The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Pablo says he would rework Vauban the next time he eats tacos!

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Have been talking too people for a while now (though not on the official forums) who have been trying that. Hell, even DE partners like Rahetalius cant get anything done it looks like. Also as I mentioned in another forum look at how much of a big deal people made near 6 months back when the deluxe skin dropped. When confronted in chat (multiple times) about a rework they said they had nothing in the works, which made people ask, then why would we invest in the skin??? So we got that horrible change to Tesla and they switched out his passive (good change) when the deluxe skin dropped, which sadly, was I believe to save face and keep people still interested in the skin. Because here we are 6 months later (or close to it) and we get taco jokes. It just doesn't look good, especially when people have supported the Devs by buying tennogen to support the game (I own all of Vauban's tennogen outside his weapon skins that dropped with deluxe) but never see the frames they invested in compete with newer frames. 

Edit: Yeah people have been saying it was just a joke but I dont find it funny if it actually is one. Im sure MANY people would be happy if a Dev just came out and said no were not working on X, or yes were currently working on X. But in Vauban's case we have had neither.  

Edited by zen625
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zen625 said:

Have been talking too people for a while now (though not on the official forums) who have been trying that. Hell, even DE partners like Rahetalius cant get anything done it looks like. Also as I mentioned in another forum look at how much of a big deal people made near 6 months back when the deluxe skin dropped. When confronted in chat (multiple times) about a rework they said they had nothing in the works, which made people ask, then why would we invest in the skin??? So we got that horrible change to Tesla and they switched out his passive (good change) when the deluxe skin dropped, which sadly, was I believe to save face and keep people still interested in the skin. Because here we are 6 months later (or close to it) and we get taco jokes. It just doesn't look good, especially when people have supported the Devs by buying tennogen to support the game (I own all of Vauban's tennogen outside his weapon skins that dropped with deluxe) but never see the frames they invested in compete with newer frames. 

its either one of these

Laziness

or

They are trolling us and they are actually gonna do it.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Hold him to it.

Issue I have with this is, if you're holding him to it then you're holding him to a rework in a years time. Is that a fair length of time to wait?

I can't really think of a decent analogy for this, but frankly it feels very much like a broken product is being deliberately ignored. Broken products should be, imo at least, the absolute priority for any non service-company. 

It hurts sales, it upsets customers, it gets you a bad rep, it causes nothing but problems. This is of course further exacerbated by... unfortunate twitter posts that fail to acknowledge any of this, and really just tell everyone (in this context) making Vauban threads that their posts are worthless, because why bother posting, why bother caring, if nothing's going to happen for a year?

Why should we hold him to a rework in a years time when Vauban (and other frames) need their reworks now.... Yesterday.... Last year.... All of the above... You know?

I dunno, I guess I feel a lot more strongly about this than I originally thought.

Ight hes not working on it judging by his responses to me in his twitch chat. He mentioned Rebecca on a twitch stream (and I pointed out she says there just tweaks not a rework). Which is sad since hes sooo good at what he does in my personal opinion. I guess thats that sadly then for me since judging by his response he doesn't have a single clue if anyone else is working on him (not expecting him too but that joke had me hopeful). Dont troll to hard peeps if your jumping in there please. XD alot of people pokeing him about Vauban as I type. 

3 minutes ago, zen625 said:

Ight hes not working on it judging by his responses to me in his twitch chat. He mentioned Rebecca on a twitch stream (and I pointed out she says there just tweaks not a rework). Which is sad since hes sooo good at what he does in my personal opinion. I guess thats that sadly then for me since judging by his response he doesn't have a single clue if anyone else is working on him (not expecting him too but that joke had me hopeful). Dont troll to hard peeps if your jumping in there please. XD alot of people pokeing him about Vauban as I type. 

He probably shouldn't have stated he would work on Vauban if he... doesn't really know what's going on with Vauban, and from the sounds of it has absolutely no plans to either...

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

He probably shouldn't have stated he would work on Vauban if he... doesn't really know what's going on with Vauban, and from the sounds of it has absolutely no plans to either...

Yeah thats what I hear. Im sure he thought it was a good joke but for people who invested in Vauban it kinda stings a bit....

