Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you get a control module early?

(PSN)notnathanobvi

Question

21 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)notnathanobvi said:

I have gotten to Mercury

Ok, then the route is Mars>Phobos>Void.That's the first place you can find control modules.

Or, as I mentioned, keep an eye out for alerts, that awards modules.

I know. It's a little silly that you get the blueprints much earlier than where you can find the modules. If it is a comfort, you also find argon crystals in the void, which you need for a whole host of gear. And for a little while more, relics drop from all regular missions in the void.

So... ONWARDS! TO THE VOID!!! (points to the horizon)

Just now, (PS4)notnathanobvi said:

I've just started playing warframe a few days ago and I learned about Rhino and have gotten all the parts for him, except im missing a control module, is there anyway to get that early or will i have to just grind it out? 

Check the planet which drop the modules. go into a mission, break every container you see and you should have enough. corpus guys have lots of modules.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)notnathanobvi said:

I have gotten to Mercury

You're still unfortunately a little ways off -- it's fascinating because I didn't realize that was the situation, that Control Modules were needed for Rhino. I didn't get around to farming for him til I was further along the star chart.

Your best bet is to try and beeline it to the Void as fast as you can, but that'll involve going through Mars to Phobos then the Void and all the junction requirements in between. Don't recall that any of them were too terrible -- I think at the time the defeat 150 enemies in a single mission on Mars seemed impossible to me 😭

Good luck to you! I actually just started on PS4 as a side account in an effort to try and get a friend without a PC to try out Warframe. I'm still crazy early in, but if you don't have anyone to play with feel free to send me a PM.

I'm not sure when you get access to them, but Maroo's weekly mission will take you to either the Void or the Orokin Derelict. I know she used to be on Mars, so at that point you could get to the Void or the Derelict before you would normally be able to do so. However, I know she's moved recently; I just can't remember where.

On 2019-02-01 at 2:55 PM, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

I'm not sure when you get access to them, but Maroo's weekly mission will take you to either the Void or the Orokin Derelict. I know she used to be on Mars, so at that point you could get to the Void or the Derelict before you would normally be able to do so. However, I know she's moved recently; I just can't remember where.

Brilliant! Never would've thought about that. I just assumed it would be too hard of a mission.

On 2019-01-08 at 1:56 PM, eurotransient said:

You're still unfortunately a little ways off -- it's fascinating because I didn't realize that was the situation, that Control Modules were needed for Rhino. I didn't get around to farming for him til I was further along the star chart.

😭

Yeah, it's a little weird that Argon crystals and Control Modules have to be obtained in the void. Meanwhile, low levels like me who are just learning the game will have to plow through 4 planets to get our first ones. And we wanna build ALL THE THINGS because we wanna have new things to try... I finally got to Phobos so I'm getting the itch. 

I've come so so close to just buying a frame combo so many times...

2 days ago i was on the exact same problem. And the solution was - go ur way straigt to "the void".

Its correct that some alerts/mission can reward u with modules, but its not save that u will see a mission like that in the next hours/days...

On 2019-01-08 at 8:53 PM, Yrkul said:

If it is a comfort, you also find argon crystals in the void, which you need for a whole host of gear

This is also true, so its smart to make ur way first to the void.

5 hours ago, (PS4)HawiianPnch said:

Brilliant! Never would've thought about that. I just assumed it would be too hard of a mission.

It might be for combat, but the goal of the mission is to find your way to the room with the Ayatan, collect it, then get to Extraction. No combat required. Stop along the way to clear out side rooms, and you should be able to get the Control Module you need without fighting anything.