Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How difficult is it to get good frames for a noob

Paroddox

Question

So... I just started this game and am only mastery rank 2 at the time of writing this. And my question is, how hard is it to get a good frames from what I've heard are Ash, Saryn, or Mesa. I want these frames because I have heard these are really good frames, but if they are too hard for me to get, how do I farm mods for my Excalibur like the primed versions or condition overload, berserk, rage, or life strike? I particularly want Ash and Saryn because Ash can turn invisible and looks pretty cool and Saryn has poison and I heard is wanted in groups and does decent dps. Thank you for your help!

7 answers to this question

On 2018-12-31 at 8:57 PM, Paroddox said:

So... I just started this game and am only mastery rank 2 at the time of writing this. And my question is, how hard is it to get a good frames from what I've heard are Ash, Saryn, or Mesa. I want these frames because I have heard these are really good frames, but if they are too hard for me to get, how do I farm mods for my Excalibur like the primed versions or condition overload, berserk, rage, or life strike? I particularly want Ash and Saryn because Ash can turn invisible and looks pretty cool and Saryn has poison and I heard is wanted in groups and does decent dps. Thank you for your help!

Just keep playing the star chart, for now, grab rhino, and work towards a nova pretty easy early on, just keep working through the starter planets. I’m not going to say all frames are good, but for beginners, these are two must haves. As for the mods - It’ll take a while, that’s just part of the game. Primed mods are given out as daily login rewards, which start around 150 logs (read-days), and through the void trader which require you to get lots of trade-able prime parts for ducats, to purchase. Not to mention, the amount of resources needed to level those mods are not easy if you’re just getting started! The game is more of a marathon, not a sprint. Those are some great Frames too, but you can have a lot of fun with most frames in general. That said, to start, I’d work towards frames with greater survivability over power 😉 welcome and good luck.

Also, grab an Inaros as soon as you can, he’ll do a lot for your confidence if you’re having issues. You get his quest through purchase with the void trader. The other side of that being the trader comes to the star map every other week and if you don’t have access to the station he’s on (it’s randomized) you won’t have access to him - so keep working towards your star chart to open the game up. Last peice of advise, play enough to unlock mars, get to Maroo’s station and take on the weekly treasure hunt. Fully upgraded trophies will net you tons to cheap endo for upgrades.

Ash is obtained killing certain enemies that spawn only from uranus (i think). Saryn is obtained by killing the boss in sedna. Mesa is obtained by killing the boss in eris. All of these are far away in the star chart from a newbie. You can only get the prime versions of them by trading them with other players. Also mesa prime is new parchusable (for real world money) as part of the prime access. You can get them now, but its depends if you willing to put money in game. But you got to know alll warfarmes are good, but some got abilities that are more liked by the player community. 

They are indeed good frames, but only as good as the mods you have for them.  They require many of the rare mods that take time to get in the game, so i would be patient with the ones you mentioned.  There are plenty of othwr great frames that are available early, but as mentioned before, if you dont want to wait then buying them and the right mods is always an option.

42 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

Ash is obtained killing certain enemies that spawn only from uranus

Manics spawn in Grineer endless missions like survival and defection after a certain amount of time has passed, it's better to do defection because like Juggernauts in infested missions they're guranteed to spawn and you can also get Harrow parts in the process.

As for OP, the frames you mentioned are out of your reach for now unless you're willing to buy them with platinum from the market. And while they're good it takes a lot of big and expensive mods to make them so, Excalibur is a good frame so build him and work your way up the starchart till you face the Jackal for Rhino parts, he's a pretty mandatory frame regardless of player level and will help you out a lot. 

For Excalibur, the first mod you want is Vitality at max rank if possible or as high as you can get it, after that give him strength, range and efficiency, either do missions like excavation or defence and hope these mods drop or trade with clanmates, you'll get them for free from high levels of you ask nicely

Ash is probably the toughest one to Farm for. Saryn and Mesa can be farm from Mutalist Alad V and Kela De Thayem which can be farmed constantly. Ash drops from Manics which is much rarer and the parts for him is not a Guarantee drop so he requires the biggest Grind. Primed Mods is from Baro, Condition Overload is from Drekar Butchers at Uranus, Berserker is from Corrupted Ancients, Rage drops from Napalms or Void Containers and Life Strike can be farmed from one of the Bursa or one of the enemies from Orb Vallis so Life Strike can be the easiest and the earlliest.

Condition Overload is very rare without a Hydroid or a Nekros in your Squad so i would wait on that unless you got lucky in Public. Out of all of the Three Frames from the OP, I love Saryn the most. She requires the most work but can scale well and kill very fast while having Synergy with her abilities and Weapons.

Edited by GPrime96

You really should be focusing on getting rhino first, 

The other frames are definitely good but they need decent mods to make them better, and getting to the point where you can grind them will need some better gear than your defaults. 

and honestly? You don't need to worry about having the best, all frames are good. You just need the right mods and playstyle. Excalibur can hold his own pretty far.