The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10: Shadows Of The Dead

[DE]Rebecca

For the love of god, please put stamina regen back to what it used to be. ffs

edit: Seriously, the best thing about this game was how fluid and free the movement felt. Why make it tedious?

agree

+ the zooming system was better before, because you get glitched when running and trying to zoom with rifle, and with pistol you can zoom only while standing still or walking, cant zoom while running.

Before it was great when you zoom, you automatically get switched to walking.

+ I see some people talking about different language packs for WF - was/is that really necessary? - I think not as much, so don't fret yourselves about it right now too much.

Still you have done a lot of work, which is great to see updates and things being taken care of, I haven't played WF for as long as maybe others here who are raging like crazy :D, but still they have a point, I really liked the fluent moves, maybe it was too fluent, but now it's really slow. And don't forget about the zooming, that's what's killing me while playing now, feels like I am glitching with 1000ms or more.

Edited by gvidzix

i noticed after a couple rounds of defeating J-2000 golem nothing drops, is it at the end of the mission that we get a part, or is the drop rate not properly set. i dont know if this can be fixed but the drop rate a of now has not yielded a single piece for nekros only the soul punch mod.

It's nice to see this but...

"Survival now takes place in procedurally generated levels, allowing greater mission variety, challenge, and replayability."

You're shoving us in larger maps to make the air supply harder to get to, with RNG drops for oxygen? I'd like to see a survival where we actually survive against enemy waves, not just suffocate.

I've also noticed the big ones only drop in certain locations before they repeat again, once you activate the last supply it spawns in the beginning of the map (60s remaining anyone?). The spawn rate seems nerfed compared to survival weekend as well.

After i switch warframe i need to wait 1-2 minutes. Esc or other options have no effect, but with Alt+F4 drop back me into the prev warframe what was selected. With and without Multi-Thread rendering come with this issue.

Edit:

After Esc, the News and alerts options are enabled, but top menu still disabled, like in Arsenal basic UI.

Edited by Nekoneechan

ok i realy hate to complain cause the game its pretty cool, and i realy hate those that just go arround insulting DE for everything, come on! people WORK realy hard for all this, you might go arround whitout sleeping playing this game, but this guys go arround whitout sleeping CREATING this game so please have some respect.

but WELL, this was a verry exciting update, and all the new stuff looks realy great, but there are some thigs that went so damn wrong =/

1.- the stamina (as you allready must know) 

ok so, this game was more like stealth at the begining but, even in one of yor streamings you told that that wasnt the way anymore this was more about speed and parkouring crazy action stuff, and then give a complete 360° whit all this.

Now, I underestand that there are some new mods that have more role about stamina and that stuff, that could make the action posible but that need slots, slots that are allready beeing used to balance or boost some frames, i underestand that is an attempt to shake things arround and stop the "PERFECT ONLY" configurations from warframes, (that is why there are A B C configurations) BUT it can be done for another stuff, whitout sacrificing the smoothness of the gameplay that was allready REALY GREAT (if anit broken dont fix it).

but well the mods are allready done and you did all that work that shouldnt go to waste, they still can be used whit some other gameplay like the dojo obstacle stuff, you could give us some more of that, even new kind of misions ((not that much enemies just runing for your life or to catch something, just saying misions for extreme parkour)), and that would be well taken, but in hard missions where there are a lot of enemies that ain't getting any weaker but stronger instead and you must get the hell out of some where or just catch your frends because you got behind, the movility is now DEAD, and ok you could have the "RUN" mods but now you dont have the defense mods so you are dead, or you have the "run" and defense mods, but no atack or utility boost in your habilites, and now you are dead.

Example

ember is my example, EMBER IS NOT A FAST FRAME! but i love her the way she is... (my little hot girl) i just spend a lot of time and even platinum on her to make her playable event against all the downsides, now i compense her speed, and some armor, and make her a bost in what she realy is good ENERGY, but now, I CANT EVEN FREAKING MOVE!!! she have the stamina of a fat guy running up a hill come on even i can run further (take that as a joke) but still it was to much and even for ash and banshe.

