The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need a Equinox Revisit

(PSN)lll-Duckie-lll

I’ve been playing Equinox and I absolutely love her, but I notice somethings that I wish would change. Let me go one idea at a time to break it down a little 

• I wish we could have separate modding for day and night form where we can mod it separately and not have to make a build for both at the same time because I am sure some Equinox players would love to have different builds when they or in night or day form. 

• Her 4th, I want her 4th to be casted a little bit faster, if I counted correctly it takes 2 seconds to cast her 4th I would love if it took 1.5 seconds or 1 second, but I understand you can have casting speed mods on your build but in my opinion it’s a waste of mod space already since you have to build for both night and day form. 

• Finally and the most important one. Equinox players most if not all want this, which is separate Fashion frame settings, which would be like when we are Fashion framing Equinox we can pick our colors we want in night and day form without worrying about another color coming into the night or Day form and completely ruin it. Even some non-Equinox players would agree that she needs this because she’s ugly when you have to make a fashion frame combination that matches, I mean, let’s be perfectly honest. 

Those are just the things I would like but this is all personal opinion, others may disagree and some may agree. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Legendary-Gecko said:

players would love to have different builds when they or in night or day form

People would love to have the ideal build for every one of their abilities. You have to choose what to build up and what to sacrifice. It's the entire reason there's modding.

Im still crafting equinox rn but ive seen her in action i partially agree with the first one but the rest sounds like its subjective and most are happy as is though separate modding on the two aspects would mean even more farming as the single copies of mods won't work on both (like having a shotgun mod on two different shotguns both equipped at once) though if anything needed changed itd be farming and crafting her

it takes 3 times as long to craft her due to the aspects both taking the same length of time as a normal frame (3days) then the overall crafting starts taking it to 9 days total... I've heard she's powerful but i doubt anything is powerful enough to justify 9 days crafting and anything that can justify it shouldn't exist in the game so if anything needed changed itd be halving the craft time and fixing up the drop rates i kept getting day stuff constantly it must've been around 50-60 tries to get the stuffs

46 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

We really don't, she works really well as she currently is, and a revisit is a risk I wouldn't want to take.

I’d say she falls under the “functional, but riddled with bad design” category. She functionally has seven abilities, (I’m counting Day and Night Metamorphosis as one), but only 3 of them are ever really used (Maim, Rest, and Pacify, but Pacify only gets used with its augment). Form swapping is supposed to be her whole thing, but it’s cumbersome and punishes you for doing it by switching off all of your abilities. And the way her abilities scale off of power stats encourages you to invest 100% in one ability and dump everything else. 

The power is undeniably present in her kit, but her gameplay is a hollow shell of the epitome-of-adaptability kind of Warframe that she’s billed to be. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

I’d say she falls under the “functional, but riddled with bad design” category. She functionally has seven abilities, (I’m counting Day and Night Metamorphosis as one), but only 3 of them are ever really used (Maim, Rest, and Pacify, but Pacify only gets used with its augment). Form swapping is supposed to be her whole thing, but it’s cumbersome and punishes you for doing it by switching off all of your abilities. And the way her abilities scale off of power stats encourages you to invest 100% in one ability and dump everything else. 

The power is undeniably present in her kit, but her gameplay is a hollow shell of the epitome-of-adaptability kind of Warframe that she’s billed to be. 

This, at least i would expect for the buildup from Peaceful Provocation to not be canceled all the time when your energy runs out or a nully bubble touches you, not even to carry over the other form, because it takes some time to build it to any meaningful level to cc, switching forms to give ability strength would be useful too, i guess, but i don't think the frame was designed to switch forms mid game from the get go seeing how clunky and counterintuitive it is.

You expect an Invoker kind of character and you get one that can switch forms for no reason whatsoever, the forms don't even have any synergy.

• Like 1

As an fan of Equinox, I wouldn't say that she needs a rework, instead I would say she needs some quality of life changes to her abilities.

Her ability passive isn't all that useful; It doesn't synergize with any of her abilities and it feels kinda tacked on. I would move the form-dependent buffs from her 1st ability into her passive ability. And In exchange, either reduce the energy cost of her 1st ability, or make it free.

Have her Day-Form's 2nd ability Rage not speed up enemies, but instead reduce their accuracy with their weapons, or force them into melee for the duration. The idea is they're so enraged, they can't shoot straight. Since most Equinox players, even ones using the maim build, don't use ability strength and often reduce it for increased range, this added change to will make the 2nd ability Rage useful even with reduced power strength.

And make the effects of Energy Transfer as default part of her 3rd and 4th abilities and longer an augment.

That's all I can think of on the top of my head.

I love Equinox, but the problem I have is why change forms, if it's slow, it costs energy, and you can't carry over the numbers you worked for in your previous form? That's a reason why people tend to stay in one form over the other. I don't mind the people choosing to do that. But I do like to change forms in the middle of a mission to bring in the right tools to help my team or hurt my enemies.

Edited by A-keras
Added more QoL things I would like to see changed about Equinox.

Strongly disagree with all of these points.

One thing that I'd like is a passive that makes sense, not even taking into account how she does benefit from a bit of extra energy economy, but something that can help anyhow. The problem isn't only with Equinox however, it's with all of the frames who got a tiny gimmick passive that mostly are just there to fill the passive hole.

Something that should definitely be checked back should be the gfx on her Duality augment so her other half doesn't ragdoll and banish when it ends.

Edited by ScytodiDaedalus
Forgot something to add