Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime access

(PSN)Mono-Pop

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

You guys keep saying “I’m not being forced to buy it.”

When did I say I was?

I am aware that no one has a gun to my head dude.

I’ve made it very clear what all my points are, if you want to argue about this, just reread my comments and make new responses.

I don’t have anything else to say.

It sounds like an argument for the sake of arguing to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

It sounds like an argument for the sake of arguing to me.

No that’s me trying to bow out of an issue I have lost motivation to rally against.

Life moves on, DE released something I thought was scummy.

Some people agreed, some people got rude.

I have nothing more to add to the conversation.

Firstly, it's ALWAYS been this way. If players, like me, still buy them cause we want to, it goes to show that everyone is OK with this system cause it's the only way DE make money in the entire game. Plat usually doesn't sell cause people only buy on discounts, so prime access is perfect. 

Secondly, if your annoyed by the price for the cosmetics, wait a year or 2. The unvaulting will eventually bring them back. 

Thirdly, you can farm all the contents, except cosmetics from the game, for free. Without spending a SINGLE cent. And it's relatively easy 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Chroma prime access, which was $85

and then the massive bundle with Mag and someone else prime, which also came with roughly 5 prime weapons, for $45.

Mag Prime and Nova Prime pack are Prime Vault, which is basiclly a rerun Prime Access and that's why it's cheaper.

Chroma Prime pack is the same as Mesa, so no idea why you bring that up.

You prob already heard this point but,to me, Prime Access is fair game. Everything related to game can be farm and if you choose to buy it, you will get the items, exclusive goodies and quite a lot of plats. 

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

No that’s me trying to bow out of an issue I have lost motivation to rally against.

Life moves on, DE released something I thought was scummy.

Some people agreed, some people got rude.

I have nothing more to add to the conversation.

Alright. Here. Take the word of an Australian PS4 player with no stable source of income since I'm still in school and have decided to focus on my studies rather than work.

What you are whining about (Yes whining, because that is what you are doing) is the income source of people who have made a great game, and given it out for free.

I noticed earlier that you complained about the plat included in the $105AUD pack. That platinum is HEAVILY discounted compared to all other packs. You also get access to Mesa Prime, Akjagara Prime and Redeemer Prime with it. If you do not want to buy it, then don't. Do NOT compare the purchases you make on this FREE TO PLAY game to purchases you made in Overwatch or Destiny 2 as Overwatch still costs $70AUD and Destiny 2 (Which I own, and have purchased every expansion, excluding the one released this month) which, for all the content, is about $250AUD. The lootboxes and entry price in both those games are what pay the employees. In Warframe, there are no lootboxes, and there is no entry price, as such, you expect the larger things like this to be higher priced, because that is their biggest form of income. All the other forms of income you mentioned, are easily earned for FREE in game by trading to get platinum with other players.

I myself have purchased two full deluxe bundles, and have only bought the free items I get as a PSPlus member, and the Nyx Prime Accessories during Nyx's unvaulting. That's it. The 292 platinum I currently have? That was gained by playing the game, and then trading anything I didn't want/need.

Cease your whining about a mechanic that's been in the game for longer than you've been playing it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Alright. Here. Take the word of an Australian PS4 player with no stable source of income since I'm still in school and have decided to focus on my studies rather than work.

What you are whining about (Yes whining, because that is what you are doing) is the income source of people who have made a great game, and given it out for free.

I noticed earlier that you complained about the plat included in the $105AUD pack. That platinum is HEAVILY discounted compared to all other packs. You also get access to Mesa Prime, Akjagara Prime and Redeemer Prime with it. If you do not want to buy it, then don't. Do NOT compare the purchases you make on this FREE TO PLAY game to purchases you made in Overwatch or Destiny 2 as Overwatch still costs $70AUD and Destiny 2 (Which I own, and have purchased every expansion, excluding the one released this month) which, for all the content, is about $250AUD. The lootboxes and entry price in both those games are what pay the employees. In Warframe, there are no lootboxes, and there is no entry price, as such, you expect the larger things like this to be higher priced, because that is their biggest form of income. All the other forms of income you mentioned, are easily earned for FREE in game by trading to get platinum with other players.

