Jump to content

Custom warframe


Papa-Kilo
 Share

Recommended Posts

We've got the Zaw, we've got the kit gun. How about a custom warframe? Require different prime parts to get different abilities and a custom warframe blueprint to put them all together. Could even let the player chose appearance options and color patterns. Just a thought.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A frame with no personality or theme? No thanks.

It's not like you build Zaws from every melee weapon parts, same goes for Kitguns. Aren't our warframes custom already? You can choose between alt skins/helmets and change abilities with augments.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It could happen. You could have a modular Exalted Weapon together with a 1, 2, and 3 themed after the focus schools to get you a playstyle you like. Like a stealth healer taking powers from Naramon and Vazarin with an Exalted Coildrive. And code it so any combination of abilities has synergies with each other. Still I like it how it is.

Edited by (XB1)SirMilkfiend
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This would be enjoyable. Customization and variation are always a great addition~

I'm sure people would've said custom weapons would've been impossible too before Zaws and Kitguns came out. But with those and AMPs, I have faith that DE would be able to implement balanced and equally useful/enjoyable parts for custom Warframes.

Also, I would really like to give my Warframe a custom name, to match my other waifu-named items.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id be open to idea. I mean how were frames originally made anyways before being perfected?

 

Like the proto type excal skin? Getting 1-3 frames with being able to mod abilites/hp/Ep/armor etc would neat. 

 

I'd say that's some thing that's worthy of the next open world map which we already have grineer and corpus... Infested being possibly next that leaves open a ton of room for this idea.

 

The question though. Is how warframes came to be... and You'd basically be getting a frame of mixed options depending on how much they decide to have for customization. No theme.. unless they gave a general theme to the mod-able warframes and some sort of back story.

Like we could have some thing that looks completely infested or some thing like the excal proto skin or flat out some thing completely different. Dunno.

 

Like there's so much that could go into this. It's not even funny and it wouldn't even have to be in the new open world map fully considering that you could just go find old orokin labs for blueprints in the void or fortuna maybe even some sentient stuff from the plains..

 

But that also raises the questioni guess, okay what of Nidus and Revenant? We already have an Infested and sentient frame. So like if we were to built another full on one what would be different? Would that be okay depending on how they function? It dosent have to be this way but its kind of conflicting if it is.

 

Heck it could even be some thing like where we visit the relays again. make the other part of the station open and visit vendors for parts.

 

Like right there just mesh those two together get the frame body from the new open world then get like corpus parts, grineer parts etc make your own themed frame maybe there's a story to that where you end up taking an alliance.

Hell I'd be up for a nox or nullifier type frame lol sounds fun too me.

 

And to the OP's don't shoot this idea down yet if the community actually took the time out to make a thread and made a pill to go with it after some ideas are pinned we could actually get some thing very unique and fun to use and build while also not upsetting the balance of the other frames.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Papa-Kilo said:

Maybe they could discover an orokin ship still intact with the facilities to make warframes still on board along with some functioning machines that have the blueprints and schematics for the original warframes.

 

Some thing like that yeah. Possibilities are there. Just gotta see if they want the idea. And the community not freaking out over it screaming new meta or getting butt hurt lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no thanks, dont want a single, super meta frame, to take over. there would be no feeling to it. its just min-max. no skill. horrible fashion, bulls**t.
if you want to make something, ask for zanuka/hyena companions. (maybe make that cool and let you operator control the hyena companion for a short amount of time)

Edited by CrackCook
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CrackCook said:

no thanks, dont want a single, super meta frame, to take over. there would be no feeling to it. its just min-max. no skill. horrible fashion, bulls**t.
if you want to make something, ask for zanuka/hyena companions. (maybe make that cool and let you operator control the hyena companion for a short amount of time)

What would make it meta? Min maxing stats? It'll have to compete with the other 38 some frames to do that. 

What's your thought on the many different abilites available to come with it based on choices? There could be a lot skill involved if they would work on a custom warframe.

We don't know what it'll even look like. Can't argue about fashion being crap.

 

I like the hyena idea! sadly... I don't think it'll happen unless we get a frame to control one lol. *Hopes for vauban getting a pet*

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

What would make it meta? Min maxing stats? It'll have to compete with the other 38 some frames to do that. 

What's your thought on the many different abilites available to come with it based on choices? There could be a lot skill involved if they would work on a custom warframe.

Ok, well i guess it 'could maybe possibly have a chance at working' IF they didnt make it so you can choose from other frames powers... because that would instantly ruin it and be a meta frame. people would take the best of each 1,2,3,4 abilities from the current frames and have an overpowerd mess.
Its a huge maybe, but if they had a few options for each power, that are not powers used by other frames, if they balanced it well. it could be a thing. but thats a hell of alot of work for DE to get it right.

