Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give a purpose to dual daggers

Phantz_027

Dual daggers and daggers are and have been for quite a long time a next to useless weapon class. DE has still not responded to this. The puny damage, critical chance is just not good enough for anything level 40+. But at least some warframes like Ash can make use of daggers with Covert Lethality. Covert Lethality gave daggers a purpose. But why no love for dual daggers? are they not daggers? Why can't we just use covert lethality on dual daggers. That'll make both daggers and dual daggers a USABLE weapon class on cetain warframes. Please DE, for the love of god, give some love to dual daggers, I just wanna use my Fang Primes on higher level missions.

Edited by Phantz_027

To be honest, I think we'll just have to wait for melee 3.0. Even though i think it will take the whole 2019 for it to be fleshed out.
I personally want more and better staff weapons and don't want them to be inferior/ingredients of polearms

Not to mention there is only 1 warfan at the moment so, we need alot to fix. but we will have to wait (a long time).

P.S I really do wish spearguns can be used as melee weapons as staffs.

As people had said: wait for melee 3.0 first then we can start thinking about this.

I also think that "dual daggers have no purpose" is a stupid argument. Same can be said for any melee weapon type: staffs, polearms, dual swords...

The problem is not that dual daggers dont have a purpose, they're just bad as melee weapons due to stats that make them inferior to everything else.
They're supposed to be just style choice, just like other melee types, but it just happens that no weapons in that category are good.
Frankly, machetes suffer same issues and i want to use normal daggers outside of stealth takedowns too. So, there's that.

So yeah... Melee 3.0 might be an answer. We'll have to wait.

There's nothing inherently wrong with dual daggers, just with the dual dagger weapons that exist in the game right now.

Fang Prime having close to 0 critical and status chance is not a consequence of it being a dual dagger, it's a consequence of being an awful weapon.

As has been said ad nauseam, we just have to hope a sweeping change to the category is made in Melee 3.0. And to machetes.

5 hours ago, Artek94 said:

i want to use normal daggers outside of stealth takedowns too.

Have you not used Pointed Wind? The multipliers on every attack are insane. I can top damage fairly consistently with Rakta Dark Dagger.

I have an idea for dual daggers, but it's not about damage or stats, it's just an additional feature.

So, what I can suggest on dual daggers, is the ability to perform a stealth finisher on two targets at the same time, if they are standing next to each other of course. Cuz I often notice couples of grineers standing next to each other when I sneak around, and maybe with two daggers you can finish them both with a stylish move like in Assassin's Creed or Deus Ex.

This is the double kill scenario:

23j34fq.jpg

37 minutes ago, Heidelgard said:

I have an idea for dual daggers, but it's not about damage or stats, it's just an additional feature.

So, what I can suggest on dual daggers, is the ability to perform a stealth finisher on two targets at the same time, if they are standing next to each other of course. Cuz I often notice couples of grineers standing next to each other when I sneak around, and maybe with two daggers you can finish them both with a stylish move like in Assassin's Creed or Deus Ex.

This is the double kill scenario:

23j34fq.jpg

That's a pretty awesome idea actually. Even if they don't do custom stealth kills for it when you kill 2 at the same time, and just make it repeat the animation twice, it'll be an awesome addition. I'd suggest you make a thread specifically about this, it'll gain more attention that a post on another thread

18 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

That's a pretty awesome idea actually. Even if they don't do custom stealth kills for it when you kill 2 at the same time, and just make it repeat the animation twice, it'll be an awesome addition. I'd suggest you make a thread specifically about this, it'll gain more attention that a post on another thread

Thanks for supporting this idea! I actually opened a topic about this like a month ago, but now is lost in the archive of the old threads.

So I just took the chance to bring up this idea again  😁

To OP: sorry for going out topic in this post, I'm just answering who quoted me

Edited by Heidelgard
Text to OP
  • Like 1