I myself have purchased two full deluxe bundles, and have only bought the free items I get as a PSPlus member, and the Nyx Prime Accessories during Nyx's unvaulting. That's it. The 292 platinum I currently have? That was gained by playing the game, and then trading anything I didn't want/need.

Cease your whining about a mechanic that's been in the game for longer than you've been playing it. 

I complained about the platinum even being in the prime access pack in the first place.

No one in this thread pretended for a second that Mesa prime or the weapons are worth $105.

My anger is that there are two serperate packs for Mesa and the accessories, and each pack has had platinum added to it to bump up its value by an absurd amount.

There are already options to buy platinum in the store.

This was suppose to be “Mesa prime access” yet according to most people that responded to me, the entire point of the prime pack is for discounted platinum...

Which apparently you wouldn’t even want anyway, because you earn all your plat.

😐

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I respect you taking a level headed response to this.

It’s so refreshing after the past 24 hours of responses.

I totally get where you are coming from, too.

I watched the dev stream when they announced Mesa Prime live.

My account is only 44 days old, so yeah I can’t really deny the fact that I am new, and this was my first prime reveal.

They talked about Mesa, the operator cosmetics and the 90 day boosters all together.

It seemed pretty evident to me that it would be all in the one pack, and the other prime packs in the market at the time were;

Chroma prime access, which was $85

and then the massive bundle with Mag and someone else prime, which also came with roughly 5 prime weapons, for $45.

When Mesa prime released, and the two things I actually cared about where separated into different packs, I was pretty angry.

The way it ended up being presented to me, was if you pay $105 we will give you Mesa prime. Oh, and some virtual currency.

Oh, and if you want those boosters we mentioned you’re going to have to spend another $85. Oh, and we’ll throw in some more virtual currency so people on the forums can defend these packs by saying platinum is worth something.

I was shocked dude. Like I said in my post I started playing this game because of Noclips documentary about DE.

It looked really exciting to play a game made by devs who weren’t being controlled by a publisher, and who actually seemed to care about their community.

One month in and it just felt like they were reaching for my wallet, it was an absolute smack in the face. 

Sure, I’m new, I didn’t know how DE released prime frames.

Well now I do, and I find it absolutely disgusting and soulless.

This isn’t free to play done right, this is free to play done like everyone else.

People defend it by saying that you can trade for plat, do you really think that makes a difference?

It doesn’t matter how YOU get the plat, SOMEONE paid money for it.

When you buy an item or a catalyst with platinum it’s deleted, that real world cash turns into profit the moment that platinum leaves the game.

What warframe players fail to see, is that every community of every free to play game does exactly the same stuff, they all think their game does it right, the developers care...

Maybe when they were desperate, FIVE years ago they were more genuine and that’s earned them this reputation, but as a new player coming into the game now?

Seen this all before. 

DE aren’t any different to Activision, Blizzard or Bungie, the only difference is that they are less successful and don’t have the lime light on them so they aren’t being scrutinised.

Before anyone decides to abuse me further in defence of a company that they have nothing to do with, first take the time to explain to me how exactly Mesa prime is worth $105.

WITHOUT MENTIONING PLATINUM.

All DE did to add platinum to that pack was type in a number.

The work they did, and that they are charging for is an alternative version of Mesa, with slightly different stats, just enough to be a superior version of the frame.

$105.

For a skin. With a buff.

Can anyone defend that without pretending the platinum actually matters?

Honestly you gotta see the prime accesses differently.

1) You pay for platinum with some extra goodies some exclusive, like glyphs and syandana's and armor. (the new helmet will be later available through in game playing mechanics)

2) donating to the devs

key note: its cheaper than buying plat without a discount.

edit: Also PA prices been the same all these years.
Not to mention the only things that wont drop from this pack:
a sugatara (a very slim part of the community uses that)
opperator cosmetics (who cares?)
mesa prime glyps

note the alt helmet will drop later on.

Edited by jmthebigman

7 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Can anyone defend that without pretending the platinum actually matters?

