Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we talk about the Toroid drop chance

(XBOX)xBLADEPANTHERx

Welcome to Warframe, the game where you have to adapt to the circumstances. Or gtfo and find another game.

There's something people need (and should, at this point) to understand about Warframe, this isn't your typical mmorpg where you pick your character and stick to it, there is no main in Warframe, there are characters, each with a unique (sort of) set of skills, some for farming, some for support, some for clearing out maps, also, this is a co-op game, not a single player (solo) game, get in a clan if you're having difficulties, people will offer to help, even randoms on Recruit Chat.

As someone who has been Wukonging the first year I've played this game, I've learned my lesson well. Adapt. Find/host a squad with the required warframes for whatever needs.

Edited by ZarTham

Drop chance boosters double the chance, and with them being only 1.1%, then doubling to a whopping 2.2%, is there even a point to using a drop chance booster? I don't see a point at all spending the plat just to get another 1.1%. Why can't the drop chance booster have a rule where when used, it will double the chance but if that doubling doesn't at least reach 5%, then that would be the minimum. Always at least 5%. Is that asking too much? It's still pretty low but it's not 2.2%, a bit of a joke when paying for it.  

• 2 years later...
On 2018-12-29 at 7:28 AM, DavidCurser said:

i know what you mean. on this point, Toroids could just as well not exist at all.

I think worst is the drop table of the Vox Solaris Missions, the Profit Taker. It drops tooo muuuch shiiiiit and never the right stuff. Instead of the chance to get any toroid, the bounties only drop one. maybe. in a year.

ATMO SYSTEM are even worse. you cant even get those with Nekros in the map. you HAVE to rely on the PT-droptable.

this-is-insane-banner.png

this game is grindy i get it, but thats too much. DE needs to change the Vox Solaris droptable or they will lose players. I promise.

or just add more enemy, i rarely get enemy in vox solaris

On the one hand, it's good that people are using search on the forums.

On the other hand, there have been a lot of 2 year old threads being resurrected recently.

For anyone reading the OP who is new to Vallis, don't search caves for toroids. Go to one of the 3 bases, piss off the Corpus to a maximum alert level and leave the alert poles alone. Kill the swarms of enemies. If you need Calda from the Enrichment labs and have done Profit taker, redo the 2nd mission to steal the scheme or whatever from there and stay at the base at the end instead of escaping back to Fortuna.

Personally I find caves a waste of time I go straight to the areas enemies can drop them max out the reinforcement beacon alarm and murder for 30 to 40 mins. I walk away with ~10 toroids most of the time without boosters. 

I am using a fairly specialized build but I do it all solo and the only loot farming ability I use is the chesa Kubrow mini desecrate. Because of all the nullifier and scramba/comba that spawn later it's a no power use build and very focused on survival. As long as you take out turrets as quickly as they spawn you pretty much can't die while punching things. 

Using this I farmed enough toroids for every single item that requires them with pretty low effort. 

I do think the drop chance could be a touch more generous though, even I have hit the odd dry spell where only 1 or 2 drop. Anyway if you are interested in the farming build let me know and I'll share it. 

Edited by Drasiel
Autocorrect why

Don't pay attention to the people that come in to literally every complaint thread to dump on the OP.  You'll get used to seeing their names.  

However, it's not that the toroid drop chance is bad.  It's that spawn sucks.  Without a farm frame and without a DC booster and without a Smeeta, go do one of these two things: (and not to say you can't do them, just that the drop rate is fine without them assuming decent spawn.  It will obviously be better the more you do.  I always run a resource doubler.) 

First phase of the Exploiter fight, ignore exploiter, kill the Mites.  They'll drop a Vega toroid every couple of minutes.  High spawn rate, high kill rate, more drop chances.

Start Profit Taker Bounty 2, get to the point where you kill the Ambulas, kill them, don't pick up the data mass, let the alert level get high and don't destroy the beacons.  Unlike farming toroids outside of a mission where spawn will die off and you'll be left sitting with a full alert level with no enemies long enough to type out a whole rant (been there.) enemies will NOT stop spawning in front of the Enrichment labs and they will drop Calda toroids frequently.  If spawn was like this at full alert when you weren't in a mission then no one would complain about toroid drops.  When you have what you want, grab the data mass and leave like normal.

I do not have a strat for Sola toroids and they are a massive pain in the ass to farm, and since I don't need them anymore, I never will again.  

The screwed up spawn rate of enemies is the entire issue with toroid farming.  I've been in a full squad at full alert with zero enemies spawning.  Slog through the Sola farm and never look back.

And on the spawn mechanics: they are the cause of nearly every issue associated with open world bounties aside from hard bugs, and one of the main issues behind any issues with life support in survival as well as reactant issues in fissures.  DE need to fix spawns across the board.

People will defend their drug dealer to the death.

Anyway yeah Toroids are a nightmare to farm and are the sole reason I avoid building anything to do with them.  The few times i needed some i lost a day or 2 to get them.
Your suggestions about the caves having a 100% sure specific number show up each time you make a room would fix it, you go to the caves you farm it like you do with ORE or Fish.