Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trades are outdated

(PSN)Revak29

Trades are outdated

Let’s face it; the trade UI and the trade chat are inefficient in making trades. Trades have been buggy for years, and the trade chat is just a mess. 

Reasons why the current trade chat is inefficient:

• Only having real time offers make it so we can only find a minimal amount of sellers
  • The chat filter function only searches for a single word, so you can’t decide you only want to see, say all rubico rivens for sale. The easiest thing to do is either to say wtb rubico riven, which could easily be lost in the flood of every other offer, or you could filter the term “rubico.” Now you’ll get all offers for a rubico riven, as well as all the rubico primes, everyone that wants to buy a rubico prime or rubico riven, etc. The point is that the filter function doesn’t do a good job of filtering. 
  • You will rarely see anything you wouldn’t think to buy. Say you’ve decided you want to buy vaulted relics from somebody for 5p a piece. Since people generally wont look for vaulted relics, they're not a hot item, so people don't bother putting them up or they get lost in the flood of offers. Same thing for specific vaulted parts.You can’t just search through old offers to find them, so you just can’t. It makes it just as hard to sell parts individually. 
  • You have a hard time of knowing the going price of items, bc you could very easily just be seeing one seller at a given point. 
  • The process of inviting a player to your squad and going to a dojo to start a trade adds a bunch of tedious steps that can easily get glitchy. I’d say about 60% of my trades have gone without any kind of glitch or bug that postponed the trade. 
  • People seek 3rd party websites like warframe market to make things easier, but that adds a whole slew of new problems.
  • It takes so long to make a sale, I’m spending 2 hours and getting like 1-2 sales tops instead of playing the actual game. I don’t want to bother with a long, tedious trade process when I could be doing something fun instead. 

Now I’ll talk about warframe market because whenever I bring up these problems, people tell me to use warframe market for a more user friendly experience. Now here’s why 3rd party trade websites like warframe market are still inefficient:

• Half the offers up are from inactive players that will never respond to you
  • You still need to work through conflicting schedules
  • By the time you get somebody asking about your offer, you may not have enough plat or no longer have the item for sale. 
  • Rivens are impossible to sell on warframe market and difficult to sell elsewhere. 
  • There’s a lack of people that actually use it. I put up about 8 offers (popular items too) at just below the average prices and only received 1 response in 2 months.
  • The message notifications sometimes don’t go through and you end up reading it weeks after somebody sends a message. By this time they may have already sold the item or run out of plat. 
  • I shouldn’t have to use a 3rd party trade system to get a user friendly experience

Now here’s my suggestions for an integrated website:

• You have a website that can be accessed through an app, mobile site, pc, and also in the game
  • You put up one of your items for sale, auction, or place a plat offer to buy an item. This takes the item or plat out of your inventory (still holds an inventory slot until sold if applicable) and keeps it from being used until sold. This can include an entire set as one item. 
  • When the Item is sold, you receive the plat in your inbox and the buyer receives the item(s) in their inbox.
  • Auctions last for 6 hours after the previous offer has been made and once it ends the plat/items go to the inbox they need to. 
  • Each transaction and purchase is catalogued so a player knows when to apply for a ticket with DE if something goes wrong. Where any bit of plat goes is tracked and if an item or plat appear to be inexplicably missing the ticket goes through. 
  • There is a limit to what you can put up for sale or buy based on your MR rank like in the current system
  • You can search for specific items or see what has recently been added
  • You can filter rivens by price, rank, MR rank, weapon, positive stat types, negative stat types, polarity, wtb/wts/wtt, possibly disposition, or a combination of those
  • You can filter weapons by title (telos, prime, vandal, etc.), name, alphabetically, possibly disposition
  • Items or offers can stay up permanently or by some kind of timer put in place by players or depending on the type of item. If it’s something small like radian senturium or relics, make it permanent. If it’s something big like a warframe or a weapon, take it down after like 2 days (unless it is an auctioned item) so the price still fluctuates a little. 
  • Allow people to trade with specific players or randoms while in the orbiter or through the website. 
  • You can still leave the trade chat and maroo’s bazaar up for a sole few to wallow in 