SOLUTION: please dont make the stamina downgrade THAT EXTREME so that the game could be still smoth.

NEXT POINT!

2.- the new boss/ farming nekros:

ok well, first there are some guys that just want nekros right away (GREAT there is the platinum go get it), then there are those that want to farm it (because is more fun, because don't have or don't want to spend the money for it, you chose your motive), AND THEN there are those who simply want to fight the new awesome boss, as a gamer that also loves the industry of making games, i belive that those last ones should be more important to you DE, because THEY WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME JUST FOR FUN, now i know that making money is necesary but if they like it they will spend on it, and for that there are those at the start of this point, those that will spend on it right away. (AND THERE IS NOTHING BAD IN THAT EITHER).

and here is the problem, simple, the cost of material are so dam high! and the waithing and the multiple steps and THE WAITING??? i mean personaly I appreciate that you want to make it elaborate for us so that we enjoy more the proces for reaching the reward (Nekros or the boss) so the multiple steps could be a good idea but just bad exe. there is no need for that amount of material and credits or the waiting time even if you reduce it for 1 hour.

example (IN MY PARTICULAR CASE) i have a lot of credits and a loOOOT of material because i love to pick up shiny things =) and i didnt even notice the cost of the builds until i read the coments in the forum, i basicaly can build anything i want by now. but THAT IS ME what about the other players the NEW players, that make it realy tedious and excesive. it shoudnt be like that, but the REAL moment  when you lost me is on the waiting.

what i mean is, if you are going to farm a frame as a priority, you are going to spend a LOT of time on it, we all should know that by now, BUT you spend time PLAYING and having fun, fighting boses and defenseses and all that fun stuff, the moment you just put someting in the foundry and just wait until is ready is NOT COOL, (even if is 1hour, ok you can make it faster just spend platinum WRONG you could just buy the frame if you are going to spend platinum in the CHANCE of getting it anyways, so it makes no sense in spending platinum there, no one is going to spend there if you can buy it allready).

SOLUTION: why dont you make it like the fomorian event just accessible and instantly in the foundry the fomorian event method whas smooth and fun you where playing constantly (and i know that you could keep farming more coordinates while you wait but still is tedious to wait and the drope rates are not that great).

i like the fact that there is a process more than just go on a mission and fighting a boss the get the frame, BUT what is going tho happen when everyone get a nekros?, no one would spend credits and go trhough all that process to keep fighting your awesome boss even if it is awesome. and all the work that you guys spend on that would just pass away. and that is not cool.

and for the LAST POINT (that i can remember)

3.-PVP:

its broken in so many ways =( but ok i know it must be a test it cant be perfect just right away but here are some stuff to consider (and i know there could be some contradictions but im not perfect either and not a full creative crew for planning and stuff and its almost 5 in the morinng for god sake!)

the "TOP" levels: ok i know there must be some balance, BUT some of us just spend a lot of time making our frames and weapons so strong to kick some asses and the top level is 500??? man i almos double that (not to be pretentious) but it was so hard to get in.

IN MY PARTICULAR CASE... i sell the lowest weapons and just keep those that i like because you have a limited amount of slots for your weapons and frames and i even bought some slots, (all my weapons and frames are high in base damage and lvl30!!!) even my principal mods are almost at max and i practicaly had to go modless to fight and that is BAD because if you give your warframe even a little bit of armor and habilities you are out of range so you go whit basic EMBER LOW ARMOR or ash or saryn or any other that is not rhyno or frost and you get a shot whit the sturn or snipertron in less than a second. you cant go tactical because you dont have habilities so no matter what frame you take to fight  and no matter how much effort you put in making your frame awesome!!!... you just SHOOT and kill or die in a sec.

my proposal is A) make at least a 1000max lvl for pvp obviously you know that you are going to be in an obcene batle but at least you can rise your defense or go tactic. B) in the case of snipertron or critical damage weapons why not instead of ban those weapons, (if it ever cross your mind to ban) you could make thematic duels like "just sniper hunt whit just tactical mods and powers" or "just melee &#! kicking" or an "asault warfare", and of course a "free for everithing" just to set some examples.

