Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 2 biggest problems in Warframe, let's discuss one of them: Clan Based activities

Eterud

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to say that I love warframe.

However, it is missing one thing, well, actually two.

1. Content for veteran
  2. Content for clans

This post I would like to dedicate to the second point: Content for clans.

Warframe is an instance based MMO, with both FPS and RPG elements.

Each MMOFPS and MMORPG that I know has some content that allows a clan to work together towards a certain goal.
Some things that they have in certain games:

• Territorial Engagements (to take each other's bases)
  • Planet domination through points in events.
  • Clan bonuses (the higher level a clan is the more bonuses their members get. Affinity, Credits, void traces etc.)
  • Weekly Clan challenges
  • Clan vs Clan PVP
  • Clan vs Clan PVE 
  • Raids/Operations

Now let's see what warframe has for activities that a clan can do:

• Farm pigments and resources to decorate the Dojo

Yes, That's right. something purely aesthetical, that has no reward for the players participating.

There are only a handful of healthy clans out there, and most are full of new players because most veteran players quit (Because of Point 1 that warframe is missing: Content for veterans)

Here are some things that I would like to see:

• Domination for planets
    • This can be done on several ways: #1 PVP based, or #2 PVE based. 
      By doing certain weekly objectives the clans get points, by being the top #1 clan the clan gains control over the planet. getting x rewards that are split to the members that participated.
      The rewards have to be worth something, so things like: Relic Packs, Premade forma's, exilus adapters, platinum etc.
      I would suggest splitting the weekly objectives for the planets evenly, 50% of the planets have PVE based challenges and 50% of the planets have PVP based challenges. alternatively you could have 50/50 split between objectives that give points between PVP and PVE players.
  • Territorial engagements
    • This would be an alternative system to the domination for planets. there are X amount of nodes per planet, let clans fight for control over them in an Open world PVP battle.
      This could include: Archwings, ground battles etc.
  • Clan Bonusses:
    • Offer rewards for players being in a certain level clan. here are some idea's:
      • 1/2/3/4/5 % extra affinity gain Depending on clan Rank
      • 1/2/3/4/5 % Faster crafting speed, Depending on Clan Rank
      • 1/2/3/4/5 % Less Trade tax, depending on clan Rank
      • 1/2/3/4/5 % More Credit gain, Depending on Clan Rank
  • Weekly clan challenges:
    • Clans get a set amount of random challenges to complete each week. completing them would increase the Clan Affinity. to work towards above bonusses.
      • The challenges would have to be tough, but not too farmy. once again evenly split between PVE, Archwing, pvp etc.
  • Clan VS Clan PVP:
    • PVP Ranking for Clans
    • A set amount of players can join a battlefield to complete x challenge (King of the Hill, Capture the flag, etc. or PVP style missions like SWTOR has)
    • Higher PVP ranking gives higher rewards for the clans.
  • Clan vs Clan PVE
    • x amount of clans get dropped on a massive map. they fight to kill bosses, to fight to get to the last boss. the team that beats the last boss the first wins the game. 
      (This would have to be tough, not the speed that the normal maps have, where you could just skip 99% of the map, kill the boss and go.)
      This could be for example teams of 10 players. 
  • Raids/Operations
    • Some tough ass bosses, that need a decent sized group to kill. Different tiers of hardness to complete it.  
      For example:
      • Easy: Boss has 50 million health, 50 million armor, 25 million shields and deals 500 DPS to the tank and 250 damage per second to everybody around
      • Normal: All values x4
      • Hard: All values x10
      • Nightmare: All values x30

These are just some idea's. this post is not meant to really discuss the above points, as the suggestions are not the main point of the post, but more as a call out to (do something about /Don't overlook) this problem.

Right now I'm losing friends left and right because there is no content for veterans. (Expansions like Fortuna /plains of eidolons and the orbs are great. but let's be honest. if you play casually you still finish it within a month...and then what? no reason for you to ever go back.)

And have a hard time keeping the clan active, because people play for 2-3 months, get their goals done. then go inactive because there is nothing more for them to accomplish in the game, and there is nothing to promote clan-based activities (unless you have a clan of 4 players and play as a team in normal missions....)
And yes I could of course recruit new players easily, to just see them go 2-3 months later. It would be so much better to be able to really build a community-based clan as several other games promote.