I understand that some people will say, “warframe market is fine and the current trade system is fine. It’s a free game, don’t complain about it. If you invested money in this game, it’s your own fault. Warframe doesn’t have to improve its faults,” but like warframe only gets better and improves from feedback. The current trading system is not at all user friendly, so that is something DE should work on if there’s time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Problem is DE gave us the trade option but doesn't want to improve it because they don't want us to use said trade option, if that makes any sense. I hope someday I'll be able to just type my list of wants and sales somewhere and never look at that cluster* of a trade chat every five minutes though

But isn't it more profitable for them if people are buying tons of plat for trades? Isn't that incentive to have decent trade UI? Do I just not understand the economics of it? I kinda assumed there were big buyers that bought plat all the time and dispersed it into the community by buying primes and stuff. Then it eventually gets spent on skins and slots, leaving circulation. One buyer can only buy so many things with plat without the trade system. I kinda thought it was a way they use to make it so they can profit off of big spenders while keeping the game viable to play free for other players. The trade is one of the best things they had going for them, I thought.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

But isn't it more profitable for them if people are buying tons of plat for trades?

no, it's more profitable when people spend that plat in the market. trades don't drain plat from circulation, just move it around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

no, it's more profitable when people spend that plat in the market. trades don't drain plat from circulation, just move it around.

Is that really more profitable if there's a very limited amount of things worth buying in the market? Wouldn't plat get spent in the market faster if dispersed throughout the community rather than waiting for just a few people to get every single thing they feel is worth the plat? I haven't seen the market research on it, but I would think spreading it thin for more people to buy from would be more profitable than relying on a small group of players to keep buying trash from the market. DE Is also a pretty ethical company that generally wouldn't do us dirty by closing non-cosmetic content behind paywalls. 

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

The chat filter function only searches for a single word, so you can’t decide you only want to see, say all rubico rivens for sale. The easiest thing to do is either to say wtb rubico riven, which could easily be lost in the flood of every other offer, or you could filter the term “rubico.” Now you’ll get all offers for a rubico riven, as well as all the rubico primes, everyone that wants to buy a rubico prime or rubico riven, etc. The point is that the filter function doesn’t do a good job of filtering. 

Maybe you are just bad at sertting up filters. You can filter for Rubico, NOT prime, NOT WTB. You get exactly the result you want most of the times, if you use the filter correctly.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

Only having real time offers make it so we can only find a minimal amount of sellers

The intent here is to make trading time consuming, to keep prices higher.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

You have a hard time of knowing the going price of items, bc you could very easily just be seeing one seller at a given point.

That is natural, you cannot know the exact price of an item in a fluctuating system at every point in time, but you can use third party sites to get a feeling, or just spend a lot of time in trade chat to get familiar with prices, or just ask people. 

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

The process of inviting a player to your squad and going to a dojo to start a trade adds a bunch of tedious steps that can easily get glitchy. I’d say about 60% of my trades have gone without any kind of glitch or bug that postponed the trade. 

It adds one step that fails sometimes and that is the other player entering your dojo and a failure rate of 40% seems really unrealistic.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

It takes so long to make a sale, I’m spending 2 hours and getting like 1-2 sales tops instead of playing the actual game. I don’t want to bother with a long, tedious trade process when I could be doing something fun instead. 

The time it takes to sell something depends on your price, if you sell for lower prices you find more buyers and if you spend less time on selling you can spend more time on acquiring goods to sell

3rd Party Sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

By the time you get somebody asking about your offer, you may not have enough plat or no longer have the item for sale.

Then you are misusing the tool, don't ask for things you can't afford and don't offer things you don't own. Just set the items to inactive or delete your offer.

Rivens are impossible to sell on warframe market and difficult to sell elsewhere.

Riven.market.