i dont know there is a lot to fix in the pvp and i dont have the answers but i seriously don't think that setting a range form 0 to 500 would be the best balance to it but just the oposite, it sets a free table to make a lot of unbalanced stuff like getting a new frame whit just a skana an lato lvl 1 and a obcene asault rifle that let you get in a 200 lvl match. or just an obcene nova, saryn or ember whit weapons lvl 1 that could reduce everithing to ashes in a couple of seconds. away from that the maps for dueling are sweet but there are some comoon glitches like those that send you out of space.

well i belive it is all DAMN is late or... too early. BUT i hope this help to you DE. i know that you guys realy take the time to read all this stuff even if most of them are rude, you are trying to improve this game and its well appreciated.

PD: give ember's overheat defense back PLEASEEE she didnt need to get stronger she needs to be safe =)

bye x_X

Edited by Jsarkany88

So you want to reduce grinding, by adding more grinding? Makes sense.

The game also crashed on me when I finally thought I'd be able to build the Golem Key. Not saying that is your fault, but it's because I have to do this ALL OVER AGAIN that I am crazy with rage!

Edited by Jowain92

Okay DE, I'm not going to lie. I, along with many other people were extremely hyped for this update. Sure there are some awesome things in it like the scarves, New UI, weapons, etc. but in the end I honestly think this update could have been miles better.

First of all, the method to get Nekros is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I love to play but farming components for a key in order to farm components for another key to fight the boss once to get a chance to get the blueprint I need? No that's horrible. If you want my money so badly just say so.

I thought you guys said in the Livestream that the new Golem was replacing the one on Jupiter. Why did you not mention this horrid key system to us before the update?

Secondly, the Stamina nerf is crap. There I said it. My space ninja is supposed to be fast and now I feel like a Slothframe trying to keep up with everyone on my team. I can't even properly wall run the secret rooms in the void because I run out of stamina too quickly with a maxed marathon equipped. I don't know who's idea it was for this stamina nerf nor update 7's slide cooldown, but really come on DE revert this mess.

There also appears to be a bug with toggle sprint and aiming down your sights. Instead of slowing down and aiming my frame just spazzes out.

Thirdly, the Conclave limit is too low in my opinion. Not really much more to say about that because I love the game mode since it gives me a nice break from farming and grinding, I would just like to equip my best stuff against other people's best stuff.

Also as a side note: I am not sure if the Acrid was nerfed, but suddenly now my Despair are out shining it in every game on Pluto I play.

Now don't get me wrong, I love you guys and I love this game, that's why I'm a Founder. I know you work your butts off to give us awesome content and I really appreciate it, but really guys the stamina nerf and the method to obtain Nekros are in my opinion two of the worse decisions you have ever made with this game.

And there's my 2 cents.

Update is buggy, as expected, no surprise here. UI hangs a lot, shop and forge in particular.

Aquariums are the most deadly traps of the void again.

Scarfs...yeah.

New Glavire mods...yeah.

"Swapped the descriptions of Neurodes and Neural Sensors" - oh, finally.

Complains (as always):

I feel really sorry for everyone who did not stack up with ammo boxes and decryptors. Paying 5k credits, some resources and 1 minute of time to get just 5 decryptors is TOO much, compared to how it was before of course.

UI...WTH is it? A console game? I don't believe you anymore -_-

Mixed feelings about new stamina system...

Why there are no 1000+ Conclaves? Also, conclave score should consider only the highest score of the three weapons equipped, not their sum, it is pointless as I can you only one weapon at any given time. Have a common sense...

Soma...10 dmg...really? Grakata was not bad enough?

The list is not as big as for prev update, that an improvement.

The new UI needs a bit of work, cause in the old one if I had a mod equipped to my Sentinel it would not show up as a mod that I could possible equip to my primary rifle. Currently if I take a mod off my sentinel and swap it for a higher percentage one of the same type, apply that change and then try and equip that mod to my rifle it won't let me as it is saying it's still attached to my sentinel. PLEASE GET THIS CORRECTED.