I absolutely love this game, but also feel that it is severely lacking in the above 2 points.
I hope that these suggestions will give some idea's, or at least some motivation to look into what can be done to change this situation.

Thank you.

Edited by Eterud
  • Like 4

I'm very wary of any clan based crap, as I "lead" a solo clan myself. clan based content has the potential to screw solo clans and non-clan players and already has in the past.

Prime example is the Ignis Wraith - the blueprint was only give to the top clans of a specific clan driven event... anybody who wasn't in a clan, anybody came after - hell people like me who's clan (of just me) just didn't reach the top tier will never have a chance at that BP without paying or begging it from one of the clans that do have it. 

The very idea directly infringes on solo/non-clan players, and you be surprised how many are out there.  Developing content that purposely disregards that population?  Not the best thing if you ask me.  Clan Content is fine and well - but it shouldn't infringe on, or limit, the non-clan playerbase... it also shouldn't compel people to take part in the social aspects of the game if they don't want to, by way of locking things behind it; i.e. Ignis Wraith and its mastery.  

One of the best things about Warframe is that outside of a few game modes, it highly respects the lone wolf player, any shift towards massive implementation of clan content risks pushing that chunk of players away.   I personally don't want a big clan of people - I already tried that..... it lead to mutiny, somebody deconstructing every single room in the dojo, costing me MONTHS of work, broken friendships and me managing a Shadow clan at x3 resources alone for over a year before DE allowed a 1 time rollback in clan size....  I don't EVER want to socialize with other players that intimately again - and the idea of content geared at doing that is, overall, unappealing.  

The only way I'd be able to get on board with clan based content is if it was so much in the category of "optional" that it didn't even have rewards gated behind it - and if there was no rewards, well, that system wouldn't last very long... what we have now is the ideal, to be honest, non-intrusive clans. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 2

I completely disagree with you.

Is it that bad that some items are locked to clans who earned it?
(or if something is locked to a player who earned it?)

To take your example: The items back then (like ignis wraith) are super easy to come by, I've had 10 blueprints and I did not even play back then. so that argument is a bit meek at best.
I see that argument the same as if I would say "I want the rewards from being tier 5 of Solaris United faction, but I do not want to have to farm the standing for it. You are locking out players who do not want to play in orb Vallis."

All the ideas that I suggested are able to be implemented in tiers depending on the clan that people are in. (Ghost, shadow, storm, mountain etc.)

And yes, there are a lot of solo players, because nothing stimulates teamplay in this game. There is no incentive to be in a clan, or to play together with others, while in the end this is a multiplayer game.

In fact this game stimulates playing alone (outside of affinity farm & Eidolons) because you'll have less mission failure rate by yourself than playing with other people.

Think about this: If they wanted this to be a solo game, why have a need for an internet connection after all, and not be able to play it in "offline mode".

This game needs stimulation and incentive to play with other people.

I do not see why any clan specific mode would not have any "rewards" behind it. Every single thing in the game has rewards behind it- except for clans -

Saying that clan-based activities shouldn't have rewards is like saying that PVP, sorties, arbitrations, alerts etc. shouldn't have rewards.

I personally don't want a big clan of people - I already tried that..... it lead to mutiny, somebody deconstructing every single room in the dojo, costing me MONTHS of work, broken friendships and me managing a Shadow clan at x3 resources alone for over a year before DE allowed a 1 time rollback in clan size....  I don't EVER want to socialize with other players that intimately again - and the idea of content geared at doing that is, overall, unappealing

So you've had a bad experience, can happen. do you really let 1 experience stop you from enjoying interacting with other players?

I've hosted big and successful clans in several different games, never had any experience like that. Sometimes some difficult situations, yes.
but then again managing a clan/guild is like hosting a business. you cannot manage any group of people without a few hiccups here and there.

Anyhow, I'm not saying that the entire game should run around clan-based activities.

I'm saying that it needs something though for players that do not want to play solo. At the moment this game has NOTHING(except for eidolons, but even those can be soloed) for people that don't want to be the "lone wolf" in a multiplayer game.

