Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some weapons missing a proper toggle.

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

Personally, I think the issue has more to do with standards in how alt-fires work. A toggle I think is fine if there are more than two fire modes, but otherwise, one button for primary fire and another for alt-firing should be the norm. The Zarr, for example, has just two modes of fire, so you could very well make its primary fire its shotgun blast, and have the alt fire shoot its explosive salvo.

• Like 1

Hind

fire is burst, while alt fires a single shot. Needs to be updated so Alt is a burst/semi toggle switch. not a single shot itself. See newer weapons like Argonak and Stradavar with selective fire mode for examples of how Hind should be updated.

Problem is aggravated for Console users, where semi-fire tapping Alt while aiming isn't possible on many controller configs.

Zarr

opposite problem

fire is grenade, while alt toggles between grenade/shotgun. Given the function of the shotgun as a close range 'panic button' to avoid blowing self up. this really needs to be changed into a momentary shot, not a mode toggle.

See newer weapons like Corinth and Phantasma for examples of how Zarr should be updated.

On 2019-01-03 at 12:59 AM, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

There are some weapons that still have been stuck with the hold in function to use the alternate fire mode

On 2019-01-04 at 2:43 PM, Teridax68 said:

A toggle I think is fine if there are more than two fire modes, but otherwise, one button for primary fire and another for alt-firing should be the norm

Alt fire on consoles is right stick click, which is much harder to aim (as pressing down tends to move your reticle) and almost unusable to hold down while aiming. It should always toggle.

However, with some controllers (like the X1 Elite) you get extra paddles you can program - so maybe it should be an option in the menus? Default is always toggle, but you could turn on alt trigger fire buttons for weapons with dual firing modes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I feel you. My clan leader was an utter bro and got me a Secura Penta, only for me to realize alt firing is as unintuitive as physically possible. I work around it by mapping my alt-fire to left on the directional pad (not "great" but I don't accidentally blow things up while running and aiming now).