Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Dera Worth Formaing?

TehZander2

Is The Dera Worth Formaing?
I just recently made the Dera and I know that most of the End Game Dera builds use about 4 Forma. But I heard that the Dera is mainly a "Corpus Killer" and I'm looking for more of an all-round type of weapon. Since I get most of my Forma from voids, I don't want to go and waste it all. Opinions on if the Dera truly is just a Corpus Killer or if It can be used as an all-round End Game weapon would be appreciated. 

Also, I just wanted to get some opinions to see if I should Forma (or even potato) the Dera, or if I should just use it for the mastery then let it collect dust and use something like the Strun Wraith for example. Feel free to post screenshots of your builds!

Look, the most important thing would be to forma the Dera if YOU personally like it. If you don't, do not Forma it simple.

I, personally, love the Dera. Well-modded, potato'd, and it shreds through all factions like butter (Forma'd once). Just depends on how you build it.

Braton Prime is also a good alt to Dera and good all-around.

Flux is a given OP All Around Weapon. No argument there tbh.

Edited by AbsolutionZero

Honestly, I'd say it's up to you. I know that isn't very helpful, but ask yourself, do you have anything you want to forma/potato instead?

You may want to wait till Friday, to see what they throw at us.

Got to say, I am a big fan of the Dera though. Mines had a potato and a forma, and it'll probably add another forma, because why not. 

It's not bad vs corpus and infested but be sure to aim the weak spots for corpus tech and ancients. 

Dera is very fun and the underdog of all the dojo weapons. If you love aiming or hitting 100% accurately, USE IT!... and if u use Volt's electric shield, you will love the hitscan effect.

Dera is one of my favorite Primary weapons. i have spent a few Forma on it. i enjoy using it at all times. i could reload it forever and not get bored, and it's also very Tactile for me.

does it kill the fastest? no. do i care? no. 

but it's your decision. just remember to ignore all the people that say no and point to Flux, Acrid, Ogris, or something else that's not relevant to an opinion discussion.

on a side note, it's somewhat subpar effectiveness against Grineer can be countered for up to ~lv80 Grineer if you use a Grineer Smite card. that 30% combats armor pretty reasonably.

and for Corpus, if you have even just 15% bonus elec damage, Dera will wreck Corpus. it's pretty effective even without, but with...

Infested having just health and generally little in the way of resistances, get destroyed by Dera pretty quickly, because it's an Assault Rifle style weapon, meaning DPS is generally very high, and it's still effective against larger groups. against Ancients, if you shoot weakpoints it should do alright if you have fire damage. though ~lv80 ancients are going to take most of an entire magazine to kill it. 

do remember, U10 will certainly make Dera more effective.

puncture is working on dera now?

puncture works on everything now, i hear. i haven't gotten around to testing bolt weapons yet though. every other type, i have and, yes.

Edited by taiiat

Yes but for supra, lanka and dera it's bugged when used with volt shield. You get the normal hitscan effect but your normal bullets penetrate the shield meaning you shoot 2 or 4 projectiles per 1 shot.

ssshhhhht

Edited by Althix

It does reduced damage to both Grineer and light infested - Think against the starting chargers in Xini, it was hitting for 14 damage unmodded, when it's base damage is 22. The only advantage of laser damage is it can hit Corpus heads without puncture, but Corpus already go down really easily by just shooting them in the body. Techs aren't as common as heavy grineer and they have lower HP/defense.

Honestly even the standard Braton is probably a better weapon - Hit scan triumphs non hit scan even with Dera's no recoil. I still want to like it because its a laser gun though.

It does reduced damage to both Grineer and light infested - Think against the starting chargers in Xini, it was hitting for 14 damage unmodded, when it's base damage is 22. The only advantage of laser damage is it can hit Corpus heads without puncture, but Corpus already go down really easily by just shooting them in the body. Techs aren't as common as heavy grineer and they have lower HP/defense.

Honestly even the standard Braton is probably a better weapon - Hit scan triumphs non hit scan even with Dera's no recoil. I still want to like it because its a laser gun though.

This pretty much sums it up. The Dera looks nice, but even after getting buffed a few times (used to do 7 damage a shot with 1/4 projectile speed), its just a crappier Braton that can shoot Corpus heads.