There is no pretending.  The plat definitely matters.  Its probably the best reason to buy the pack.  Undiscounted you get 1000 plat for 50$ USD.   With prime access you get 2625 for 80$.  That's a great deal.  I use the plat to buy the next 3 months of boosters I need till the next prime access.  Then theres enough left to get me all the forma and potatoes I may need for that time and then some.  I really dont understand your argument.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Once upon a time, I was an Overwatch player.

One Christmas event they released a skin for Ana, snow owl.

I really wanted that skin, and I hadn’t the credits to buy it outright, as they release new skins as 3x the cost of normal legendary skins.

Which is of course quite unfriendly to consumers.

I wanted the skin, and my only option was loot boxes.

Long story short, I ended up spending $50 on the Snow owl skin, and I was a little mad about it, but whatever. I got the new thing that I wanted.

Most people agree that loot boxes are predatory practices because of that and other reasons.

But now cut to DE, and they are suppose to be this shining example of what a developer can do without being ridden by a publisher...

If I wanted to purchase Mesa prime, my only option on the PSN is a $105 bundle, which people insist is worth it because of the platinum.

Platinum is already an option in the store.

”MESA PRIME ACCESS” shouldn’t be another option TO BUY PLATINUM.

The fact that that access pack is selling for that price on the PSN, is an insult to their own initiative, it sends a blatant message that this doesn’t work at all.

Because in the end, the consumers of Warframe are getting flogged more than ANY OTHER GAMING COMMUNITY.

But that's practically fake news for two reasons.

1) as others have tried to point out, that comes with a large amount of platinum.

2) you dont have to spend 105 dollars to get mesa. You can wait like 3 more days and buy her from another player for like 150 plat or farm her for free.

On 2018-12-18 at 9:56 PM, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I’m sorry that I haven’t been playing this game for 5 years, but yeah as a consumer I am allowed to say when I don’t think something is a good deal.

Edit, even if I changed my glyph I would still be angry about DE charging $105 for a skin.

Ayye I like this guy~.  I'm on his side. F Prime access and everything it represents.

The Console people in fact have it better. You can buy the prime accessories, get the booster, the accessories and plat. Then you plat the prime stuff.

PC doesn't have that extra luxury plat...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

All I can suggest in buying $20 worth of play and then using that plat to trade for her. Other than that I'm not sure how else to help you.

ad4ca7d872a68bafa32c9583332d793db6295816.gif

Then you have to worry about the cost of building all those prime parts. 

Then you have to wait 12 hrs for them to finish cooking. (you don't have to~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

And then you have to wait 72 hours to play warframe the way you wanted to 3-4 days ago. (you don't have to~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AcceI said:

ad4ca7d872a68bafa32c9583332d793db6295816.gif

Then you have to worry about the cost of building all those prime parts. 

Then you have to wait 12 hrs for them to finish cooking. (you don't have to~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

And then you have to wait 72 hours to play warframe the way you wanted to 3-4 days ago. (you don't have to~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

I mean... what did you expect?

You either pay for it or grind it up.

Can't have everything for free.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _xci_ said:

I mean... what did you expect?

You either pay for it or grind it up.

Can't have everything for free.

Time gates aren't grinds.  This is as black and white as it gets.

Wait or pay to have it now.  There's no middle ground(gray) here.

Anything else is just w/e but at least you can grind for it. ( But you don't have to~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

4 hours ago, Pitcher88 said:

So another crying post, great. 

Farm her out then instead of complaining on the forums, i doubt DE will lower the price just because of that.

My intention wasn’t to get the price lowered.

I would like another option to purchase Mesa, that isn’t inflated over $100 by an obscene amount of platinum.

If I wanted to buy platinum, there are like 6 options in the store already.

But it’s been repeated AGAIN, that the entire point of Mesa prime access was to buy discounted platinum.

If they want to sell discounted platinum, do that?

But if you’re going to call it “Mesa prime access” at lest make it prime function accessing Mesa, not another option to buy plat 😐

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ranger-_184 said:

I wonder if going forward they would consider making alt prime helmets available separately for a lower cost? They would still make real money off the helmets and people who aren't interested in the other prime access stuff would not have to pay for extra stuff they don't want.

All I want. More options.

