Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

META Kit gun builds

(PSN)NnCrusader3

Question

Hello,

Currently I have built a kit gun: rattleguts, lovetap, slap. It's got pretty good stats, 4 forma, and a riven (off the top of my head, I think it was like 87 cc, 100 ish ammo max, 120 sc, -30 ish damage to corpus). It takes about 3/4-1 clip (45 shots) to kill a 145 heavy gunner, roughly 1-1.5 for bombard depending on how close I am and how many headshots I get. I'm wondering two things:

What is the current META kit gun build out of all the parts?

What is the current meta kit gun build for rattleguts chamber? Want to know because I have the riven. 

Any help is appreciated (unless you don't know what you're talking about xD)

Edited by (PS4)NnCrusader3

12 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (PS4)NnCrusader3 said:

I've seen that build a few times, I just wonder why people go so high on crit when status scales by stripping armor. What am I missing? Don't you want a balance?

If you don't fight enemies with armor, or if you always have a team with full CP, then you don't need status that much.

That's why you decide what you want from your modular weapon.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)NnCrusader3 said:

And how well does it perform? 

Very well, but using the Haymaker will give a lower firerate then the Lovetap.

Haymaker + Splat is the highest possible damage per shot crit build, since splat is max crit, lowest status, lowest reload, and haymaker is highest damage lowest fire rate.

Edited by PoisonHD

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Very well, but using the Haymaker will give a lower firerate then the Lovetap.

Haymaker + Splat is the highest possible damage per shot crit build, since splat is max crit, lowest status, lowest reload, and haymaker is highest damage lowest fire rate.

Hmm ok thank you all!

The catchmoon is similar to the arca plasmor, the firerate is so low that vs a lot of armor it takes way too much time to strip it (even if you go 100%). A gaze/rattleguts is simply faster at stripping. So it makes sense to go high crit on that chamber.

Tombmaker seems a projectile based single target gun. On paper its having a weird aoe, in practise you will simply ignore it and just fire away. Mine is currently not max, not sure if its good at armor stripping (it seems to have several hits per bullet) which means possible status.

The rest is the default beam/auto firing guns + arcane. Big thing: They all look ugly. I take anytime a synoid gammacor versus a gaze. Rattleguts is one-handed hitscan, so there might be a niche. But the recoil is bad, not a gun for the distance I prefer to fight.

Edited by Fiewel

7 minutes ago, Fiewel said:

The catchmoon is similar to the arca plasmor, the firerate is so low that vs a lot of armor it takes way too much time to strip it (even if you go 100%). A gaze/rattleguts is simply faster at stripping. So it makes sense to go high crit on that chamber.

Tombmaker seems a projectile based single target gun. On paper its having a weird aoe in practise you will simply ignore it and just fire away. Mine is currently not max, not sure if its good at armor stripping (it seems to have several hits per bullet) which means possible status.

The rest is the default beam/auto firing guns + arcane. Big thing: They all look ugly. I take anytime a synoid gammacor versus a gaze. Rattleguts is one-handed hitscan, so there might be a niche. But the recoil is bad, not a gun for the distance I prefer to fight.

I think they all look really cool, and I'll use a gun that can have infinite ammo over any other secondary any day.