Yes! (Edit: You guys worked hard, no doubt about it. Get some rest and be prepared for (some) of the backlash that morning will bring.

Also, first page, but that's irrelevant in the ***storm that's flying this way.

Ready?

Wow. Okay. This update was incredibly disappointing. About the only good thing is the new UI. New mods, great. New weapons, wonderful. Haven't started working towards either, but that's content, which imo, is subjective and not useful in a discussion of what I believe to be a cold, hard fact: There are a lot of issues with this update. In 2 missions and 30 minutes of watching the chat, talking to clanmates, and just exploring stuff:

- Stamina system. Overnerfed it. I can understand, most people didn't run with stamina mods. But you made it too weak. WAY. Too weak.

- No armor changes. I get it. Coming in 10.1 (right?)

- Nekros. You can't be serious. I have to farm for the key, to get a chance to fight a boss? RNG gods barely smile upon us once, and now you add this? Please remove the process to obtaining him. Grinding on grinding is not good. 

- Multishot doesn't seem to be working with my secondary. Primary works fine I think

- Armor mod doesn't increase armor in the stats when I apply it. I would imagine same with stamina (haven't checked yet).

Yeah, incredibly disappointed. I'm gonna go to sleep and hope this is a bad dream, because this is not what I thought was promised. Far from it.

EDIT (again):

Noticed scarves. I guess they're nice. And I'm guessing it's cosmetic with no way to get it without platinum. Definitely going to sleep and hoping this is a bad dream.

-I stand corrected about multishot. Lato vandal proved it was working. 

-Also, I keep getting told I have strict lan, even though my settings are still have uPnP on.

-Looked at resource requirements for new stuff on wiki. 10,000 nano spores? 5,000 salvage? THIS is how we spend that ridiculous build-up of nanospores and salvage? Only reason I disapprove is that it's a requirement to get necro so GUESS WHAT everyone that came when after this became open beta: First you gotta farm for that stuff! Then, once you have 500,000+ of that stuff (ohh, i dunno, that's 300 hours in if you don't farm exclusively for it) and THEN you worry about getting nav coordinates. THEN you worry about farming a boss for bps. I guess my experience with the old golem and 50+ runs make me make me ridiculously upset at how many times we have to pray to RNG gods THAT DON'T EXIST, making the only way to get anything slightly nekros take AT LEAST a week. And that's for the monsters. The rest of us will probably give up on nekros or do what is the ONLY reasonable way to get him: buy him or the keys from the market. 

Yes, you have to grind for a lot if you don't spend platinum. But Nekros is ridiculous. And from what I understand, he isn't that good beyond farming bosses (ironic that the only good power for the effort put in is the one everyone disliked the most?). 

EDIT (The TL;DR):

Maybe it's because I'm not in the design council. Maybe I don't like getting blind-sided. But the change the stamina came out of NOWHERE. And the process for getting Nekros is bad. Just. Bad. If he was prime I could somewhat understand, but for the base warframe? No. Also, issues with multishot not working on kunai and "uPnP not on" popup everytime I login even though it is on. Scarves seem to be platinum only, somewhat disappointed but since it's a cosmetic I can kind of understand. 

Finishing thought (for tonight): I love you guys. I love your content, I love your game, I love your respect for the players, I love your pride in warframe, and last but not least, I love that you listen to the players. I doubt most people like this update. Too much hype, and would have loved to hear about some of the changes (like to the stamina). The letdown is larger than ANY other update IMO. Please, try to listen to the millions of threads and posts that are flying at you. Please. Everything in this update (save the arsenal UI for me) has a bitter taste because of the things the negative things (which were the most hyped up).

i agree with you about the stamina change. warframe like frost are slow and stamina consuming while people that maxed out attacking speed on their melee will be for nothing. 

