Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Fighs, Amazingly Worse than Eidolons

Yuki-Chakara

Sadly DE seems to have learned nothing from how annoying the Eidolon fights are for players. When you are a tiny thing fighting a huge thing the idea is that you have to use mobility, concealment, cover, and hit and run tactics to try to take down the giant enemy. The giant enemies, as done well by other games such as Shadow of the Colossus and Dragon's Dogma is that while powerful and very durable, they have trouble hitting small highly mobile things. You have to dodge their potentially one hit kill attacks or use special abilities to try to minimize damage, or cover to block it for you. Maybe you have to look for and hit weak spots as their armor is just too great for normal attacks, or you have to use some big much more powerful weapon to actually harm it. Dodging and weaving through the enemy attacks that could kill you outright while trying to hit them where they are weakest.

So what did we get with the Eidolons and Orb fights...massive AOE attacks, homing attacks, instant one hit kill attacks we cant dodge and where our mobility and use of cover is absolutely pointless. Where they are bullet sponges who can instantly refill shields and have invulnerability phases, weak points that have inconsistent hit boxes, bugs that are still not fixed to where our abilities or special weapons cant be used, and with the recent Orb fights with rewards that pretty much spit in our face after all the trouble we had to go through with the bad mechanics and bugs. You took what could have been a fun fight against a massively more powerful foe to where we had to use our advantage of mobility and tactics to win and instead threw in every cheap enemy tactic possible that just dumbs the whole thing down and forces very specific builds to just get it over with as fast as possible. The same mechanics DE themself said they hated yet keep on using over and over again. Invulnerability phases, overly specific and inconsistent weakpoints, attacks that cant be dodged or blocked, and near constant knockdowns and knockbacks.

• Like 2

I also see no improvement over Dolon fights. Orb Heists were marketed and advertised as a team effort, where people should work together. Instead it is the same DPS race we already know from PoE. Perfect team composition and rooster of usefull Frames are the same: Trin for energy and protection, Harrow for buffs and protection, 2 DPS. There is no purpose to bring Banshee or Mag into the Heist.

• Like 1

En 19/12/2018 a las 16:21, Yuki-Chakara dijo:

Sadly DE seems to have learned nothing from how annoying the Eidolon fights are for players. When you are a tiny thing fighting a huge thing the idea is that you have to use mobility, concealment, cover, and hit and run tactics to try to take down the giant enemy. The giant enemies, as done well by other games such as Shadow of the Colossus and Dragon's Dogma is that while powerful and very durable, they have trouble hitting small highly mobile things. You have to dodge their potentially one hit kill attacks or use special abilities to try to minimize damage, or cover to block it for you. Maybe you have to look for and hit weak spots as their armor is just too great for normal attacks, or you have to use some big much more powerful weapon to actually harm it. Dodging and weaving through the enemy attacks that could kill you outright while trying to hit them where they are weakest.

So what did we get with the Eidolons and Orb fights...massive AOE attacks, homing attacks, instant one hit kill attacks we cant dodge and where our mobility and use of cover is absolutely pointless. Where they are bullet sponges who can instantly refill shields and have invulnerability phases, weak points that have inconsistent hit boxes, bugs that are still not fixed to where our abilities or special weapons cant be used, and with the recent Orb fights with rewards that pretty much spit in our face after all the trouble we had to go through with the bad mechanics and bugs. You took what could have been a fun fight against a massively more powerful foe to where we had to use our advantage of mobility and tactics to win and instead threw in every cheap enemy tactic possible that just dumbs the whole thing down and forces very specific builds to just get it over with as fast as possible. The same mechanics DE themself said they hated yet keep on using over and over again. Invulnerability phases, overly specific and inconsistent weakpoints, attacks that cant be dodged or blocked, and near constant knockdowns and knockbacks.

Agree, there is so much wasted potential in warframe's parkour system

Sadly true i guess...

While i dont particularly "hate" the fights, i still dont feel like i want to do them.

Am 19.12.2018 um 20:21 schrieb Yuki-Chakara:

So what did we get with the Eidolons and Orb fights...massive AOE attacks, homing attacks, instant one hit kill attacks we cant dodge and where our mobility and use of cover is absolutely pointless.

i think this is one of the most important points.

Going into operator-void-mode works to avoid those attacks, but does it feel like an accomplishment? i think no..

While i dont think Kela De Thaym is a perfect boss, it still can be an example for strong boss attacks that you can counter with movement.

You get an indicator on where the rockets will land, and you can dodge them.

Edited by DreisterDino

I think the most frustrating thing of the Orb fight is that there's a sliver of a good attack there with the shields. Yes, the knockdown is annoying, but they follow patterns from a visible point of origin. You can see them coming and weave between them.

I mean, you could weave between them if you weren't watching them pass overhead after being downed.

For such a large enemy, where is the wolf jumping upon its prey? I had have loved to see melee be able to take out a baddie (limb), then jump away to necessarily avoid being one shot.

The spider enjoys no option to tie down all limbs at once then attack. It’s not hard to run a standard d&d gig.. tank healer and two dps.