Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

Difficulty changes in game mechanics problem.

IfritKajiTora

This post was created for DE to read this and give them some ideas for incoming difficulty fixes. Hopefully they will read it, which not often happens, sadly šŸ˜ž

1.The enemies and our damage.

Problem nr.1:
On higher leveled missions there are TOO many enemies on the map, which makes AoE weapons and abilities more useful, if not the only best option. Making combatĀ kind of unpredictable, even if you try to shoot them or hide, there will be always one guy that shoots you from random direction, just too many of them.

Problem nr.2:
Enemies are too easy to kill, with our fully moded weapons most of them get's ONE shoted, which is kind of boring.

Fix to problem nr.1:
Reduce the amount of enemies spawn on the map, to make snipers, bows and other NON AoE weapons and abilities useful.

Fix to problem nr.2:
With the less enemies on the map, the enemies should have MORE health andĀ shields, instead of having army of enemies that gets one shooted, but you also gets damage almost always from a guy that you didn'tĀ noticed.

Ā 

2.Non tanky warframes are screwed, non stop ability spamming to survive.

Problem:
Many people chose tanky, invisible or invincible warframes for end game, avoiding squishy warframes that don't have that type of abilities. The problem is that many of these abilities are overpowered and the enemies are doing too much damage and making it unpredictable with how many enemies spawn(Problem with enemiesĀ fixed in point 1).

Fix:
In point 1 there are fixes for enemies so there should not be a big problem with how much enemies do damage, so there is possibility to survive without using any of survival abilities.
But to make it fair and balanced many of these abilities should be nerfed.

List of abilities to nerf:

Trinity:
-LINK instead of providing 75% damage reduction should provide 60%.
-Bless up to 60% damage reduction instead of 75%.

Frost:
-Snow globe health drop to 3000, instead of 5000

Gara:
-
Damage reduction caps atĀ 75%, instead of 90%.

Inaros:
-Inaros base health at rank 30 1600 instead of 2200.

Mesa:
-Shatter shield caps at 80% damage reduction instead of 90%.

Nekros:
-Shield of shadows augment caps at 75% damage reduction instead of 90%.

Nezha:
-Warding Halo absorbs 80% damage instead of 90%.

Nidus:
-Damage redirection is capped atĀ 75% instead of 90%.

Nova:
-Null startĀ maximum of 18 particles a damage reduction of up toĀ 80%Ā instead of 90%.

Rhino:
-Iron skin base 800 health instead of 1200.

Wukong:
-Defy is clearly making him immortal, you just need to refresh this ability sometimes. But there is rework incoming, so probably nerf to this.

Also mod adaptiation nerf: Damage reduction up to 80% instead of 90%.

I know that this doesn't sound good with these nerf, because people don't like nerfs, but thanks to this we can reduce enemy damage, and squishy Warframes can still be usable without these abilities. While all Warframes that have these abilities won't be almost immortal with the less enemy damage.

Edited by IfritKajiTora
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

This post was created for DE to read

Well, you posted it in General Discussion so, good luck with that XD

Anyway, OT: I prefer the Dynasty Warriors formula, so nerfs to my ability to murder many fools with ease gets a big NO NO from me.

Mate you want a nerf. Have you tried doing a long survival ? The frames and weapons become obsolete. The problem is that most veterans want that higher scale in the beginning of the mission instead of waiting an hour or so for the mission to become hard. Which I do agree on.

1 hour ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Reduce the amount of enemies spawn on the map

Problems with reduced enemies spawns:

1. Enemies drops materials will slow down.

2. Solo mode (1 player) already have reduced enemy spawns compared to multiple players in squad.

3. Exterminate missions sometimes spawns enemies too slow, where the way-point is pointing at extraction with not enough enemies.

Ā 

Ever tried nightmare mission with energy drain modifier? This will make using Warframe abilities very difficult. There is no need to nerf Warframe abilities, if we mostly cannot use any abilities with Nightmare mission, energy drain modifier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

Problems with reduced enemies spawns:

1. Enemies drops materials will slow down.

2. Solo mode (1 player) already have reduced enemy spawns compared to multiple players in squad.

3. Exterminate missions sometimes spawns enemies too slow, where the way-point is pointing at extraction with not enough enemies.

Ā 

Ever tried nightmare mission with energy drain modifier? This will make using Warframe abilities very difficult. There is no need to nerf Warframe abilities, if we mostly cannot use any abilities with Nightmare mission, energy drain modifier.

Those are just ideas for DE:
1.Just make higher drop chance, depending on how many enemy number is reduced.
2.Yes, and even solo on higher leveled content you have a lot of enemies. So the only think I see the problem is with low leveled missions, but low leveled missions won't suffer from that.
3.Well the number of enemies needed to kill would be reduced.

I though that many stuff would be obvious.

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Nice bait title for "I want everything nerfed!"ļ»æ

Ahh ok so let buffĀ all abilities toĀ 99% damage reduction, and increase enemy damage by a lot. So making non tanki, non invisible frames even more uselessĀ :clap:
Oh and remove efficiency limit to be able to apply 90% efficiencyĀ :facepalm:
BUFFS only please, 0 nerfs.
People really are scared of nerfs. I really don't see a point with being OP and not having balanced stuff, just playing the same OP weapons and Warframes all the time. (Warframes doesn't have any tiers or mastery rank requires, so they should be balanced, use any frame you want if you know how to play them. And some weapons are too much powerful in comparing them to higher mastery ranks weapons)

36 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

BUFFS only please, 0 nerfs.
People really are scared of nerfs.

