Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove the Void defense lasers or these trolls will keep pressing them

-Sentient-

I am pretty sure people have come up with this suggestion a lot of times, but il say it again

Please remove them or simply remove the damage it does to us, as people tend to troll with them

You may say "Oh just stay in the middle" ,but by staying in that 360 circle you're gonna get killed so easily 

This is an example of the toxic trolls that can come and do it

ngpKaeM.jpg

I saw the guy pressing buttons and killing everyone when people where in front of it, i did an experiment and i saw him doing it, i also took a video but I won't link it due to being Name shaming

and no, the solution is not "Stay in the middle" or "Jump over them", people need to get out of the circle to gather resources or to kill the enemy,and dont forget the Nova and Loki trolls who like to teleport you rigth in front of the lasers and kill you.

The solution is to remove the friendly damage, simple as that.

Edited by Letter13
Please avoid pinging staff
  • Like 1

I kind of agree that it's a problematic thing. Void Defence map itself is not bad but those lasers literally invite trolls and braindead patients to ruin everyone's fun. I don't see a reason for them to be there either, no other Defence map has such thing so I wonder why is Void one exception. It's old map, it's here for a pretty long time already and it could use some love. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Edited by CoreXCZ

Just now, CoreXCZ said:

I kind of agree that it's a problematic thing. Void Defence map itself is not bad but those laser literally invite trolls and braindead patients to ruin everyone's fun. I don't see a reason for them to be there either, no other Defence map has such thing so I wonder why is Void one exception. It's old map, it's here for a pretty long time already and it could use some love. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I like these lasers mechanics and diferent defense stuff, it makes defense more complex and diferent

problem is the self damage it does.

Like all lasers in warframe that arent mobile weapons that we use, they harm you. Its not hard to dodge them or avoid them in anyway. If the only area your going to is infront of those laser or in the circle of the defense point your practically asking for it. Yes its a troll if its a big issue report the player or simply get back at him. The laser also has to recharge, simply use them yourself when no ones in front of it and then use that time its recharging to do what you want. Or ... as usual.. play solo.

The laser would probably be better if it act like how grineer turret does.

Imagine controllable turret that shot continuous void-based laser, can be aimed by player, and best of all, didn't cause friendly fire.

And there are 4 of them in void defense. So everyone could get their share of fun as well through the long waves there!

Edited by Renseiryuu
  • Like 3

Just now, (XB1)Lwyu said:

Like all lasers in warframe that arent mobile weapons that we use, they harm you. Its not hard to dodge them or avoid them in anyway. If the only area your going to is infront of those laser or in the circle of the defense point your practically asking for it. Yes its a troll if its a big issue report the player or simply get back at him. The laser also has to recharge, simply use them yourself when no ones in front of it and then use that time its recharging to do what you want. Or ... as usual.. play solo.

The solution is not to "Play solo" , 

is not easy to stay in one place, you need to go everywhere and shoot everything, this is a fast-paced game

The solution is to remove friendly fire from it,and these lasers aren't like the death orb ones, these instakill you

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

A klaxon style warning horn would be enough to resolve these complaints.

Or, you know, you could just remain at the defense cryopod...Anything the lasers can hit could as easily have been shot from the defense objective or the walkway just above it.

Is not easy to stay on one place where you are getting shoot in a 360-degree circle , Why just not remove friendly damage? 

and dont forget, Loki trolls find a way to troll by pressing laser and teleporting us there

the solution is not "Oh just stay in the middle".

The people here claiming the lasers are ok probably never got repeatedly downed by them because of trolls or low levels I'm guessing. The lasers move fast and are instakill for most if not all frames that come in contact with it (haven't tested that out), it's a gimmick at best and should be removed or reworked into a turret like someone mentioned. These become extra frustrating when it's a sortie because there are mr4-5 players there as well

Ah the good old days of T4 Defense in the void when someone in voice chat yells THINK FAST then you hear a laser sound behind you and jump to dodge or just die.

Fun times Fun times.

You do know the lasers make a sound right before they fire right?

Anyway it shouldn't be taken away just cuz someone isn't aware of his surroundings like all the time like you're supposed to.

You could say most of us "grew up"testing our reflexes with these lasers back in the day. I have to thank everyone who has done this to me, my reflexes are really good thanks to them.

Edited by EDM774

Just now, EDM774 said:

Ah the good old days of T4 Defense in the void when someone in voice chat yells THINK FAST then you hear a laser sound behind you and jump to dodge or just die.

Fun times Fun times.

Anyway it shouldn't be taken away just cuz someone isn't aware of his surroundings like all the time like you're supposed to.

the sound is barely noticeable in battle, seriously just think for a minute, no one is aware that some random dude its gonna press the button at any time while gathering resources

its even worse in arbitrations.

• Like 1

I love me a good game of Tenno Tag...

I'm in favor of leaving them. Even though players use it to troll sometimes, they are handy when things get overwhelming. 

Just tell then they don't get xp for the laser kills and or tag them a few times and it cures them of abusing it, in my experience. 

1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

Fun times Fun times.

Exactly. DE should also enable friendly fire by default, not just with rad procs. If someone's against it, they are just lazy.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

The people here claiming the lasers are ok probably never got repeatedly downed by them because of trolls or low levels I'm guessing. The lasers move fast and are instakill for most if not all frames that come in contact with it (haven't tested that out), it's a gimmick at best and should be removed or reworked into a turret like someone mentioned. These become extra frustrating when it's a sortie because there are mr4-5 players there as well

Back before the relic key rework I used to play nothing but T4 defense with Mag. You guessed wrong.