The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make a new Amp or continue farming QUill standing

Magnoguido

Question

I joined a random group and helped(?) take down an Terralyst and ranked up with the Quills.

Now there are new AMP pieces available.

My current AMP does 250 Void damage.

The AMP currently BP currently available to build is the Raplak-Pencha-Clapkra (I have no idea how you guys decode this 232, 212, 322 I read in other posts).

Which says it does 3k Void damage.

Is it worth to farm the components and spend the standing now or keep using this basic AMP I got after the War Within quest?

10 answers to this question

8ACD61A51AE0C86EB307D5A980DF2B14C91DDC32

Hope this image works, but the parts you show is a 111. I will say this though, the 111 is significantly better than the mote amp you're given after The War Within. I was slowly soloing the Teralyst with this amp. At least until I could build a 223. 

mq1d812816t11.png
(credits: u/ZacharyLaw)

This is bit outdated, considering Fortuna parts, although for PoE X-2-3 (or 2-2-3 to be precise) offers highets damage (especially with Virtuoso Fury). However, get rid of Mote Amp as soon as you master it as anything is far superior (I've been good with 2-1-2 for quite a while)

3 hours ago, xGryphus said:

This is bit outdated, considering Fortuna parts, although for PoE X-2-3 (or 2-2-3 to be precise) offers highets damage (especially with Virtuoso Fury). However, get rid of Mote Amp as soon as you master it as anything is far superior (I've been good with 2-1-2 for quite a while)

I was under the impression Virtuous Shadow was the meta.

Not really an Eidolon hunter just read damage calcs a while back putting Shadow highest behind Volt Shield.

Does it no longer proc with Void Dash or something?

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I was under the impression Virtuous Shadow was the meta.

Not really an Eidolon hunter just read damage calcs a while back putting Shadow highest behind Volt Shield.

Does it no longer proc with Void Dash or something?

Virtuos shadow is still a thing still procks with void dash the guy above just doesn't know about it's existence or something. I use it on my 237 and it's amazing for soloing the tridolon caps as well as 5x3s 😄

Edited by EDM774

6 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Virtuos shadow is still a thing still procks with void dash the guy above just doesn't know about it's existence or something. I use it on my 237 and it's amazing for soloing the tridolon caps as well as 5x3s 😄

Ok, just like to keep that gear up to date in case friends or streamers want to do it. Also the possibility of Amps being needed in Fortuna.

There seems to be some debate between Shraksun and Propa Scaffolds right now.

10 hours ago, Magnoguido said:

(I have no idea how you guys decode this 232, 212, 322 I read in other posts).

Just to clear out what the numbers mean:

First number is prism, second number is scaffold, third number is brace.

The number represent the tear of the part according to "when you can get it" or "how far it's in the list" (not by power or any "meta" system out there).

For example:
111 will be Raplak-Pencha-Clapkra as these are the first parts that are available to you.
A
223 will be Shwaak-Shraksun-Lohrin for the second prism, with the second scaffold and the third brace.

Any number above 4 (4 being the last parts from the Quills) are parts from Vox Solaris which goes by the same coding system (5 is 1 on Vox Solaris, 6=2, 7=3). I think we will need better coding to number these because we might get more parts for each syndicate...

For my opinion, I love the 233, the 443, and recently got a 555 which I think is awsome but I need more experementing to get my favorate out of Vox Solaris amps.