• Like 1

Just now, zen625 said:

Im sure he thought it was a good joke

Could anyone explain this to me actually.

I'd like to think that I have a pretty good sense of humour, and can see the joke even if I don't necessarily find it funny.

In this instance however I'm not sure what could be considered funny. It's like saying you'll buy a Microwave the next time you shop at Tesco. It's just... a statement of fact, as far as I can see.

Its confirmed boys and girls

He said he has no plans on reworking Vauban and he isn't aware of any plans by DE.

He said he works on reworks when he feels inspired to do it.

So we will probably get another one of those "Vauban now can charge bounce to jump higher"  buff  xD

RIP Vauban 2013 - 2019

just like @MirageKnight Said

"You heard it hear folks....we were trolled by a dev over a much needed buff for an under-used and under-performing Frame..."

Edited by -Sentient-

Peoples taste in subjects differs alot. He said he thought it was a good troll, I think, making reference to the warframe community trolling. I dont find it funny but to him it might be. I mean as a developer he gets all the tennogen for free maybe? So he doesn't understand how someone who mains Vauban feels after buying all said tennogen and working with his outdated kit for so long? Sorry I really dont find it funny either, Im having trouble playing devils advocate.

• Like 1

Just now, GinKenshin said:

That’s an interesting little info....if only there was a thread dedicated to pablo reworking vauban that you could’ve posted this in....too bad I guess, might as well make a new thread 

its to make it more visible, the comments regarding this were in the end.

on Twitter he said he'd rework Vauban the next time he eats tacos, so somebody needs to steal a Taco Truck, crash it into his house, and then force-feed him the Tacos. then we get our Vauban rework. 

OR

we could kidnap him and lock him in a Taco Bell with no other supplies but what's already in there (and unplug any vending machines inside). his only option would be to dig in or starve to death.

in all seriousness though, if we push hard enough, someone else might step up to the plate. it worked with Nyx, Ember, Saryn and others, it could work again. sadly there just aren't enough Tenno who care about Vauban, even Rahetalius himself seems hopeless.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

on Twitter he said he'd rework Vauban the next time he eats tacos, so somebody needs to steal a Taco Truck, crash it into his house, and then force-feed him the Tacos. then we get our Vauban rework. 

OR

we could kidnap him and lock him in a Taco Bell with no other supplies but what's already in there (and unplug any vending machines inside). his only option would be to dig in or starve to death.

in all seriousness though, if we push hard enough, someone else might step up to the plate. it worked with Nyx, Ember, Saryn and others, it could work again. sadly there just aren't enough Tenno who care about Vauban, even Rahetalius himself seems hopeless.

But non pablo reworks aren't that good 😞

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sadly there just aren't enough Tenno who care about Vauban

Too bad popularity goes hand in hand with usefulness. There's a reason no one cares about Vauban due to how dated his kit is, and Nyx suffered the same problem. CC was good 4 years ago in Trials and other modes to shutdown enemies. This has since changed through many enemies with resistances.

DPS and buffers is where things have shifted through ESO, Arbitrations, Eidolons, and now Orbs.

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

it's non-pablo or nothing at the moment. Pablo can't be the only guy in the ENTIRE company that has good ideas for Vauban, someone else just needs to have the balls (pun intended) to give Vauban a shot. he's done good work on other frames but I reckon if the others really knuckled down, we could get something. lord knows there's plenty feedback threads about him from ages ago that they could go through for inspiration.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

What frames has he reworked, I've honestly forgot? I know of Nezha and Saryn's rework, one of which was decent and the other created maybe one of the most busted frame in the game, which isn't the strongest pattern, are there others? 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

Well I tried. Pablo has no idea if Railjack or Vauban rework will come first. Kinda guessing there not even working on him at all. Probably working on one of the 5 or 6 frames they have planned for 2019, that will make Vauban even more redundant as a purely CC frame, as the state of the game continues forward in a ever increasing damage race to kill as many enemy's as possible in as little time as possible.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

What frames has he reworked, I've honestly forgot? I know of Nezha and Saryn's rework, one of which was decent and the other created maybe one of the most busted frame in the game, which isn't the strongest pattern, are there others? 

Well the saryn one may be power creep, but Nezha one was very decent