And seeing that this is a very reward based game, it should have rewards. like every other activity.

I’m going to agree with Eterud here, I know that by no means am I a veteran but I’ve been in multiple clans and even made a few (obviously never worked out as I’m now in a two person ghost clan). I’m pretty sure there is more then enough solo content in the game right now, in fact at times it seems like there’s just a bit too much. I love solo content in multiplayer games just as much as the next guy, I too have days when I don’t wanna interact or deal with others. In fact I run solo survival all the time just to level as getting randoms to coordinate is difficult (yes, I know recruitment chat is a thing, I’ve just never had any luck on it). However the main reason most of my mates don’t play Warframe is that it lacks in the clan department. Sure, you can farm for hours on end with the amazing gameplay (or not, another topic) and take on multiple challenges with randoms or three other friends. However you can never rally build anything with a group of people. You could have a little group and do missions together, help each other out with resources, farm frames and eidolon hunt, but at the end you’re getting the same stuff you would’ve gotten solo. Granted, it is easer (at least for me) to complete most missions with a team, but a slightly easier survival or a faster excavation dosen’t seem to be the best motivator for working together (at least in my experience). Now you can build and decorate a bunch of rooms in the dojo together, but in the end it’s just a piling of resources for something that is just aesthetically pleasing. I never played when dark sectors were a thing but seeing as how much I use the Malva dark sector and one other I think with a bit of tweaking it might’ve been pretty good (haven’t done too much research, so go ahead and fact blast me here). In the end my point is that since practically everything can be soloed there isn’t much incentive to interact, make friends, and most importantly, stick with those friends (yeah, I know this is pretty cheesy sounding). Well this is just my opinion mostly just backed up by personal experiences, if this thread goes anywhere I’ll probably do some research in my free time and post again.

Incase this longass post makes it seem otherwise, I love Warframe. I’ve taken year long breaks before due to frustrations and all but in the end I find this game and the people behind it (DE) to be the most appealing. Yes I would like more clan content, does that mean Warframe needs it? Not sure, this is only my second post, I don’t know the community as well as some others.

• Like 1

I gotta say i like these ideas but i would like to put in three more idea to revitalize clans.

Starchart clan events. The idea is really simple, every day players of a clan have access to clan only alerts and missions. For example syndicate allience missions would be clan missions where you could collect syndicate medallioms for 2 syndicates, clan alerts would offer harder enviroment for 2 reward from the alert pool. The only way to get into these missions is to enter a dojo and start it from there, it also gives additional reward to the clan too. 

Clan invasions: Every week a randomly choosen dojo is invaded by an enemy faction. Defeat them for standard invasion rewards and random clan only rewards.

Clan sorties. Pretty basic thing, every day a randomly choosen clan gets to held a sortie. The map is there dojo and the whole sortie is one long run mission. For example lets say a clan has an obstacle room, several gardens and all laboratories, you load in the dojo and the Lotus tells you that first we need intel. You need to find the laboratories dodge some basic spy lasers and drones and defend the 4 labors to get info on the enemy. After that you have to sabotage a bomb in the obstacle course room then defeat an onslaught in the gardens, ending the mission with a boss fight. Its all a simulation created with the help.of Simmaris and you get a standard sortie reward with a clan only reward.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I gotta say i like these ideas but i would like to put in three more idea to revitalize clans.

Starchart clan events. The idea is really simple, every day players of a clan have access to clan only alerts and missions. For example syndicate allience missions would be clan missions where you could collect syndicate medallioms for 2 syndicates, clan alerts would offer harder enviroment for 2 reward from the alert pool. The only way to get into these missions is to enter a dojo and start it from there, it also gives additional reward to the clan too. 

Clan invasions: Every week a randomly choosen dojo is invaded by an enemy faction. Defeat them for standard invasion rewards and random clan only rewards.

Clan sorties. Pretty basic thing, every day a randomly choosen clan gets to held a sortie. The map is there dojo and the whole sortie is one long run mission. For example lets say a clan has an obstacle room, several gardens and all laboratories, you load in the dojo and the Lotus tells you that first we need intel. You need to find the laboratories dodge some basic spy lasers and drones and defend the 4 labors to get info on the enemy. After that you have to sabotage a bomb in the obstacle course room then defeat an onslaught in the gardens, ending the mission with a boss fight. Its all a simulation created with the help.of Simmaris and you get a standard sortie reward with a clan only reward.

