Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player stuck on Neurodes

Mysticwoolie

Question

Hello fellow Tenno,

New player here, on my 6th day.

I have acquired the blueprints required to build Rhino, and most of the parts as well.

Surprisingly I have 3 control modules, something that seems to be a problem to obtain for fellow new players, so I have my share of luck there.

What eludes me is Neurodes.

Now I understand that you can see what 4 resources a planet holds from the starchart menu, but despite that, and some fair farming time, I cannot seem to get my hands on them.

It is important to note I think, that I am currently just into Phobos, that should reflect all my available options.

My question to you is, what do you recommend I do to farm a couple Neurodes effectively?

Not afraid to run the same mission a number of times, I just really want to put my Rhino into the cooker.

Thank you in advance.

10 answers to this question

As a new player i recommend trying to farm the Earth Exterminate mission.

exterminate makes you kill a lot of mobs which will have the chance to drop neurodes aswell as take you across a large portion of the map.

since you go through almost the entire map you can also search for the neuroptic masses which drop them.

also check out this page https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Neurodes

Also, it's not a bad idea to ask other players (if on multiplayer mode) to mark neurodes they come across so you can pick them more easily. I've seen many times people asking for Orokin Cells to be marked and, more often, Argon Crystals. If you ask politely, many players will try to help you.

I still mark Orokin Cells despite having 200 of them.. I don't get how I can have so many while others struggle so badly to get them that they willing to farm bosses to make them drop.

As for Neurodes..  there actually isn't any one place in the game where you can consistently ... you'l have to make do with however little you find on Earth. 

Tikal was the node I used to get Neurodes but you won't have acces to that mission until you defeat the Boss on the Oro Node.... which is a Giant pain in the ass. Have somone carry you through Oro so that you can access Tikal.

From there you can use Tikal as A low risk way of farming Neurodes

When ever I need neurodes, I normally will go to a survival on Lua or go to Eris. Since you are a new player, I am guessing that those are not options. I recommend going to Everest on Earth. You can normally get a few to drop form killing enemies and you will always be working on an extractor to obtain relics. You are knocking a few birds with one stone.

Another thing you could try is a capture mission on Earth then just search the map for the nodes. Nodes are very rare and I don't recommend this method for that one reason.

Good luck farming my guy.

For me, the trick was simply talking to Maroo to run the weekly Ayatan treasure hunt from the relay in Mars. Talk to her, run the mission, get the Ayatan, then search the map fully with a loot detector mod equipped. There's almost always a few neurodes there. After you complete it, talk to her again before you leave the relay and you can run the mission several times, although the Ayatan won't spawn in the subsequent playthroughs. You *should* be rolling in Neurodes (comparatively) by the end of a single evening of doing that. I have no idea if that's a bug, or intentional, or if you can do it anytime you want, but I know it works if you do it that way!