Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Rework Suggestion] Ember: The PHOENIX Rework {Reaction to Devstream #131 Ember Showcase}

FoxFX

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Something like Equinox still has? Or even something recently like Hildryn?

I never said those aren't just as bland, but Hildryn's 3 damage in negligible and comes at a higher cost to the ability, and at base is meant to link with your teammates, not deal damage.

8 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

And now we get a damn meteor? Which is basically i imagine Limbos 4th? Aim and let it impact? At worse not working in small maps due ceiling if it comes down from above?

How is it anything like Cataclysm. His 4 just spawns a sphere of Rift. Ember's new 4 is more like Hydroid's 1, so why would being on a small map affect it.

9 minutes ago, keikogi said:

It is worse ( unispired and bland , even worse than world on fire ) because of redundance. It is fireblast but better. Aoe fire damage skill , literally the same thing as fireblast. World on fire at least had the decent of being different from fire blast due to the fact it was an aura.

If you're calling Fireblast AoE damage, then it was already redundant to WoF in her current kit. Fireblast is actually being given a separate identity then by being the CC focused ability, albeit at the loss of Accelerant, though her 2 shouldn't be as need to buff her damage with her new passive and her armor strip.

14 minutes ago, Atsia said:

you're calling Fireblast AoE damage, then it was already redundant to WoF in her current kit.

The were not redundante because you could use both at the same time for more damage. The fact that both did not damage is besides the point. In the new interaction you can't use both at the same time so they are redundant because you can either use 1 or the other for damage.

Also fireblast is just lame acelerant , she lost her unique skill for armor stripping when fire will remove armor by naturally. Just WHY ? Does every single skill in this game needs to counter armor because DE refuses to adress armor scaling itself.

Edit: it also does not fix fireball also being just AOE fire damage.

Edited by keikogi

I just wanna say that the update for ember works for me, and that a toggle should be added which allows you to choose from eagle or phoenix factions or mode, which each could pass to have additional passive traits and benefits with the coming update, a simple ON/OFF or 2.0, 3.0 TOGGLE which allows the players to keep their old abilities and playstyle will be needed effectively that would end alot of arguing, as for further improvements to have ember kicking ass, it might make sense that some of the old stuff is added to some weapons, such melee attacks, slidding, or jumping in the air to casts an ability, we do have a meter now, so we can easily use it to maybe charge up or casts the old 4th, or really incinerate a whole area with a radial or terminal slam, so lets see what else can be added before this drops, the minimum is a toggle and additional weapons or agility, which i think shes mid laggy in some movements compared to LIMBO and hyldren ember is basically  has to rely smoldering ehr body with smoke and magma to increase her defensive shields and use the meter to call up chiblasts and multishields for blocking bullets from her team mates like the movies, we need to have other ninjitsu and firejutsu like naruto, which can allow EMBVER TO USE NO MAGIC OR ENERGY ATTACKS WITHOUT REQUIREMENTS, based on the meter and movement, and also how she do when reloading recasting and shooting the same areas ARE ALREADY ON FIRE, to further this with the new 4th would just spread across a large area butter and mayonnaise which can or should contribute to her limit breaker and metter going off the shards to trigger some older tricks and new ones without energy balls, 

2 hours ago, KroneVanguard said:

Totally dislike that childish, uninspired meteor attack. 👎

i really like it because its fasts and hard hitting like a final fantasy magic meteor, but its coated with irons and molten chunks of metal accelerated gravity and fireballs, its only missing some AOE and weapons upgrades or passive traits to keep it flexible,  but  personally it would be great if ember could her abilities and magic without many requirements, energy, or bullets at all, since she can bend things with fire and casts magic, she should basically draw from the areas and maps like mag towards her melee and magical bulets.

but thers room for her new movesets and meters transforming these into something good.  without energy balls cost or drain, recast should be fun and not annoying turning her bullets into fireballs, slide attacks into upward fireballs,  corpses into energy and shield regeneration of health, and charging attacks with teleports and blocking realistically those could use metering.