There’s a lack of people that actually use it. I put up about 8 offers (popular items too) at just below the average prices and only received 1 response in 2 months.

You are either very inactive, or misjudge which items are popular. In my experience it takes no longer than an hour to sell popular items, like blood rush or similar mods. I once sold 20 blood rush in a day.

Me: the trade UI is so inefficient. It could be so much more user-friendly.

K4RN4, an intellectual: actually, my convoluted means of selling things work even if they make things so much harder than they need to be.

Like excuse me but the gist of what I'm hearing from you is "git gud scrub" when I'm saying a function of the game, not even real content, could be done so it's easier and makes the game better. There's no reason the in-game trade UI should be so bad you need to use a 3rd party website to trade things. 

Well, for one it's not better because DE doesn't want a way for players to make plat offline, and it's also a way to help keep prices of certain items high. Auction houses normally just end up as undercut fests, which drive the prices of everything down.

There's also been a statement by DE that they will not create an auction house.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:
  • You put up one of your items for sale, auction, or place a plat offer to buy an item.

Clarification is needed here. Are you suggesting that only 1 item can be placed at a time? If so, this change is barely useful as people typically have a ton of things they don't mind selling. Assuming you don't mean that, in other words, people can set any amount of items to sell, your suggestion is similar to an auction house, and I can kinda see why DE doesn't want that.

For simplicity, lets exclude rivens from the following discussion (due to their unique nature) and items that are not longer obtainable in a reliable manner (primed chamber, arcane helmets) [note that vaulted primes do not count since they will be obtainable in the future, or even through the usage of vaulted prime relics that are stocked up]

By allowing people to directly sell their stuff while inactive, the supply of basically anything, be it mods or arcane, prime parts, will increase dramatically, a large increase in supply that isn't matched with an equivalently large increase in demand will cause prices to drop significantly, and there is no reason to believe the implementation of your system will increase demand by a significant margin. This is very likely going to decrease plat sales as everything becomes cheaper and players have less of a need to purchase plats.

By the time you get somebody asking about your offer, you may not have enough plat or no longer have the item for sale. 

Then I blame you. I mean...do you go shopping with an empty wallet? No! So delete your offers or set them to invisible. You were complaining some sentences above about inactive/lazy people but are #1 yourself smh

There’s a lack of people that actually use it. I put up about 8 offers (popular items too) at just below the average prices and only received 1 response in 2 months.

Then you are doing something wrong my friend...very wrong. I get like 40 offers. Per Hour. So I even have to turn down most of my "cusomers" (which I complained about a lot in the forums --> max trades per day).

You put up one of your items for sale, auction,

Stopped right here. Another Auction house thread. Use the search function

Clickbait title then.

Shame on you! Yuck!

Next time please use an indicative and clear title.

Kthxbye

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

Me: the trade UI is so inefficient. It could be so much more user-friendly.

K4RN4, an intellectual: actually, my convoluted means of selling things work even if they make things so much harder than they need to be.

You: These are the reasons the trade system should be changed:.....

Me: Some of these reasons are not sound or not understandable because.....

Like excuse me but the gist of what I'm hearing from you is "git gud scrub"

I wouldn't say that was the gist of all the points, but you seem to misuse the chat filter as well as warframe market, so yeah those are clearly points where you should "git gud".

[Trading,] a function of the game, not even real content

Where do you draw the line between real content and just functions of the game? What makes Fishing content and trading not? To me trading is a significant part of the game, as I spend quite some time in trade chat and most of the times even enjoy it.

[Trading] could be done so it's easier and makes the game better.

1. When trading requires less active time, players will have more time to acquire items they want to sell, so supply increases without an equivalent increase in demand.

2. The minimum threshold for prices, at least for me, would drop, meaning that I wouldn't be too lazy to sell things for below 5 plat, because atm if a trade offers less than 5 plat, it's just not worth my time. With an easier system I would just put all the things I want to sell in there, leading to undercutting with other players with similar philosophies, leading to prices dropping to 1 plat.

• Like 1