I love the new Zen Gardens and the new Decorations. They're wonderful. Thanks for adding them DE. Thanks a great deal! Maybe in the future we'll even get a really large Zen Garden to decorate!

I think I understand what you were trying to do, for the new Warframes. However the system for farming them can be quite tedious. It's not the idea as much as RNG. Adding Mag Prime to current drop tables just dilutes the pool further, making it more difficult to get everything. May I suggest setting up Mag Prime, Dakka Prime, and Boar Prime to be the drops of Survival? Then just tweaking Exterminate to drop the first Void items. It also means the last 3 modes have the potential to be changed, to support future additions.

The process of getting Nekros isn't a bad idea. The problem is RNG again. You have to keep in mind that it may take 100s or even 1000s of keys to get all the parts for Nekros. I know Void keys have a similar method, but Derelict keys need to be crafted and their mats need to be farmed for. This can make the process more tedious and off-putting.

Thanks for U10 DE. It has some really nice additions and I really do love the new Dojo Gardens and Decorations. :D

This update was what made me use the "F-It adjustment" and go buy Rogue Legacy. With money that was going to go towards buying platinum, no less... My opinion is on page seven, I just can't believe this update is such a flop. You guys worked SO hard on this, and it shows! But, I think it's safe to say that sometimes things just don't work no matter how hard you try. I REALLY hope that the golem key and his 3000 credits was just a typo in the programming, and he's meant to only have 300 or something bearable.

Waiting for 10.1 before I even consider taking another look at the content, back to Kappa with me.

Okay after some more test runs and getting out of stamina every 10 seconds so i crawl to a halt while other players rush past me, i simply don't get you guys at Digital Extremes anymore.

I mean really? You playtested this and thought it was good? You playtested a change that makes everyone crawl to a stop after a few seconds of running or a few seconds more with the stamina mods and you thought it was a good idea?

In a game which has been reduced to nothing more than GRIND, you want players to be slow and appriciate your levels? In a game where a mission takes what feels like ages to complete because of repeating corridors and endless hallways, you want players to stop? In a game where you have to kill a boss 40 times after running through his giant level to get the parts for a new frame, you want players to be slow? In a game about space ninja you want players to stick to range (because melee sucks up your stamina like crazy making you a sitting duck) and take cover every 5 seconds?

People rushed bosses and levels because your mission design is flawed and the game forces you to GRIND, not because they are uninterested in appriciating your work.

You know the game now comes in the phase where it has to keep players in. You want to bring this game to PS4. Is this how you want new players to experience the game? Having to stop every 10 seconds?

Sorry but i really had to get this out. I was really looking forward to the update but instead of being able to appriciate the additions i just get mad at the stamina change and that stupid move they made with not updating Golem but adding a second version. At least change Jupiter Golem to look like an Ancient!

First Ember losing her best ability to survive at higher levels without the addition of proper armor and speed and now the stupid stamina change.

Stop breaking your game by "fixing" it!

Edited by Othergrunty

Yes! (Edit: You guys worked hard, no doubt about it. Get some rest and be prepared for (some) of the backlash that morning will bring.

Also, first page, but that's irrelevant in the ***storm that's flying this way.

Ready?

Wow. Okay. This update was incredibly disappointing. About the only good thing is the new UI. New mods, great. New weapons, wonderful. Haven't started working towards either, but that's content, which imo, is subjective and not useful in a discussion of what I believe to be a cold, hard fact: There are a lot of issues with this update. In 2 missions and 30 minutes of watching the chat, talking to clanmates, and just exploring stuff:

- Stamina system. Overnerfed it. I can understand, most people didn't run with stamina mods. But you made it too weak. WAY. Too weak.

- No armor changes. I get it. Coming in 10.1 (right?)

- Nekros. You can't be serious. I have to farm for the key, to get a chance to fight a boss? RNG gods barely smile upon us once, and now you add this? Please remove the process to obtaining him. Grinding on grinding is not good. 

- Multishot doesn't seem to be working with my secondary. Primary works fine I think

- Armor mod doesn't increase armor in the stats when I apply it. I would imagine same with stamina (haven't checked yet).