I never said buff anything. And nerfing isn't a good solution to ANYTHING except for balancing reasons. It's just another artificial difficulty you want then. Other wording same resultĀ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø... If you deal only 1% due to enemy armor or by nerfing your damage by 99%

39 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

just playing the same OP weapons and Warframes all the time.

Then don't? Use only 4 mods, or none at all if you want stupid and dumb difficulty. I want challenge (sth like Kela Reworked and to some degree Ambulas, too). Kuva Guardian were a nice addition until they got nerfed too. It was a nice new mechanic. They didn't scale immensily or were pure Bullet Sponges like Noxes. You have to figure out how it works and then use different mechanics. Orb Mother was nice as well. At first I was cursing at it until I figured it. They just went a little too far. Skipping 6 times because you are solo is just annoying

42 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

And some weapons are too much powerful in comparing them to higher mastery ranks weapons

e.g?

Show me a low MR weapon which can compete with Tigris Prime, Tiberon Prime, Gram Prime or any other MR14/15 weapon.

I would agree on Atterax, Guandao or Ignis Wraith though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I never said buff anything. And nerfing isn't a good solution to ANYTHING except for balancing reasons.ļ»æ It's just another artificial difficulty you want then. Other wording same resultĀ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø... If you deal only 1% due to enemy armor or by nerfing your damage by 99%

"But to make it fair and balanced many of these abilities should be nerfed" This is what I typed, so it's a balance reason.
If that's for you isn't balance then up there you can see what is problem with these abilities and enemies etc. Result: Warframes with no tanki or invisibility abilities will be able to survive, and Warframes even without using these abilities will be able to survive. Right now you need to use these abilities over and over again to survive, OH I forgot to recast, too bad you died LOL.

Ā 

Then don't? Use only 4 mods, or none at all if you want stupid and dumb difficulty.

The challenge is when you use 100% you can but it's still hard, not to mention that it says clearly that the game isn't balanced. Does someone goes to competition without training because it will be CHALLENGING?

Ā 

Show me a low MR weapon which can compete with Tigris Prime, Tiberon Prime, Gram Prime or any other MR14/15 weapon.

Kripath zaw as polearm - Insane range with primed reach and hybrid build with blood rush and Condition overload, this weapon have Viral and you can mod it for corrosive to reduce armor. I'm using it all the time because it's one of the best and just use it with quick melee. But it doesn't require any mastery rank, you need to acquire it via event, so we could say that it's should not be listed here.
Catchmoon - 20-40k damage, No mastery rank requires so I guess it's out of the list too.
Lenz MR8 - One shot provides 40k damage AoE killing several enemeis with ONE shot.
Ogris MR9 - AoE damage, less damage than Lenz but have a decent status chance, still killing several enemies with ONE shot. Worse than Lenz but one Master rank higher requires.
Staticor MR10 - AoE damage, killing several enemies with max charge around 12k-20k damage, normal shoots to reduce enemy armor with around 90% corrosive status chance.
POX MR9 - decent AoE, with decent damage, stripping quickly armor and knockingdown enemies when builded for 100% status with corrosive and blast status.

Not using other weapons since they are weak or don't have AoE damage to kill several enemies at once so I'm just ignoring them. Since it's a HORDE game. Too many enemies to kill one after another.

I agree with the nerfing of some of these abilities for balancing purposes. People keep screaming for challenging contentĀ while they playĀ those handful of warframes that are nigh unkillable because of their damage mitigation.Ā 

So rather thanĀ take a nerf hit people think just pumping up enemy levels to offset all that mitigation is the better choice. Unfortunately all this does is give an illusion of challenge and just creates even worse imbalances between frames.Ā 

But hey that's people for you. Its like that guy at the gym lifting a huge amount ofĀ weight but performing the movements wrong. He's too invested in the current method to admit that to go forward you need to go back.

Edited by Chaemyerelis

i mean instead of nerfing everyone dmg reduction why not just scale the enemies abit harder? that way it wont screw wit ppl builds (cuz as someone who want hard content i want to respect the ppl who only want to only play thru ez content) and its alot more simpler for DE to do cuz we all kno how long it take to rework 1 warframe imagine all of these abilities

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SutomuDrgn said:

i mean instead of nerfing everyone dmg reduction why not just scale the enemies abit harder? that way it wont screw wit ppl builds (cuz as someone who want hard content i want to respect the ppl who only want to only play thru ez content) and its alot more simpler for DE to do cuz we all kno how long it take to rework 1 warframe imagine all of these abilities

The problem that OP is talking about is the power gap between the Warframes who can tank and the Warframes who cannot. Which is a problem that would be quite severely worsened by making enemy damage scale harder.Ā 

In essence, the problem is that you canā€™t really balance player EHP when some of the playable classes are capableĀ of having tens of thousands of EHP and others are only capable of having ~1500 at the most. Thereā€™s just no way to make the game feel balanced to both ends of that spectrum at the same time.Ā 

It's not to say that I agree with this approach to it, but there needs to be some major bridging of gaps between squishy Warframes and tanky ones. The tanky ones are capable of pumping out just as much damage and CC as the squishy ones, and the squishy ones feel borderline unplayable in stuff like Arbitration missions.Ā Ā 

Edited by Gurpgork
  • Like 1