Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe - original visuals discussion (My 1st time making a Topic)

(PSN)Justinsane-HD

Anyone else think it would be cool if we had a choice to change some of the warframe visuals back to look like the original concept just like the way they had it before in 2013?

- Grineer speaking English

- Realistic Sci-Fi atmosphere

- Realistic audio (Gun sounds, codex/radio-like sound built in the warframes when the lotus speaks, footsteps, terminal sounds, ect..

-  Old HUD

- A few realistic animations like the look of someone rolling (Space ninja or tactical-like)

- A Darker ambient

- A More Serious look to the game

Ect...

Example #1:

Warframe's original concept was supposed to be like this (A Dark, space sci-fi shooter) before Dark Sector

Example #2:

I really miss the old visuals. Always was a big fan of Dark sector and Warframe. I feel like now it's a bit too bright and less realistic. They really changed the tone that was supposed to be set for Warframe. It would be cool to be able to change the visuals back this way or some how have it to be this way again by putting it back in the game.

Edited by (PS4)Justinsane-HD
Someone misunderstood
  • Like 1

it has better lighting now, so i definitely dont miss it

darker ambience is cool and maybe they should stick with that for grineer and infested factions, but corpus shouldnt be dark. theyre a technologically advanced faction so they should have bright, clean sterile looking tiles (exactly what theyre doing with jupiter rework)

Edited by Ragingwasabi

There are things I liked more back then like having to aim at enemy weak points, lesser and more meaningful enemies and the dark atmosphere.

I still remember the first time an Infested Ancient roared at me from the darkness and came thundering towards me with others at it's side as I backpedaled spraying bullets in panic. Such things just aren't in the game anymore and it's unfortunate. A lot of sound effects were also probably removed due to the increased number of units.

I don't really miss buttslides and coptering but at the same time it was Parkour 2.0 that took the terror out of Infested as a faction. Grineer were aim-bots back then and easily the hardest faction. Funny to think back when I used to think Corpus were the best designed with projectile weapons instead of hit-scan.

Even when they try to make something spooky like Harrow's quest most players just bullet through it.

Heh, come to think of it. Enemies are so hyper sensitive to ally deaths now I doubt you could do a stealth run now without abilities.

Edited by Xzorn

42 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

it has better lighting now, so i definitely dont miss it

darker ambience is cool and maybe they should stick with that for grineer and infested factions, but corpus shouldnt be dark. theyre a technologically advanced faction so they should have bright, clean sterile looking tiles (exactly what theyre doing with jupiter rework)

Wait they are doing a Jupiter rework? I have to check this out

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Heh, come to think of it. Enemies are so hyper sensitive to ally deaths now I doubt you could do a stealth run now without abilities.

I can tell you from direct experience that it's virtually impossible to kill enemies and maintain true stealth without using a combo of noise, sleep, and channeling or a weapon that destroys the body.  Ivara is the only frame that can do it continuously, and Ash is close but only in certain mission types.  Loki could probably do it, but would have to avoid using  any of his other powers besides invisibility.  Maybe Equinox as well, but I'm still not sure about that one.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

There are things I liked more back then like having to aim at enemy weak points, lesser and more meaningful enemies and the dark atmosphere.

I still remember the first time an Infested Ancient roared at me from the darkness and came thundering towards me with others at it's side as I backpedaled spraying bullets in panic. Such things just aren't in the game anymore and it's unfortunate. A lot of sound effects were also probably removed due to the increased number of units.

I don't really miss buttslides and coptering but at the same time it was Parkour 2.0 that took the terror out of Infested as a faction. Grineer were aim-bots back then and easily the hardest faction. Funny to think back when I used to think Corpus were the best designed with projectile weapons instead of hit-scan.

Even when they try to make something spooky like Harrow's quest most players just bullet through it.

I agree, I miss a lot of that, I forgot to mention that as well. I wish the weak points were back in as well.

And yes that's what I would like to see in now and have more horror experience like yours with the infested. You panicking and shooting was me when I 1st played dead space. I would like that experience again

Parkour 1.0 had some cool wall running and rolling but i do not miss coptering, that's one thing I'm glad is gone. 

And yeah thats why I wanted to take my time with the harrow quest.

As for stealth, same here. I can never do stealth missions anymore without abilities. I'm actually gonna try the next time I'm on

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Gonna stop you right there. This is way too much (and too subjective) to just be a setting you can flip.

It's not as subjective as you might think. There are many sub categories of Science Fiction for this reason.

Realistic Sci-fi might mean kin to hard Sci-fi which is based in Scientific accuracy. Examples like Interstellar, The Martian, Blade Runner or Altered Carbon. Plausible things that can and might happen in the future. Well.... except the end of Interstellar... lets pretend that's not there.

Warframe of yesteryear was far closer to a hard sci-fi concept than Warframe of today which has taken far more liberties to the point of having magical children save the Galaxy. It's quite a few hops through the spectrum of Sci-fi. Where exactly you want to put it is subjective I suppose but it's certainly in a much different place.