I like them, great idea's.

let's hope someone at DE actually reads this post and will talk to the team to implement something for us.

11 hours ago, Eterud said:

And yes, there are a lot of solo players, because nothing stimulates teamplay in this game. There is no incentive to be in a clan, or to play together with others, while in the end this is a multiplayer game.

It's a common misconception that "multiplayer game" is the same as "multiplayer-ONLY game." Just because Warframe has multiplayer capability doesn't mean that it HAS to be player in multiplayer, that solo players can just be ignored or that mandatory team content is "fine." There's a reason two-player gates open with just one console when playing solo. There's a reason that enemy numbers decrease when playing solo, Interception towers capture faster, Defection objectives never spawn two groups at once, Orb Vallis spawns only a single Excavator, etc. In almost all activities, Warframe scales down to allow for small teams and solo play.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

It's a common misconception that "multiplayer game" is the same as "multiplayer-ONLY game." Just because Warframe has multiplayer capability doesn't mean that it HAS to be player in multiplayer, that solo players can just be ignored or that mandatory team content is "fine." There's a reason two-player gates open with just one console when playing solo. There's a reason that enemy numbers decrease when playing solo, Interception towers capture faster, Defection objectives never spawn two groups at once, Orb Vallis spawns only a single Excavator, etc. In almost all activities, Warframe scales down to allow for small teams and solo play.

Exactly my point. warframe is completely geared towards solo players, while it has nothing for groups (clans) etc.

I hope that this will change and add some content for clans as well.

Just now, Eterud said:

Exactly my point. warframe is completely geared towards solo players, while it has nothing for groups (clans) etc. I hope that this will change and add some content for clans as well.

And I hope it won't. Everything a solo player can do, a group of players can do but the reverse is not the case. I'm obviously biased here, but I'm not really all that interested in content which is deliberately designed to exclude me when currently no content exists which excludes you or your friends.

• Like 3

12 часов назад, (PS4)lagrue сказал:

I'm very wary of any clan based crap, as I "lead" a solo clan myself. clan based content has the potential to screw solo clans and non-clan players and already has in the past.

Clan based activities screw literally everyone with just one exception - a small highly competititve ones, and by "competitive" I mean "willing to do literally everything, including game abuse, glitches and exploits while having no life". Thats all. Everyone else gest ****ked big time and it leads to unprecedented toxicity and expulsion of its members who give little shts about the "goals" like it was with hema.

Clan based activities like Hema made me create a solo clan because I realized that if it will continue like this, the Hema research in 500 memebers clan will be completed in about 2025th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

Clan based activities screw literally everyone with just one exception - a small highly competititve ones, and by "competitive" I mean "willing to do literally everything, including game abuse, glitches and exploits while having no life". Thats all. Everyone else gest ****ked big time and it leads to unprecedented toxicity and expulsion of its members who give little shts about the "goals" like it was with hema.

Clan based activities like Hema made me create a solo clan because I realized that if it will continue like this, the Hema research in 500 memebers clan will be completed in about 2025th.

Basically this ^

I would also add that Im tired of hearing about "content for veterans". Seriously, they are trying to add things to keep us occupied yet no one is ever satisfied and no one ever will be. Tiring.

• Like 2

I think most people join clans to get access to research BPs and a trading post. If all the research and building has been done there is little incentive to play any kind of active role.

As members are all at different levels with different goals and with limited playing time playing together doesn't always make sense. Having Clan missions would make being in a Clan feel more like being a member of a group.

Just having Clan Alerts/Invasions/Sorties would be a start. Rewards don't have to be exclusive just from a different pool. The same with events when they occur. All these can be done with Clan members at the moment but there's little reason to.

Even better would be specific Clan missions that require co-operative play rather than four players just being in the same place at the same time. Again, rewards don't have to be exclusive just something to encourage playing as a Clan.

I think one of Warframe's biggest problems is trying to make everything be available to everyone at all times. Making all content suitable for new and solo player lessens the experience for veteran and multi-player. There should be something for everyone.

