Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk feedback

RS219

A really tanky warframe which is surprising because of his very low health, but could use some polish ability-wise:

Elude: Can this ability also give immunity to ground slams commonly done by heavy gunners and bombards? This is considering the CC immunity it already gives against the widely-hated ancient and scorpion grapple shots. Only other consideration is to either keep it channeled or set it on a duration-based timer.

Lull: Please remove line of sight requirement. This restriction hinders its usefulness in stealth missions as well as overlooking enemies who have yet to turn around the corner.

Desolate Hands: Probably the ability that needs further tweaking the most:

1)Please make this ability only attack alerted (fully red minimap arrow) enemies. This ability seeks unalerted enemies through walls, requires no line of sight and consequently breaks stealth gameplay. That, or make it deal no damage so it won't alert enemies even as it continues to disarm (considering Loki's radial disarm doesn't alert enemies...).

2) My other major complaint about this ability is that it is far less useful against infested enemies: it seeks out chargers and runners and crawlers, stuns them for a second before they continue to attack. There's nothing to disarm from them, though it does help charge the bar for the ult.

3) Please distribute the energy cost between each dagger summoned once it gets low enough, it's a bit vexing to pay the full energy cost just to replenish 4/8 daggers.

4) Newly cast daggers will continue to seek out enemies already previously disarmed which continues to whittle their count away quite unnecessarily versus large groups while said enemies merely repeat the disarmed animation before resuming melee attacks. Can this be disabled?

Serene Storm: Can this ability be made to restore restraint only when it actually hits an enemy? Really makes it feel alot more restrictive to test out or to break crates with. Another complaint is how this ability is severely neutered by Ancient Disruptors where other exalted weapons continue to work just fine.

I'm really not sure about all the passives and damage reductions tbh considering Baruuk so little health it won't really help him that much.

Edited by RS219

27 minutes ago, RS219 said:

I'm really not sure about all the passives and damage reductions tbh considering Baruuk so little health it won't really help him that much.

Just to inform, evidently his passive offers 50% DR when filled completely. You can achieve 90% max with his 3 and his 4 can achieve around 40%. Add on Adaptation and, despite his low health pool, he can survive quite well.

8 minutes ago, R34LM said:

Just to inform, evidently his passive offers 50% DR when filled completely. You can achieve 90% max with his 3 and his 4 can achieve around 40%. Add on Adaptation and, despite his low health pool, he can survive quite well.

Yeah, I just tested it out against a level 160 heavy gunner (disarmed); her melee attacks that normally 1shot most frames is shrugged off by Baruuk at 90%+50%DR. The low health is quite a deceptively high EHP for Baruuk, and as a side bonus it means Healing Return effectively heals him way faster for much less, which is especially great when paired with Cobra and Crane (high status, high attack speed, very long reach).

15 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Yeah, I just tested it out against a level 160 heavy gunner (disarmed); her melee attacks that normally 1shot most frames is shrugged off by Baruuk at 90%+50%DR. The low health is quite a deceptively high EHP for Baruuk, and as a side bonus it means Healing Return effectively heals him way faster for much less, which is especially great when paired with Cobra and Crane (high status, high attack speed, very long reach).

An even better test of strength would be to plant him in front of a Corpus Tech. I can only get my sims up to 130, but even then he was holding his own quite well.

The changes I'd make to Desolate Hands are the following:

1. Default per-dagger damage reduction reduced to 5%
  2. Number of daggers scales with ability duration
  3. Recasting causes excess daggers to seek use
  4. Only enemies that are attacking get disarmed

This means that strength/duration, strength/range and range/duration are all viable builds for different applications of the ability. Importantly, both strength and duration improve the output on Desolate Hands in all respects about evenly, so mixing the two gets you a huge amount of Desolate Hands value. The big catch, however, is that you have all the scores contributing to defensive value now. Range increases how wide "in front" is for Elude, Strength makes each Desolate Hands dagger more valuable and Duration gives you longer Elude time and more daggers.

The reason for cutting the per-dagger reduction in half is that you get two scaling values, so getting the 90% is trivial, and going for it also gives you a reliable damage tool that doesn't break Elude... Which will last for a rather long time, as well.

