Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Countdown Timer To Get To Exit

0Pinger

At times its near impossible to get to the exit before the timer runs out so loosing any mission xp/credit reward if 2 rushers get there first.

Just had that with the excally helm alert mobile defence and again selfish rushers leave 2 behind, resulting in no xp or credit rewards.  60 seconds simply isn't enough in a mission full of Ancients on the normal tilesets let alone on Europa.

What about the afkers? Leechers?? I actually like the mission timer the way it is right now, I've played with quite a few afkers and extending that time has it's benefits and loses. Well this is just my opinion as I haven't been in the situation where you're at atm.

I always get credit/xp/mods/resources/etc. even if I don't make it to extraction on time. That said, the 1 minute mark is a good balance between catching up to rushers and waiting for people who have bugged out of the map or something (DE, if you fixed those bugs that wouldn't be a problem!)

Honestly, I hate rushers. I love playing through a mission breaking open crates and killing every last enemy I can find. But at the same time, I have to disagree with wanting the mission end timer to be increased. Sometimes you get rushers. There isn't anything you can do about it. That's why extermination is one of my favorite mission types. Can't finish till every enemy is dead. 

[size=5]Find a clan that matches your playstyle and play with them.[/size]

Edited by KingKeif

Honestly, I hate rushers. I love playing through a mission breaking open crates and killing every last enemy I can find. But at the same time, I have to disagree with wanting the mission end timer to be increased. Sometimes you get rushers. There isn't anything you can do about it. That's why extermination is one of my favorite mission types. Can't finish till every enemy is dead. 

Find a clan that matches your playstyle and play with them.

I find that Extermination mission best coz you cant get another mission in that you only need just to kill them.

About that rushers, when you got one hardcore rusher just rush with him and after leave the session.

The problem might be that those rushers were using some fast warframe with 1.2 base sprint speed and maxed Rush module while he was using something like Rhino with Thrak and no Rush at all. So rushers are just durn selfish dolts. Even if I myself am using something quickfooted, I always stop and wait for those who cannot keep up ;p

Another problem is that rushers almost always leave a horde of enemies behind, causing major problems for not so fast teammates. And then they stand on the extraction point and "gogogo" "hurry-up" and all that.

Would be nice to add some option to prematurely leave the mission if you have reached the extraction, something like "TAKE-ME-OUT-OF-HERE-CANT-WAIT!!11one" terminal.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

What are you doing with yourself that you end up more then a full minute behind your squad?

I get it if its like one other dude cutting through the whole level ahead of everyone. People don't like that.

But in this case it would seem that you're just having issues because you're doing the opposite - straggling far enough behind that your squad can actually extract without you.

I actually only see this kind of thing very rarely. It isn't that difficult to keep the pace up enough to reach extraction with your team - even if you are stopping to pick up items all the time.

And thus:

Spread throughout the map there could be "checkpoints" or "teleport-stations", if a teammember reaches one of these points he/she could activate it (by standing there, or possibly hitting X). When the player who is falling behind reaches another checkpoint/tp-station he or she could choose to teleport to the other, further ahead player (or that player could tp back to help out). At the Exit there would also be a checkpoint/tp-station that activated when 2 people (50% of team) had reached it.

The problem might be that those rushers were using some fast warframe with 1.2 base sprint speed and maxed Rush module while he was using something like Rhino with Thrak and no Rush at all. 

For the record, when I see anyone using a Thrak helmet, I basically write them off completely and don't worry about them even a little bit. If they were decided to equip that awful helm then you can bet they don't have all the power mods they need either. They probably have their whole inventory full of total junk like steel fiber, fast deflection, and vitality.

At times its near impossible to get to the exit before the timer runs out so loosing any mission xp/credit reward if 2 rushers get there first.

Just had that with the excally helm alert mobile defence and again selfish rushers leave 2 behind, resulting in no xp or credit rewards.  60 seconds simply isn't enough in a mission full of Ancients on the normal tilesets let alone on Europa.

Do or do not... there is no try. 

Bottom Line: If you are playing with a group, try to stick together.  If you want to go at a completely slow pace, find other people like that, friend them and do it or go solo.  Otherwise most people will be hulling butt through these areas because they have played the same board 50+ times...

Worest bit is missing the timer by all of 3-5 seconds, because the waypoint marker screwes up.

The argument could be made that half of the team set the pace, and you failed to keep up. If your game mode was set to online then that's your fault.

Well the issue is you only need 2 people to trigger the extraction so what if you have a group of 2 explorers/slow frames and 2 rushers/fast frames.  Who then realy is the half thats setting the pace?

Edited by Loswaith

For the record, when I see anyone using a Thrak helmet, I basically write them off completely and don't worry about them even a little bit. If they were decided to equip that awful helm then you can bet they don't have all the power mods they need either. They probably have their whole inventory full of total junk like steel fiber, fast deflection, and vitality.

Actually, I have a Rhino with Thrak helmet, 80% steel fiber, 320% HP, 320% shields, and a few other POWER mods, armed with overcharged and multishoted hek, hate, and other nice things and I like it as a tank, and not some lightweight turbo bolide.

Well the issue is you only need 2 people to trigger the extraction so what if you have a group of 2 explorers/slow frames and 2 rushers/fast frames.  Who then realy is the half thats setting the pace?

A valid argument to which I have no solution for you.  I guess the people who want to go slow have to weigh what is more important between being at the finish and looking around for more loot.

Actually, I have a Rhino with Thrak helmet, 80% steel fiber, 320% HP, 320% shields, and a few other POWER mods, armed with overcharged and multishoted hek, hate, and other nice things and I like it as a tank, and not some lightweight turbo bolide.

The point is, if you choose to make yourself the slowest possible thing you can, especially when the alternative is one of the fastest, you have no arguing power when it comes to discussing people who move too quickly.

A valid argument to which I have no solution for you.  I guess the people who want to go slow have to weigh what is more important between being at the finish and looking around for more loot.

The point is, if you choose to make yourself the slowest possible thing you can, especially when the alternative is one of the fastest, you have no arguing power when it comes to discussing people who move too quickly.

And what if I do not have another helmet? Is it so hard to wait a little bit and actually play as a team and not the selfish dolts?