8 hours ago, Xzorn said:

It's not as subjective as you might think. There are many sub categories of Science Fiction for this reason.

Realistic Sci-fi might mean kin to hard Sci-fi which is based in Scientific accuracy. Examples like Interstellar, The Martian, Blade Runner or Altered Carbon. Plausible things that can and might happen in the future. Well.... except the end of Interstellar... lets pretend that's not there.

Warframe of yesteryear was far closer to a hard sci-fi concept than Warframe of today which has taken far more liberties to the point of having magical children save the Galaxy. It's quite a few hops through the spectrum of Sci-fi. Where exactly you want to put it is subjective I suppose but it's certainly in a much different place.

Agreed. Well said

17 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Tell me, what kind of setting you could just flip in the Options Menu could just make this happen?

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God

2 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Tell me, what kind of setting you could just flip in the Options Menu could just make this happen?

I never said there was I said it should or would be cool IF there was an option to change the visuals back to the way it was with that atmosphere. Examples are like legacy color pallets, the constant weapon trail, particle fx, bloom, ect..

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Justinsane-HD said:

I never said there was I said it should or would be cool IF there was an option to change the visuals back to the way it was with that atmosphere. Examples are like legacy color pallets, the constant weapon trail, particle fx, bloom, ect..

Thanks, I had no clue you were talking about a hypothetical change to the game. 

Now, what kind of setting could you just flip in the options menu to make a change as drastic to this?

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Thanks, I had no clue you were talking about a hypothetical change to the game. 

Now, what kind of setting could you just flip in the options menu to make a change as drastic to this?

You dont even have a clue at all of what I was saying. Don't come here with that ignorant stuff please. I didn't ask for an arguement, or chain of your assumptions. If you dont like what I'm trying to discuss, make your disagreement and move on.

you obviously didnt read or understand what the post was about

Why are you replying if you didnt even bother to read what was said? I made it clear and you are asking a question that was already answered.

My question is, where did you get off thinking I'm specifically saying it HAS to be a simple flip in the option or even HAVE to be in the game? I'm saying SHOULD be able to change the VISUALS like this. it doesn't have to be exactly like something that's already in the game now. It was in the game before, for an example like the legacy U.I. 

What is your purpose replying over and over asking the same question again?

Ehh...probably never gonna happend in a million year. It would take an enormous amount of work to implement something like this. Legacy stuffs exist, but probably impossible to make them work with current system. Even if they can, they won't. They had already made the decision to move pass the old design (for whatever reasons justified internally) and went with the new one. Well, maybe a toggle-able filter (similar to reshade) can replicate something like that, but the results would be mediocre at best.

On a personal note, I'd prefer faction tileset of warframe to be more "serious", "realistic" and grittier than the current one. Everything is too clean-looking, even the infected tileset and lacking detailed texture.

Edited by matkiencan138
  • Like 1

I think it's more how you lose a game as you gain another over time.

It's typical of long term online games. Sometimes the changes aren't to a player's liking for nostalgia reasons or otherwise.

It's pretty common for groups in those situations to play emulated versions of that game. WoW had classic emu servers. Ultima Online has them. EQ has the very long time running P99. There's a solid number of players who'd rather play the classic variant of a game over what's presented to them at present day. Of course there isn't such a thing for Warframe and so we can only hope the Devs one day decide to pay tribute to that gritty Sci-fi they started with.

8 hours ago, matkiencan138 said:

Ehh...probably never gonna happend in a million year. It would take an enormous amount of work to implement something like this. Legacy stuffs exist, but probably impossible to make them work with current system. Even if they can, they won't. They had already made the decision to move pass the old design (for whatever reasons justified internally) and went with the new one. Well, maybe a toggle-able filter (similar to reshade) can replicate something like that, but the results would be mediocre at best.

On a personal note, I'd prefer faction tileset of warframe to be more "serious", "realistic" and grittier than the current one. Everything is too clean-looking, even the infected tileset and lacking detailed texture.

Very true and I agree. I wonder exactly what made them change the look? I notice a lot of developers change major things that makes the core of their game look so great and it tilts my head sometimes but ahh well.

I guess I'm gonna have to keep dreaming about it. Would be crazy if these types of things are possible to be somehow in the game again and yeah I would atleast like a tileset too, definitely looks to clean and friendly for space

I only agree about the dark theme. I would at least like to see this in some types of missions/nodes. The infested tiles and darkness of Chains of Harrow quest for example was a great change of mood to the maps that I wish to see more than once a year during the Halloween event. I love the parkour as it is right now, but sometimes it's really nice to have a reason to slow down a bit. I'm not a big fan of the current goofyness we got with Fortuna for example, although the static world of Vallis is great. I'd like a more serious vibe, at least outside of the orbiter and other social places. 

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 1