading depending on how you intend to use the glaives if you're looking at it as top (best) to bottom(worst).  When using them as melee and not thrown, there are really only two at the top.  Those are Glaive Prime and Orvius with Falcor possibly tying with Orvius.  As for throwing, none of the Glaives actually beat the charged throw of the Orvius.  

I see people always mentioning the Cereta as being really good.  Sadly in my experience using it this has not been the case.  This is even after building it twice and forma'ing it both times.  I would rate it 4th with Glaive P, Orvius, and Falcor all being better overall in use.  You might notice that those I listed top three all have high slash damage, which does matter when using as melee instead of just throwing. 

Once you add Ivara into the mix, then you start to see glaives in a different light.  😄 

On 2018-12-14 at 6:13 AM, Anthraxicus said:

Orvius is so unreliable you shouldn't even use it.  It has a powerful ability, but the way it tends to seek targets that are close to you, sometimes not even in your screen, and kill you completely kills this glaive. I am using the Farcor currently. It can reach 100% status, travels a long distance and deals good damage.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can manually detonate glaives. Falcor deals great damage to groups of enemies this way. 

I use Orvius and it's actually hugely reliable. It's great for just launching and then using my secondary. 

It's easier to have it's ability activate on enemies closer to you, sure, but the only way it'll kill you is if you're standing still, which with throwing weapons you really shouldn't be doing in the first place. 

It's not the strongest glaive, but to say it's unreliable is incorrect. You were probably using it wrong. 

• Like 1

Just to let people know orvius should not be used with whirlwind it causes it to bug and not suspend a target. 

As per current question 

Orvius is great if you plan to stay at a very far away distance and not get caught in the explosion, slightly lower on the ladder is falcor. 

Cerata is just good due to its inate Toxin damage that can boost damage against corpus, not so much against grinneer. 

These results are for dual wield with a reliable secondary that can get procs consistently. 

If it is pure close range melee (not thrown) you probably want cerata and falcor as they can be built that way and the additional element helps. 

But glaive prime is still superior to all.