Edited by CrackCook
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, WHO CARES what other people do with their game time? If they want to make a cookie cutter and have the same "custom frame" as a bunch of other people then let them. If you don't want to do it then don't and have fun with whatever you want to do. Why complain about something a lot of people would have fun with because you're so terrified of someone having better marks than you in a pick up group?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CrackCook said:

Ok, well i guess it 'could maybe possibly have a chance at working' IF they didnt make it so you can choose from other frames powers... because that would instantly ruin it and be a meta frame. people would take the best of each 1,2,3,4 abilities from the current frames and have an overpowerd mess.
Its a huge maybe, but if they had a few options for each power, that are not powers used by other frames, if they balanced it well. it could be a thing. but thats a hell of alot of work for DE to get it right.

And I agree but if this is what they end up doing. It's gotta be balanced. Because yeah we don't know what they would do. They could simply make 123 apart of the part system then they make the 4th a certain combo of those. 

That's where if it became huge well.. community gotta voice their opinion.

 

4 minutes ago, Papa-Kilo said:

Again, WHO CARES what other people do with their game time? If they want to make a cookie cutter and have the same "custom frame" as a bunch of other people then let them. If you don't want to do it then don't and have fun with whatever you want to do. Why complain about something a lot of people would have fun with because you're so terrified of someone having better marks than you in a pick up group?

I kinda do to an extent. Being that if they made a custom frame that was way better than 80% of the other frames. They why go get anything else or play anything else? It's gotta be balanced some what 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Papa-Kilo said:

Again, WHO CARES what other people do with their game time? If they want to make a cookie cutter and have the same "custom frame" as a bunch of other people then let them. If you don't want to do it then don't and have fun with whatever you want to do. Why complain about something a lot of people would have fun with because you're so terrified of someone having better marks than you in a pick up group?

bro, if you dont like all feedback, dont make a feedback post in the first place. feedback forum = getting feedback from the community, dont assume everyone should have your opinion, and dont get annoyed and have a temper tantrum crying 'who cares' you ruined your own post with self entitlement 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Papa-Kilo said:

Again, WHO CARES what other people do with their game time? If they want to make a cookie cutter and have the same "custom frame" as a bunch of other people then let them. If you don't want to do it then don't and have fun with whatever you want to do. Why complain about something a lot of people would have fun with because you're so terrified of someone having better marks than you in a pick up group?

DE cares. They care about making sure something isn’t so incredible broken that it overshadows everything else in the game. It doesn’t matter what you would chose to do with it, you’re an outlier. You chose abilities that have zero practicality well that’s not what the rest of the community is. We like cool unique weapons but we also want there to actually be some power behind it, some effectivness. And nobodies gonna bother with abilities that aren’t effective.

What your asking for would be abused by the community to create an ultimate Warframe of destruction and DE would never let that happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE cares. They care about making sure something isn’t so incredible broken that it overshadows everything else in the game. It doesn’t matter what you would chose to do with it, you’re an outlier. You chose abilities that have zero practicality well that’s not what the rest of the community is. We like cool unique weapons but we also want there to actually be some power behind it, some effectivness. And nobodies gonna bother with abilities that aren’t effective.

What your asking for would be abused by the community to create an ultimate Warframe of destruction and DE would never let that happen.

Right, because there aren't already a few frames that overshadow the rest in power level. The frames are not balanced. That's why you almost never see certain frames while others are in a pick up group 75%+ of the time. Don't delude yourself into thinking DE is worried about balance. DE is constantly one upping themselves to keep players coming back. Mesa didn't need a Prime, but they gave her one so there was just a little more power behind a frame that could already kill anything (even large groups of anything) in a few seconds. Power creep is what keeps players paying for new gear.

A game like this needs customization, and meta gamers already pick the "best" frames and gear them exactly the same way every other meta gamer does. We're talking about a level of degree here, and if you're going to go, go all the way. I just want a truly custom frame to tailor to my specific play style. The same way I built several Zaws, and several kit guns.

And in fact, one of the best things about the Zaw, and the Kit Gun, is that you can buy them with plat, but you can't get a truly custom weapon without working to get it.

Edited by Papa-Kilo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Papa-Kilo said:

Right, because there aren't already a few frames that overshadow the rest in power level. The frames are not balanced. That's why you almost never see certain frames while others are in a pick up group 75%+ of the time. Don't delude yourself into thinking DE is worried about balance. DE is constantly one upping themselves to keep players coming back. Mesa didn't need a Prime, but they gave her one so there was just a little more power behind a frame that could already kill anything (even large groups of anything) in a few seconds. Power creep is what keeps players paying for new gear.

A game like this needs customization, and meta gamers already pick the "best" frames and gear them exactly the same way every other meta gamer does. We're talking about a level of degree here, and if you're going to go, go all the way. I just want a truly custom frame to tailor to my specific play style. The same way I built several Zaws, and several kit guns.

And in fact, one of the best things about the Zaw, and the Kit Gun, is that you can buy them with plat, but you can't get a truly custom weapon without working to get it.

As a Nidus main I am aware not all frames are created equal. But at least DE tries to improve the frames that have fallen out of use. 

Every frame gets a prime, regardless of their power.

 We have 37 frames to chose from. If you can’t narrow down which one has your preferred playstyle then you’re just being picky.

I don’t see how buying kit guns vs building them factors into this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...