Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catch up mechanics for syndicates

IIDMOII

There really needs to be a catchup mechanic on the open world grinds. Not everyone plays everyday and you get so far behind that you simply start ignoring the content altogether.

By the time I ever level quills and ostron high enough to craft anything worthy, this content is already dead and abandoned.

Likewise. By the time I feel compelled to grind out Fortuna, it'll be dead and something new will come.

Once it's not the newest content loop, it should be sped up for newer players. The prospect of those grinds are a huge barrier for many. None of my friends play anymore because they got sick of playing rep grind catchup everytime a new release drops.

Either rethink the lazy copy pasta rep grinds or add a catchup mechanic.

Oh I'd love to go on an eidolon hunt. Too bad it'll be months before I have an amp that isn't garbage .... so it gets shelved.

Quit locking cool boss fights and openworld content behind the templated rep grinds. Quit leaving the grind intact after the content is considered old.

Quit locking crafting materials and other desirable items behind boss fights that can't be attempted without a double dip grind ..... ostron and quills didn't need to be separate grinds. 

Getting tired of doing all this mindless, repetitive busy work to prove my worth to these NPC. All these factions that want to enlist the aid of ancient space ninjas, should be proving themselves to us. And then you get to the end. Finally.  Only to have the next patch come out with an entirely new faction to start the entire process over again.

DE could prevent people from quiting if they recognized how unfair and brutally off putting it is to reset the grind every patch without a way to catch up.

Any catch up mechanics basically mean you get easy mode when everyone else had to do it the hard way. Sure it will take you longer but if you burn through it all in a week because of catch up mechanics you will then complain there is nothing left to do.

On 2019-01-04 at 8:51 AM, Shalath said:

Any catch up mechanics basically mean you get easy mode when everyone else had to do it the hard way. Sure it will take you longer but if you burn through it all in a week because of catch up mechanics you will then complain there is nothing left to do.

MMOs that have been around for years provide means to speed thru old campaigns. People want to play with their friends. If they have to go thru a mountain of content, they often won’t do it, so it is in DE’s and players interest to add faster means to level up. Besides your logic is flawed. They can only catch up to the current campaign, then they are in the same position as the rest of us. That is,if you’re a vet, the current stuff lasts a week or two.

You're all thinking of the problem the wrong way. Why is there a cap in the first place? Why are we not rewarding hard work?

On 2019-01-04 at 11:51 AM, Shalath said:

This makes no sense. Everything we want to do is locked behind standing/rank walls. Catch-up does not imply easy mode, just means there is no time barrier.

On 2019-01-04 at 11:57 AM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

your not getting rewarded for not playing the game.... get out of here with that mentality 

Yes, just play the game. However I will add that I need atmo systems to rank up as an offering, and after 50+ runs, I've only received 1 drop (4/10) and have acquired 22 repeller systems. There is something wrong with the drop tables and the way exclusive resources prevent me from progressing due to bad rng is not very rewarding for playing the game.

On 2019-01-03 at 5:46 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Cetus has fishing and gems to trade for standing. 

Fortuna has gems, fishing, conservation, and Ticker for standing.

You can literally stockpile your standing in one playthrough.

Capped by daily limits. Not an actual catch-up method

On 2019-01-03 at 5:34 PM, IIDMOII said:

There really needs to be a catchup mechanic on the open world grinds. Not everyone plays everyday and you get so far behind that you simply start ignoring the content altogether.

By the time I ever level quills and ostron high enough to craft anything worthy, this content is already dead and abandoned.

Likewise. By the time I feel compelled to grind out Fortuna, it'll be dead and something new will come.

Once it's not the newest content loop, it should be sped up for newer players. The prospect of those grinds are a huge barrier for many. None of my friends play anymore because they got sick of playing rep grind catchup everytime a new release drops.

Either rethink the lazy copy pasta rep grinds or add a catchup mechanic.

Oh I'd love to go on an eidolon hunt. Too bad it'll be months before I have an amp that isn't garbage .... so it gets shelved.

Quit locking cool boss fights and openworld content behind the templated rep grinds. Quit leaving the grind intact after the content is considered old.

Quit locking crafting materials and other desirable items behind boss fights that can't be attempted without a double dip grind ..... ostron and quills didn't need to be separate grinds. 

Getting tired of doing all this mindless, repetitive busy work to prove my worth to these NPC. All these factions that want to enlist the aid of ancient space ninjas, should be proving themselves to us. And then you get to the end. Finally.  Only to have the next patch come out with an entirely new faction to start the entire process over again.

DE could prevent people from quiting if they recognized how unfair and brutally off putting it is to reset the grind every patch without a way to catch up.

This is mostly true. Some will defend the fact it gives them something to do. To that defense I will argue that they should ask for more homework because finishing something is not desirable to them. The game has been unfair in 1 regard, new "exclusive" resources. The Steve Sinclaire recognized that one of the worst things commented by the players in response to PoE was exclusive resources. It invalidated veteran commitment and resets everyone on the same level. They claimed to have solved the issue in Fortuna in a dev stream, but as we know, the problem only got worse (with debt bonds and systems farming).

Lastly, DE needs to change their approach on new content. Story is important, but if the functionality of it bites the players, nobody cares about the one time story in the long run, all we'll remember is how retarded (and I'm using this word as in "slow") the game progression is since this is what we're experiencing in the long run. It's clearly evident that aside the Pablo updates (the ones I get excited about), all other reworks, changes, additions are all short run treasures but long run trash. You need to start playing your own game. Don't try to guess what we want, play your own game and ask yourself what you would want. If you can't even do that, then developing features for warframe should not be your career.

Just a side note. I know a lot of other games out there are pretty bad, so Warframe is in pretty good standing relative to the other trash I can be playing. It saddens me to see long run support for the game content to be non-existent. If we don't address and resolve these things now, they won't be revisited until someone finds an exploit with them.

On 2019-01-05 at 9:21 PM, Descent-of-Damocles said:

You're all thinking of the problem the wrong way. Why is there a cap in the first place? Why are we not rewarding hard work?

First and foremost THIS.^

I can not count the amount of days I've twiddled away between Plains and Fortuna that I've capped out, went to mine/fish for S&G, waited for the daily rollover, and then recapped only to have no ability to progress. That's on top of the fact that we have to use the same rep as currency to be able to get even the most basic of things like FISHING BAIT. Fishing bait was in particular changed from the single purchase to the infinite use BP entirely due to this interference in the local economy in that sense. This is not the case for some reason with Fortuna despite the fact that just as much if not more of the same equivalent resources are required to produce the other gear and tools associated with the Fortuna updates.

On 2019-01-03 at 3:46 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Fortuna has gems, fishing, conservation, and Ticker for standing.

You can literally stockpile your standing in one playthrough.

This part right here is only a partial fix. I myself didn't really care that much about actually spending tons of hours grinding out fish/gems to hand in with Fortuna. Especially with both of them being far more valuable in Fortuna's case vs Plains. That being said, I've had massive stockpiles of credits and resources to blow on Ticker and that's proved to be a saving grace here. As noted above however, the cap itself actively interferes with this. Even after getting my rank maxed, I'm still struggling to actually bank rep thanks to the sheer amount of stuff to buy in the update. On top of that problem, you still have the issue of needing to actually farm out your toroids to get your rank up with Little Duck as well. The fact is that their is no fast or real way to do that other than grind your life away. That is nothing short of a time sink that means that you simply can't grind out the needed resources to play and craft while doing anything about your rank with Little Duck.

• Like 1