Yeah, incredibly disappointed. I'm gonna go to sleep and hope this is a bad dream, because this is not what I thought was promised. Far from it.

EDIT (again):

Noticed scarves. I guess they're nice. And I'm guessing it's cosmetic with no way to get it without platinum. Definitely going to sleep and hoping this is a bad dream.

-I stand corrected about multishot. Lato vandal proved it was working. 

-Also, I keep getting told I have strict lan, even though my settings are still have uPnP on.

-Looked at resource requirements for new stuff on wiki. 10,000 nano spores? 5,000 salvage? THIS is how we spend that ridiculous build-up of nanospores and salvage? Only reason I disapprove is that it's a requirement to get necro so GUESS WHAT everyone that came when after this became open beta: First you gotta farm for that stuff! Then, once you have 500,000+ of that stuff (ohh, i dunno, that's 300 hours in if you don't farm exclusively for it) and THEN you worry about getting nav coordinates. THEN you worry about farming a boss for bps. I guess my experience with the old golem and 50+ runs make me make me ridiculously upset at how many times we have to pray to RNG gods THAT DON'T EXIST, making the only way to get anything slightly nekros take AT LEAST a week. And that's for the monsters. The rest of us will probably give up on nekros or do what is the ONLY reasonable way to get him: buy him or the keys from the market. 

Yes, you have to grind for a lot if you don't spend platinum. But Nekros is ridiculous. And from what I understand, he isn't that good beyond farming bosses (ironic that the only good power for the effort put in is the one everyone disliked the most?). 

EDIT (The TL;DR):

Maybe it's because I'm not in the design council. Maybe I don't like getting blind-sided. But the change the stamina came out of NOWHERE. And the process for getting Nekros is bad. Just. Bad. If he was prime I could somewhat understand, but for the base warframe? No. Also, issues with multishot not working on kunai and "uPnP not on" popup everytime I login even though it is on. Scarves seem to be platinum only, somewhat disappointed but since it's a cosmetic I can kind of understand. 

Finishing thought (for tonight): I love you guys. I love your content, I love your game, I love your respect for the players, I love your pride in warframe, and last but not least, I love that you listen to the players. I doubt most people like this update. Too much hype, and would have loved to hear about some of the changes (like to the stamina). The letdown is larger than ANY other update IMO. Please, try to listen to the millions of threads and posts that are flying at you. Please. Everything in this update (save the arsenal UI for me) has a bitter taste because of the things the negative things (which were the most hyped up).

True story!

As I always say: New updates = new apparently cool stuff + old bugs come back + warframe comes powerless + new bugs + some really stupid (now stamina system) + red text in hours fixing the old bugs again. As long as I play, I find warframe more like a parody. That it's why I always have new contacts on friend list just decided to stop playing the game.

You are ridiculous, you have some guy in your team that wants your game being buried. I am already wondering when I will leave the game.

Too much time to obtain necros? That's a way to lose money ... Hey! I have a new warframe! lets buy a reactor and a slot... What???!!!?? What I have to do to obtain it? Go to hell, I am not interested. I'm not going to buy anything untillyou finish the game because I don't like your changes, like much other people that you ignore or doesn't want to see.

And you have less slots on weapons that we should have, you quit the amo on market and forcing us to use a slot on weapons form amo. The slots and points number are ridiculous nowadays, we need more slots since you start to add mods on a crazy way, new mods everywhere! eat it!, let's explode your stomach.

You are getting dam late in the problem of slots, put a fu***** aura (expel faction: corpus, grinier,infested or something new) to get more. Your mod system is out of date...

And  spank the &#! of the one who thought the new stamina system.

(developers mid?)

Warframe "come and I will F*** you on every update and you will still playing"

"lossers play free hahahahah an will play forever"

Please getback on 6 or 7 version, fix the bugs and stop change everything.

I was playing melee weapons very conformatble with fury at max and you cheated me, it's imposible for a non large weapon to aim properly, just make warframe don't move, just slash, or move less.