Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ever asked for end game. A good idea and a passive solution.

ThumpumGood

I keep seeing people asking for end game. What they fail to include in the endgame request is power creep. DE already has addressed that with the fact that, if you stay long enough, you wont be able to beat the mobs. The issue I would like to address in this quest for end game, is the start level of the Mobs. Slogging from 80 and getting to 300 takes forever and some people just dont have that kind of time. I have a possible solution.

For friends only grouping, have a mob start level selection. Example:
1. Mission level. This selection would start the mission at it's default level.
2. 80-100
3. 100-150
4. 150-200
5. 200-300

No other rewards other than the ability to bypass the slog to get there. Maybe ad an achievement for reaching specific levels, but nothing major. It would bring back the passive competition between clans that was so great 'back in the day'.

Peeps have reached 9999, which is the max enemy lvl, i think.

Say getting there  no longer takes 15 hrs, then what? The dungeon crawler does hit a dead end.

Please god, I’d rather have more variety of missions like the small change ups in Vallis, or modifiers drawn from some of the mastery tests, more content related frames or weapons, or content related to improving them (challenged based) or a change up in mr itself, and more interesting things to fight that take some mechanic (timing) rather than cheese cc and dps.

I’d love a huge enclosed space with a suite of things that could be done: mash hoards, steal stuff, knife a baddy in the back that I could simply -do- rather than check in to a supervisor for every last thing. Then have something randomly pop in to do, so long as its not cheese mission redux.

This is not endgame. Infinitely increasing the numerical stats of enemies is artificial difficulty, and is absolutely no substitute for endgame content.

Furthermore, how is it going to be any more interesting at level 300 than what we have now? Standard gear won't perform there, so you end up taking a cheese build that eliminates any difficulty that may be there and then what? Ask for even higher level enemies?

Numbers =/= challenge

Stuff like Fortuna's enemies, some of which resist CC and some which cast it effectively, is. I'm not totally happy with Fortuna's gameplay yet (notably, the several telegraphed oneshots and the lack of clear indication on Nullifying shield drones) but it's a lot better than just raising levels and calling it a day.

With the fact that the open worlds have become fixed level content as was the now gone Law Of Retribution, you cant HAVE end game with there being the inevitable power creep. The only solution is to make the enemies higher level and more of them. What you ask for is to have DE put together an auto scaling quest that gets harder as power creep sets in. You ask for that because you know that is not one game that does 'end game' that lasts for longer than 6 months with people screaming for more end game... In this scenario, you make your own.

What you ask for can never be done without having to do more than a business is willing to spend money on. This is a permanent add to the game to add a challenge. Bored with being able to do 6 Eidleons in a night? 2 sets of the triples? Most mobs annoy you like flies instead of challenging you? Well... here ya go. Do the new content at lv 300+. There's your end game.

Make it as challenging as you like.

Edited by ThumpumGood

Probably wouldn't be that challenging with the 'right build', but i sure would like some new achievements involving speedruns and endurance until we get some actually challenging content in Wf..

But for the same reason the achievements need to be tied to their respective frames so it wouldn't be entirely meaningless as some frames can cheese high level content without effort, some needs skill to do well at all levels.

4 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

I guess you missed the part where I said... Do the new content at lv 300+. There's your end game. ... That way, EVERYTHING new is end game.

Just... no. Bumping the level does not an endgame make, despite you saying it does.

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Just... no. Bumping the level does not an endgame make, despite you saying it does.

There is no endgame in a game that evolves. If you want end game, play a single player game to the end. Might I suggest the entire Elderscrolls collection.  End game means just that... it's the last boss fight. There is no last boss fight. It's not end game, it's more content. More difficult content. And if you can select the level of the mobs for ALL content (within the friends only cuz public would hose newbies) then you are able to create the type of challenge you're asking for from new content. They will NEVER make difficulty of new content so high that it scares off the casual player. *coughNightmareLoRcough* Stop asking. This is a solution that bridges them never giving it to you and you being able to actually get it.

THERE IS NO END GAME IN AN EVOLVING GAME! There is new content with high level difficulty and a lead in story. Make your own. Pick a difficulty on new content that suits your challenge requirements. That's as close as you are EVER going to get. This is a solid idea. Instead of arguing about end game BS, how about you look at the benefit.

Edited by ThumpumGood