9 hours ago, Banelingline said:

The changes I'd make to Desolate Hands are the following:

1. Default per-dagger damage reduction reduced to 5%
  2. Number of daggers scales with ability duration
  3. Recasting causes excess daggers to seek use
  4. Only enemies that are attacking get disarmed

This means that strength/duration, strength/range and range/duration are all viable builds for different applications of the ability. Importantly, both strength and duration improve the output on Desolate Hands in all respects about evenly, so mixing the two gets you a huge amount of Desolate Hands value. The big catch, however, is that you have all the scores contributing to defensive value now. Range increases how wide "in front" is for Elude, Strength makes each Desolate Hands dagger more valuable and Duration gives you longer Elude time and more daggers.

The reason for cutting the per-dagger reduction in half is that you get two scaling values, so getting the 90% is trivial, and going for it also gives you a reliable damage tool that doesn't break Elude... Which will last for a rather long time, as well.

1) Remove damage from daggers outright. Even 1hp of damage will alert an enemy, and Loki's radial disarm doesn't damage enemies (Wikia says it CAN damage certain enemies but I have no idea who the exceptions are).

2) Seems consistent enough that dagger count scales with power strength. It's the same with Nova's 1 and Revenant's mesmer skin, among others.

3) And if no enemies are around that's a waste of a cast. I prefer my idea of energy cost being split between number of daggers so that recasting 3 with several active daggers costs less.

4) That is an idea I explored above, that daggers won't disarm unless enemies are alerted and attacking. So if they're still doing alerting damage, they'll at least only do it once the enemy is alerted.

Edited by RS219

4 hours ago, RS219 said:

1) Remove damage from daggers outright. Even 1hp of damage will alert an enemy, and Loki's radial disarm doesn't damage enemies (Wikia says it CAN damage certain enemies but I have no idea who the exceptions are).

This is covered by my fourth suggestion, which makes them only  go after enemies that are actively attacking. In other words, it only goes for enemies that are already alerted. The clause you seem to be criticizing is literally cutting the damage reduction because of multiple scaling factors permitting the 90% fairly easily anyways.

4 hours ago, RS219 said:

2) Seems consistent enough that dagger count scales with power strength. It's the same with Nova's 1 and Revenant's mesmer skin, among others.

Yes, well, as it is, there's too much focus on power strength. Personally, I'd have the switch to Duration for charge-based things be a general truth of the game, just because there's too little reason to grab Duration unless you have a Channel or something that you genuinely want to last a long time per-cast.

4 hours ago, RS219 said:

3) And if no enemies are around that's a waste of a cast. I prefer my idea of energy cost being split between number of daggers so that recasting 3 with several active daggers costs less.

Then you just don't cast it without enemies or allies around. "Use", in this case, does include the ally share, and this would be prioritized before enemies. Having the cost stay constant makes it so you aren't just spamming Desolate Hands every time even one dagger is missing until a full set sticks, it makes the 90% reduction less of a problem as a result of making it harder to hold on to.

4 hours ago, RS219 said:

4) That is an idea I explored above, that daggers won't disarm unless enemies are alerted and attacking. So if they're still doing alerting damage, they'll at least only do it once the enemy is alerted.

Well, having access to some kind of damage output without needing to compromise your 50% Restraint reduction. Which is the main reason I want the Desolate Hands 90% to be difficult to maintain at all times, because Baruuk is otherwise wildly overscaled for durability thanks to 95% reduction before armor and an utterly insane Energy pool. Especially if you're using a semi-auto weapon or ranged charge weapon, which lets Elude be active mid combat as you shoot because you have gaps to let Elude re-activate (that gap is only a fifth of a second, so just about every charged gun and semi-auto in the game lets you attack with Elude active)

19 hours ago, RS219 said:

Lull: Please remove line of sight requirement. This restriction hinders its usefulness in stealth missions as well as overlooking enemies who have yet to turn around the corner.

This single ability ruins the entirety of Baruuk for me, the only ability he has that seemed interesting was an alternative to the sleepquinox meta on adaro, except that the LOS makes it absolutely unusable when compounded with not being able to recast until the slow down timer ends.

I don't care if DE doesn't like adaro or people actually using the stealth kill mechanic, them stunting a warframes potential for narrow minded reasons like this are why the past few frames have all been boring