5 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Basically this ^

I would also add that Im tired of hearing about "content for veterans". Seriously, they are trying to add things to keep us occupied yet no one is ever satisfied and no one ever will be. Tiring.

They do add things, and they're great. but they set things up in a way that people come back to warframe, play it for 1-2 weeks then they completed an addition that the developers worked months on creating and they go back to being inactive because there's nothing to gain anymore.

Look at Fortuna, great expansion, massive activity for 1, maybe 2 weeks, then back to normal because people completed it all.

6 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

I don't see how anything you just said would make sense.

First of all "Literally everyone"= a certain small percentage of players that like to play solo. not everyone.

Pretty much everyone I spoke to thinks that this game is severely lacking in group content/clan content, except for the 3-4 people in this thread that seem to want to play completely solo and feel left out if they choose not to join a certain part of a game, which for me sounds like a very weird argument. as that counts for everything.

If I choose not to do PVP, I'll be "left out" on PVP rewards.
If I choose not to set foot in fortuna, I'll be left out on fortuna rewards.
If I choose not to do PoE, I wont get those rewards. etc.

So it would only make sense that if you choose not to take part in something in this game (Clan based events) you would miss out on that too.

As for your other arguments:

Maybe it is the way that they set these clan activities up that "Screws up the few players that want to play solo in a multiplayer game". but I think it would be a great boost to warframe as a game in general.

as for your "Glitches and abuse exploits while having no life" argument: I think that Warframe has been dealing pretty good with glitches, banning people that exploited the khora exp thing a while ago etc. 
Also it never pays off to abuse glitches or exploits as long as there is a good system behind it.

Clan based events creating toxicity?
I personally think that the massive focus on "Solo player content" creates more toxicity than anything else, since everybody will  just be thinking about themselves instead of the greater good (clan/group content etc) and let's be honest. there is a large amount of toxicity in this game right it's not as bad as in games such as call of duty, but a lot worse compared to other mmo style games.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eterud said:

I do not see why any clan specific mode would not have any "rewards" behind it. Every single thing in the game has rewards behind it- except for clans -

If you can't see why it's that's way, then I don't know what else to say.  Generally speaking side ventures don't have rewards that impact the main games, i.e. Ludoplex games, hell even PVP - while having some rewards, most of those are relegated to PVP only and don't impact the greater mastery system or game at large.  Why?  Because DE knows these are niche activities and not what the majority want to be doing, and hiding content behind undesirable content to encourage to be played is a very trashy idea...

Not sure if you ever played Destiny but they had the same brilliant idea, where people's actual leveled progression is tied to ALL game modes meaning people who hate PVP for example have no choice but to play it or fall behind a week in progression... this has been a sour point in that community for years now.  It's bad to tie rewards and progression to drastically different content than the norm and that's what I'm saying.  If you want to have rewards in that pool that are cosmetic, or things like mods that can only be used in that game mode (the same way Conclave does it) then I'll wiggle a little bit for that - but the Ignis Wraith was and is a bad way to do it... the fact you've had 10, well firstly it's most likely a lie, but also irrelevant.... many players are still forced to pay platinum to these clans as they exclusively hold the monopoly on the gun, they shouldn't have that power.

Anyway do you know about the past of Dark Sectors?  It's very similar to what you were saying where clans could band together in PVP and eventually capture the lost sectors on each planet... you know what happened?  the already well established clans stayed that way, and dominated the system through and through, week after week.  Nobody ever rose up, no clans got powerful at the end - in fact most medium to small clans outright refused to play Solar Rails anymore because there was virtually no point in participating when we all consciously knew the results were in favour of the powerful clans, either because of the player numbers, piled up resources - or even the general organization that comes from already established clans - nobody can compete with those things on even ground.  It's already been done, and it was a pointless venture, and was eventually removed.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

If you can't see why it's that's way, then I don't know what else to say.  Generally speaking side ventures don't have rewards that impact the main games, i.e. Ludoplex games, hell even PVP - while having some rewards, most of those are relegated to PVP only and don't impact the greater mastery system or game at large.  Why?  Because DE knows these are niche activities and not what the majority want to be doing, and hiding content behind undesirable content to encourage to be played is a very trashy idea...

