Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will people play PoE after fortuna?

(XBOX)Artakka

I recognize that this is perhaps not the place to ask this question, but then again it's also an opportunity to provide feedback for other players asking the same question so....

With the release of The orb mothers, it occurred to me that tridolons may not be as popular as the new orb mothers after release (I'm on console). I'm a MR22 thats only just reached Surah in PoE, and my end goal is to acquire arcane energize, grace, and all of those fancy operator arcanes. Will players continue to do tridolon captures or am I going to have to solo them? Just wondering here because I am far behind most long term players, and I recognize that energize and grace are going to take time to farm to rank 3. Also, I'm planning on going with a 323 for my endgame amp, however I have more than enough materials to craft a 223. Any ideas as to which is better? 

Tl;Dr Are people going to keep playing PoE after the orb mothers drop?

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Eidolons still drop Arcanes that can't be found elsewhere.

True, but I dont have a "specialized" team on demand. If I'm doing a tridolon, its pubs or solo. My experience with that is people often come in underprepared and without any idea as to how to efficiently take down the hydro/gantulyst. My faith in other players might be lacking a little I'll admit, so if I'm underestimating the general population let me know.

• Like 1

Eidolons and Arcanes are still practically the best and fasted Platinum grab so you'll still see a large amount of players going for it.
There will, however, be a suddent decrease when Profit Taker hits because those players will be farming for new amps and cosmetics.
Every second spent eidolon hunting is one not playing the new content so... That's bound to happen.

As for in the long term? There's still another eidolon to be brought into the game, PoE still has a lot of unexplored story and with how improved Fortuna was in term of usage I'd say PoE is bound to get a map increase at some point along with new quests and bosses so you don't need to worry about that.

Both Fortuna and PoE are walled gardens with content and rewards exclusive to them so there's going to be a degree of popularity based on that alone.

Long term it's just a question of whether or not DE is going to keep supporting them.

Edited by Elementalos

1 hour ago, Elementalos said:

Long term it's just a question of whether or not DE is going to keep supporting them.

Given Eidolons have been a buggy mess with Vomvalysts and random glitches since Update: Chimera, it doesn't surprise me if Eidolons are already getting the Trials treatment. I myself still farm Plains of Eidolon as I had a sour taste with the removal of Trials, but I wanted to get 1,000 Hydrolyst captures for my profile (started 3 weeks ago and I am at 250 at the moment). It would be nice if Plains of Eidolon was updated and fixed, and Orb Vallis was given some more grind to have something to do there.

Edited by Voltage

9 hours ago, (XB1)Young Boy HT said:

True, but I dont have a "specialized" team on demand. If I'm doing a tridolon, its pubs or solo. My experience with that is people often come in underprepared and without any idea as to how to efficiently take down the hydro/gantulyst. My faith in other players might be lacking a little I'll admit, so if I'm underestimating the general population let me know.

Same situation: I'm MR22, I have decent Trinity, Chroma and Volt builds, but because the times I get to play are unpredictable AND the times you can fight Eidolon are unpredictable (or at least on an out of sync cycle) I can't get a regular team on X1. 

Randoms either suck at it (oh you brought Saryn?) or storm off if you can't one shot the Eidolon's knees/elbows off and they only want to play with teams that can max the night out.

Fixes are simple:

Add the Vallis QoL fixes to the plains - give us quick bounties.

Make the summoning altar work at any time, day or night. Roaming Teralyst can be only at night, but you should be able to summon Harry/Garry any time you have the Eidolon shards.

This would let us fight Eidolon when we have the time and team to do so, and break that critical time constraint that makes casual groups (or even one casual on a team not keeping up) so frustrating.