Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ideas for Mirage

DerGreif2

Hey there,

a few weeks ago we got list of the top 10 of uderplayed Frames in Warframe. I know that this is not to 100% a bad sigh because not every frame can be played equal. But what surprised me was to see Mirage down there and after some thinking about it I realized that they are right.

She has insane damage output and very creative abilities. I think after playing the last days with her I know what she lacks of and maybe someone will read it.

1. I would create an "Half Eclipse" Augement: both effects of eclipse apply to mirage the hole time at 20/30/40/50% of their strength. That would help her to survive longer but still would not be another 90% damage resistance while still giving a good damage buff. The abilitie is good but unreliable often times and that would help to fix it.

2. The only other thing I want to change is her 2. I dont think that in the current situation it is used in any scenario. I would replace it with a ability called "Surprise!" where mirage drops a bomb (or 5 with hall of mirrors) and make then a back flip backwards. Area of the explosion and the range of the back flip should be increased with ability range. Tat would give her another fun toy to play around that also would fit her perfectly. Dont have other real stats for this but I think it should be inline with a full charged ember fireball with a blast proc (the augment could blind the enemys to 100% and knock them around while halving the damage and double the bombs from her). It could also be used as an escape tool.

In my option that would not make her OP but fixing some problems with her.

Thank you for reading. 🙂

Edited by DerGreif2

Well, her 2 is a really good crowd control spell, but that's depending on the tileset.

The main problem she has is that she's really fun and efficient as long as you build her for Strength/Duration. But the most common build kinda negates her 2 and 4 (because of narrow-minded, and negative efficiency is a bit heavy on her 4's cost), so she's reduced to using her 1 and 3.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

The only other thing I want to change is her 2. I dont think that in the current situation it is used in any scenario.

Sleight Of Hand is a weird and underused ability, defintely, but it is far from weak / useless, I'd say.

The jewels you get on cast are a decent CC decoy / mine combo, and the variety of environmental effects that you get on top of that,
turning the enemy's machinery and whatnot against them, that's way more interesting than your "backflip bomb" idea, to be quite honest.

For reference:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mirage/Abilities

Mirage can dish out damage via weapons and Prism, so leaving this one as a CC / support tool should be fine.

Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing (the Augment be innate plskthx and) the damage aspect from the pickup explosions
made to scale somehow, or instead be replaced by some kind of lasting CC zones or something,
that's kind of the most obvious and least impressive part of the ability.

But the question is: do mirage really need CC? As we all know you build her for duration and strength. Some bombs that also give you some movement would more fitting for her and I have never seen the benefit of the 2 in any game I played mirage or saw someone. She is a DPS monster and do t really need CC. She needs movement and more protection.

But you would like to see such an augment for eclipse?

I will read some more about the 2 and come back but I don't think that even in the best case it would compliment mirage.

So ok I read the complete description and have to say it sounds like a ability for Vauban... like I already said often times it's just not worth it but that could differ from person to person. I would like just another acrobatic attack instead of some traps.

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

What? When did it crowd control? I always thought it just flashed a little light and disappeared with no effect on the enemies around it.

seriously tho it’s presence in a mission is hardly noticeable.

Believe it or not, even an AoE stagger is considered as a crowd control.

And yes, the 2 blinds, stuns, and it can also place some laser barriers on doors (which prevents enemies from entering) and so on. It's "hardly noticeable" mainly because 99% of Mirage's builds contain Blind Rage and Narrow minded, thus you have piss poor efficiency and range, so this spell isn't even worth the cast.

16 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

What? When did it crowd control? I always thought it just flashed a little light and disappeared with no effect on the enemies around it.

seriously tho it’s presence in a mission is hardly noticeable.

Not using her 2 by placing it in enemy shadows for a 700% damage multiplier means wasting time casting her 4 to tap it when close to a enemy for max damage. Aka its presence while not instantly obvious can have a very strong impact. Problem is how the game detects shadows sometimes causing the S#&$ty mine effect.

Personally id make it so that her 2 and 3 always do their shadow effect, but then also gain the light effects ontop if her 4 is up or have it gain part of a bonus ontop of environmental lighting depending on if 4 is active or not (sure, less interesting for map/positioning of the player, but would give her direct control over her kit and a incentive to use all skills).