Not sure if you ever played Destiny but they had the same brilliant idea, where people's actual leveled progression is tied to ALL game modes meaning people who hate PVP for example have no choice but to play it or fall behind a week in progression... this has been a sour point in that community for years now.  It's bad to tie rewards and progression to drastically different content than the norm and that's what I'm saying.  If you want to have rewards in that pool that are cosmetic, or things like mods that can only be used in that game mode (the same way Conclave does it) then I'll wiggle a little bit for that - but the Ignis Wraith was and is a bad way to do it... the fact you've had 10, well firstly it's most likely a lie, and secondly many players are still forced to pay platinum to these clans  as they elusively hold the monopoly on the gun, they shouldn't have that power.

As far as the ignis wraith: People give them out for free.

Sure there are a few people that try to sell them for platinum. but then again there are people that try to sell a riven for 10k platinum. a  warframe for 800 platinum, or even affinity farming services (hydron/so) for platinum. Just because a few players ask insane prices for something, doesn't mean that it isn't available for free (or a lot cheaper) somewhere else.

And there are rewards locked behind content right now in this game...

You cannot get a zaw without playing PoE, you cannot get a kitgun without playing fortuna.
So why not some non-game breaking content for clan content. heck even if they would make crafteable archguns clan content only it still wouldn't be game breaking, like kitguns and zaw's aren't game breaking.

Also Clans are from the start not set up to be a side thing in this game, hence the research etc that people do in a clan for weapons that are not-obtainable for players without a clan.
it's just the problem that they never finished integrating clans more into the game. it's like a half-finished project.

15 minutes ago, Eterud said:

You cannot get a zaw without playing PoE, you cannot get a kitgun without playing fortuna.

Sure maybe you can get it for free - not everybody is so lucky, and the entire monopoly of a weapon should not be dropped onto clans as an exclusive reward.

PoE, Fortuna - these things don't break from the mainline stream of content. they tie to the game as a whole, unlike PVP and Ludoplex like I mentioned - there's a reason those are optional and not rewarding game modes, it's because they strain far off the path of what the vast majority are playing or interested in playing.  PoE and Fortuna on the other hand, they integrate very well with the core game, so there's rewards there.  

People often join a guild 1 day to replicate all the research then leave, that's how they circumvent that issue, and thankfully the current system allows that - while content is locked in there, most of it is obtainable without commitment to the clan.  Keep in mind though, my comments were not just about people with no clans - it's also about people like me who are solo in a clan who are at a disadvantage no matter what.  The reason I mentioned the Ignis so many times is because it tightened the noose and gave certain research to only an "elite" few clans, while the unwashed masses are left to just get nothing... something not seen anywhere else in the game....  There's nowhere else in the game where performance of player or clan in a mission will guarantee superior rewards to other players - the only time is Ignis Wraith and that event, because it was a clan leaderboards tied thing.  Since clan content would basically be a leaderboard competition, it would do just that... it will create a system in which only the most well established and maximized population clans will dominate, they'll control the reward sphere, and pretty much the game modes themselves, rendering them pointless like the old Dark Sectors....  

That is why I'm wary of the idea.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eterud said:

As far as the ignis wraith: People give them out for free.

Say, it is even possible at all to get it on the Switch?

Since Clans weren't transferred and the Event never happened on that console, it seems to be completely inaccessible.  It's not even in Baro's rotation like other limited weapons are.

So yeah with yet another point against how that was handled I'm going to once more point out how that entire thing was just a bad idea that was made without even a slight amount of foresight and that it should be taken as an example of how not to distribute content.

• Like 1

A ha, I see and understand your doubts.

I still would say that you've seen one way to implement clan style events with rewards, and you didn't like that. Which is fine, a lot of players didn't like the way it was implemented.

This does not mean that every single way to implement clan based activity is wrong.

Take for example my idea of leaderboards, where clans could fight for the control of a planet (or node on a planet) for a week.

If you take that idea, and add different tiers. (Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain etc.) that way you water it out so everybody has a chance.