What’s the point of having a bundle If you can’t even buy its contents separately if you wanted to?

A bundle is for people to save money if they want EVERYTHING.

People are saying the platinum in this pack is 50% discounted.

Which means the price of Mesa, Akjagara and Redeemer Prime is roughly $50.

^ I would’ve been perfectly happy with that.

Might have even had enough dosh left over to buy a little platinum from the platinum packs 😐

4 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

All I want. More options.

What’s the point of having a bundle If you can’t even buy its contents separately if you wanted to?

A bundle is for people to save money if they want EVERYTHING.

People are saying the platinum in this pack is 50% discounted.

Which means the price of Mesa, Akjagara and Redeemer Prime is roughly $50.

^ I would’ve been perfectly happy with that.

Might have even had enough dosh left over to buy a little platinum from the platinum packs 😐

Spend 50$ on platinum, then buy her on market. You wait 3.5 days but at least you have the prime and platinum left over.

10 minutes ago, Estellrie said:

Spend 50$ on platinum, then buy her on market. You wait 3.5 days but at least you have the prime and platinum left over.

I’m farming her. Got the systems really easy, getting the relics and the void traces is the hard part.

I knew farming her was always an option.

My anger came from the fact that the Dev stream got me hyped as hell to buy her pack when it came out.

No amount of hype is going to get me to spend the amount of money they asked for that pack though.

I would be hesitant to spend $105 to preorder an entire game, let alone an alternative version of a character I already bought and forma’d to hell and back.

• Like 1

Dipped back in to see how things were going. Still quite the mess I see.

While I still hold fast to my previously stated opinions I will say I agree that platinum should not be crowbar'd into the prime access packs. Or at the very least there should be an option to opt out of it thus making for a far more reasonable and palatable price tag. I would like to see more options in the future, hopefully before Ivara Prime comes out. I would love to buy her day one but if the prices remain the same then unfortunately I will be passing on that and simply farm her. 

Again I believe Digital Extremes are far and away from other publishers and developers who have long since tarnished their credibility and reputations. The cold hard truth of the matter is that in the time you took coming her in hopes of driving prices down you could have farmed all of Mesa Prime's piece and had her in the foundry cooking. With just a few vault runs you could have sold corrupted mods and rushed her all in the same session depending on your luck. Which adds weights to what a lot of people have been saying. The fact of the matter is the prime access options are simply there and are by no means a necessary buy. In fact I would dare say that it is a waste of money and anyone who does buy in either is daft or has too much money on hand. It is easy to farm everything.

I do hope you do not let this minor and in all honesty inconsequential event turn you away from what is a great game. 

Edited by Invellous

32 minutes ago, Invellous said:

Dipped back in to see how things were going. Still quite the mess I see.

While I still hold fast to my previously stated opinions I will say I agree that platinum should not be crowbar'd into the prime access packs. Or at the very least there should be an option to opt out of it thus making for a far more reasonable and palatable price tag. I would like to see more options in the future, hopefully before Ivara Prime comes out. I would love to buy her day one but if the prices remain the same then unfortunately I will be passing on that and simply farm her. 

Again I believe Digital Extremes are far and away from other publishers and developers who have long since tarnished their credibility and reputations. The cold hard truth of the matter is that in the time you took coming her in hopes of driving prices down you could have farmed all of Mesa Prime's piece and had her in the foundry cooking. With just a few vault runs you could have sold corrupted mods and rushed her all in the same session depending on your luck. Which adds weights to what a lot of people have been saying. The fact of the matter is the prime access options are simply there and are by no means a necessary buy. In fact I would dare say that it is a waste of money and anyone who does buy in either is daft or has too much money on hand. It is easy to farm everything.

I do hope you do not let this minor and in all honesty inconsequential event turn you away from what is a great game. 

I didn’t come here to drive the prices down, and I didn’t spend the past 48 hours sitting here doing nothing, I’ve been farming for Mesa.

I have the blueprint and the systems.

The last day I’ve opened several Z2s and H4s trying to finish it up, but I’ve had absolutely no luck.

Also, I dunno how things are on PC, but I’ve tried selling corrupted mods in trade chat and no ones interested.