Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constant Impact damage is ruining my Broken War build! Help!

A_So-So_Sniper

Question

I know Broken War primarily does slash damage, so the mods I've been using to enhance that strength. Here is the list of all the mods I'm currently using for this weapon. Please don't tell me this build is bad or anything else that doesn't solve this one particular problem. Just let me play the game my way.

All of these mods are at max level:

Pressure Point

Fury

Molten Impact

Fever Strike

Buzz Kill

Jagged Edge

True Steel

Drifting Contact

(Stance) Swooping Falcon

IMO this is a decent build when you want a lot of slash damage. However, for some unknown reason, this slash damage seems have a lesser chance of occurring than Impact damage, so much so that I literally deal Impact damage every single time I hit something

I have no idea why this is happening. I'm not using any mod that guarantees Impact damage. No Warframe has any passives related to status effects. Someone on Region chat suggested it might be the stance, so I swapped it out for another and the results were nearly identical.

Please give me an explanation for why this is happening. I really want to use this sword to the best of its ability, but I can't do that when it's doing Impact damage all the time.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by A_So-So_Sniper

9 answers to this question

15 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

According to the Wiki, Broken War's normal attacks have a guaranteed Impact proc. So the problem is the weapon itself.

So how are you supposed to take advantage of the sword's crazy slash damage if it's a guaranteed impact proc? It's apparently the most powerful sword, but there's a guaranteed chance of NOT using that power? WTF????

36 minutes ago, A_So-So_Sniper said:

So how are you supposed to take advantage of the sword's crazy slash damage if it's a guaranteed impact proc? It's apparently the most powerful sword, but there's a guaranteed chance of NOT using that power? WTF????

You can take advantage of the slash damage just fine. You just won't take advantage of slash procs on a weapon with 10% base status even if it didn't have forced impact procs.