Will a ghost clan with 10 active members have a better shot at something than a ghost clan with 1 member? Maybe, that depends on the way things are implemented.
But it definitely takes away that it's just for "A few elite clans" as there are a load of planets+nodes, then that times 5 for the different tiers, 

and as long as you pick your planet +node wisely everybody should have a chance to compete. not just "a few elite"

So what I'm saying is: They tried one way to implement it, it failed.

Now it's time to try another way instead of giving up on something that could enhance the game a lot.

9 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Say, it is even possible at all to get it on the Switch?

Since Clans weren't transferred and the Event never happened on that console, it seems to be completely inaccessible.  It's not even in Baro's rotation like other limited weapons are.

So yeah with yet another point against how that was handled I'm going to once more point out how that entire thing was just a bad idea that was made without even a slight amount of foresight and that it should be taken as an example of how not to distribute content.

Probably not. but there are big differences between the different versions of warframe, even in regions.

For example:
Tennogen: PC players can only buy them with hard cash. Consoles can buy them with platinum.

Some frames are even different in for example the chinese version of warframe vs the international version.
(Heck the chinese version even has more weapons than the "normal" version)

3 hours ago, Eterud said:

They do add things, and they're great. but they set things up in a way that people come back to warframe, play it for 1-2 weeks then they completed an addition that the developers worked months on creating and they go back to being inactive because there's nothing to gain anymore.

Look at Fortuna, great expansion, massive activity for 1, maybe 2 weeks, then back to normal because people completed it all.

That's not really their issue though, thats a player issue. I still play everyday after 2.5k hours. Why? Because I enjoy the game itself. I don't need new things every second to keep me occupied. I don't rush everything within the first week, and then complain there is nothing to do. I'm pretty sure most people who bemoan they have nothing to do, have a pile of weapons to build, or kurias to find, or fish, or whatever the new odditys are, or help new players with things that ARE actually "difficult" when youre new. There is plenty to do, there really is.

As an aside, if Warframe was not meant to be played solo, there would be no solo option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanchak said:

That's not really their issue though, thats a player issue. I still play everyday after 2.5k hours. Why? Because I enjoy the game itself. I don't need new things every second to keep me occupied. I don't rush everything within the first week, and then complain there is nothing to do. I'm pretty sure most people who bemoan they have nothing to do, have a pile of weapons to build, or kurias to find, or fish, or whatever the new odditys are, or help new players with things that ARE actually "difficult" when youre new. There is plenty to do, there really is.

well you could always put another forma on a weapon or warframe that doesn't really need it.(Doing that now... turning all my frames into umbral frames, even while it has no real use xD) Or farm a single piece of decoration that you'll never use.

I personally take things slowly as well. could've been MR 26 within 2 months of making my account, but I'm still only MR 20 after 3 months of playing.
Sure I could craft every single weapon the clan dojo offers, but then again they offer nothing that my current weapons do not offer.

As an aside, if Warframe was not meant to be played solo, there would be no solo option.

If warframe was not meant to play in clans they would not have made clans
If warframe was not meant to play in groups, they would not have made groups.

there are 2 (or more) sides to everything.

It's just sad that people only see one side(In this case: Solo vs Clan), never both, while they should be able to coexist.

if theyre to actually really fix PvP games then they are gonna need to fully revamp the whole thing while also removing bullet jumping and broken abilities. honestly i somehow think re balancing/updating PvP would be more a challenge for them than making another open world map for them but who knows i might be worth a shot but oh boy would it need to be done carefully.

Whilst I'm not a fan of locking certain gear behind game modes having clan or PVP only rewards does not have to be game breaking provided the items are tradeable. If you don't like multi-player earn your solo rewards and trade. There are currently over 300 Ignis Wraith BPs listed on Warframe Market for 5 plat or less. That's one piece of relic junk.

At the moment clans are kind of pointless. Once you have all the BPs they are really just a fancy friend list. If the BPs were moved to the market there would be little point in clans at all. Having something to do either for or with a clan would give them more purpose whilst providing more engagement for those who like to play as a group. If handled correctly it doesn't have to ruin the solo experience but could add another option to the way the game is enjoyed.

Just because the previous clan system didn't work doesn't mean another one couldn't. 

• Like 1