Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Or Dread

(PSN)SomeBadVibes

Question

7 answers to this question

They're two very different weapons for 2 different jobs. Dreads great against single targets or enemies in a line and you'll want to aim for headshots because it focuses on crit, while Ignis will just melt everything in front of you and has good status chance. They're both pretty good but maybe go for the Ignis Wraith instead of the regular one, though it does require MR9 and you have to join a clan that actually has it, or trade for it.

Ignis Wraith, compared to Ignis:

• Higher base damage (35.0 vs. 33.0)
  • Higher critical chance (17% vs. 11%)
  • Higher critical multiplier (2.5x vs. 2x)
  • Higher status chance (29% vs. 27%)
  • Larger magazine (200 rounds vs. 150 rounds)
  • Larger max ammo capacity (800 rounds vs. 750 rounds)
  • Faster reload speed (1.7 s vs. 2 s)
  • Higher Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 5)
  • Longer reach (27 meters vs 20 meters)

Edited by AXCrusnik

18 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

They're two very different weapons for 2 different jobs. Dreads great against single targets or enemies in a line and you'll want to aim for headshots because it focuses on crit, while Ignis will just melt everything in front of you and has good status chance. They're both pretty good but maybe go for the Ignis Wraith instead of the regular one, though it does require MR9 and you have to join a clan that actually has it, or trade for it.

Ignis Wraith, compared to Ignis:

• Higher base damage (35.0 vs. 33.0)
  • Higher critical chance (17% vs. 11%)
  • Higher critical multiplier (2.5x vs. 2x)
  • Higher status chance (29% vs. 27%)
  • Larger magazine (200 rounds vs. 150 rounds)
  • Larger max ammo capacity (800 rounds vs. 750 rounds)
  • Faster reload speed (1.7 s vs. 2 s)
  • Higher Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 5)
  • Longer reach (27 meters vs 20 meters)

Cheers for the quick reply

As someone with around 2,000 hours using Ignis I feel I need to warn you that Ignis has a chance of making you incredibly lazy when fighting content under lvl 100. I have a lot of fully forma'd and Riven powered weapons but if the content I'm doing is under lvl 100. I use Ignis, every time. As a weapon it can't be beaten in it's ability to gain you extra resources, Endo, Credits, Ayatan, Ayatan Stars. All that stuff.

I used to drop the weapon after lvl 60 or so unless I was using a damage buff frame but DE decided to make the weapon less effective at farming and more effective at killing yet there's still nothing on par with it's farming performance so it gets used with a little more effort now and in return scales further. I kinda wish they'd left it the way it was but it's always been a great Utility weapon regardless.

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

As someone with around 2,000 hours using Ignis I feel I need to warn you that Ignis has a chance of making you incredibly lazy when fighting content under lvl 100. I have a lot of fully forma'd and Riven powered weapons but if the content I'm doing is under lvl 100. I use Ignis, every time. As a weapon it can't be beaten in it's ability to gain you extra resources, Endo, Credits, Ayatan, Ayatan Stars. All that stuff.

I used to drop the weapon after lvl 60 or so unless I was using a damage buff frame but DE decided to make the weapon less effective at farming and more effective at killing yet there's still nothing on par with it's farming performance so it gets used with a little more effort now and in return scales further. I kinda wish they'd left it the way it was but it's always been a great Utility weapon regardless.

If you don't mind could you show me your Ignis Build? 

12 hours ago, (PS4)SomeBadVibes said:

If you don't mind could you show me your Ignis Build? 

I use almost what was posted except Primed Shred in place of Vigilante which might take time to get. I refuse to give up it's awesome can opener prowess but makes Rivens just about impossible to roll. I swap P. Cryo for Viral against Corpus or if I'm lazy and 90%x2 Corrosive for Infested. I use a Viral + Rad build for Utility.

I kinda gave up on Gas after it became a Crit weapon. I don't notice much difference from P. Cryo Viral when using P. Shred.

Edited by Xzorn