• what should be examined next is how affective will be recasting?
  • sametarget?
  • holding the the ability button? tapping the 4th? aerial tapping?
  •  
  • maybe to use a chi-blast or aerial blast which requires no energy and if casts continously (tapping tap tap tap_ tap) then the players start producing flames and because of auto-fire controllers and weapons we need to have a system of tricks and simbols which trigger the special types of procs fire would have melting armor, and distracting light or flames, blasts damage, and over ehating weapos normally, and now the meteor just dinosuars everytihng, but under different polarities it can contain ICE or other virtues and buddies in virus, maggots, and sound effects, animations, and drops which affects the rewards, scans, and energy/ ammo which team mates pick up, and pets use.
  • for example meteor_4th(4m) can feature some teleportation and focus which also produces a barrier infront of ember in some cases during a slide or walllatch its practical to shoot a fireball at a wall to enfeeble a team mate, or the pickups on the floor which normally would be regular armor piercing rounds, now became blunts and ruin filled shrappner or explode. that would be cool for oberon too because its like weeds on fire aiming to cause moisture or smoke, health regeneration is buffed up, and with nidus it makes for exploding or radiactive bugs, weeird stuff, ice and other grass taping??
  • otherstatus effects not just enemies on fire, which is why i think everything movement togive ember realistic magic some tribal tattoes powers of a witch with halloween i can see some cool skins, long hair, and replacing enemies with gold or watever.flexibilitynfire rate for guns, controlling a body of flames to use as shields or sect corpses are probably the new feature to just escape into the fire, bit o want a few melee attacks to be lightsaber quality and secmenting, increasingly hot melee attacks with the meter and armorskins or layers which might seem like CROMA, but realistically that giar can molt and shred her skin if she wanted to shoot or toss a dice. with steamy overlay
Edited by SnakeBadger

vor einer Stunde schrieb Atsia:

How is it anything like Cataclysm. His 4 just spawns a sphere of Rift. Ember's new 4 is more like Hydroid's 1, so why would being on a small map affect it.

I more mean the impact of it, back when Limbo was relised you could. bomb enemies with it, basically aiming and trowing a bit explosion overall i mean with that, thats why the comparsion.

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I more mean the impact of it, back when Limbo was relised you could. bomb enemies with it, basically aiming and trowing a bit explosion overall i mean with that, thats why the comparsion.

No? Cataclysm was always a Rift sphere centered on you, like Snowglobe. It could nuke enemies in the weeks following Limbo's rework, but that was patched out.

8 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

it would be good to have a vibration or sound based thingy which increases firerate and pop for guns/ melee in the new meter from using and recasting abilities, which i think they did show but in smaller maps its more obvvious that the accustics and noise cancelling and smoldering to cause rifts in the audio with all the shooting, also that armor of hers absorbing bullets and regenerating health would make sense during a charged attack or holding of a ability, it really does concern me when recasting the same fireball or aoe proc, what to do with all this excess or tired energy, why not just turn it into other no-fire or tools which can cost no energy at all during jump, zoom, and slide to teleport or callus up, regen while running is like obvious to have bullet jump do something birdy, but you need better slam attacks and recasts else is boring to just blaze enemies up with fire, i already said chi and non-flame blast using oxy-gen and nitrogen-pulls to quickly disrupt enemies, but if they are reused over and over ember would start fires and spheres or runes would look really cool, but thats somewhat lenghty and robotic to start this S#&$, amm not mad, just fear that recasting her powers will be super boring.

i wanna be able to use shortburst or some special crits and mods that reconfigure her melee attacks and trigger burst for her weapons, or acrobatic reloading.

16 hours ago, Atsia said:

No? Cataclysm was always a Rift sphere centered on you, like Snowglobe. It could nuke enemies in the weeks following Limbo's rework, but that was patched out.

Cataclysm is a spawned area centered on the location of where your aiming reticle is pointing at. Though its nuking potential has been severely dialled back, it is now still one of the few nukes in the game that can rip a percentage of hitpoints away from a group of enemies.

Ember's Inferno probably deals some upfront ability damage then leave it all to DOT. After all, you want those enemies to burn as long as you need to spread the Heat procs all around.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Cataclysm is a spawned area centered on the location of where your aiming reticle is pointing at. Though its nuking potential has been severely dialled back, it is now still one of the few nukes in the game that can rip a percentage of hitpoints away from a group of enemies.

Ember's Inferno probably deals some upfront ability damage then leave it all to DOT. After all, you want those enemies to burn as long as you need to spread the Heat procs all around.

i enjoy limbo, wishing you could use some empty / void bullets instead of requiring reload so that you can use some magician tricks and teleport, been talking alot about using a bunch of super attacks and tools without energy balls and chanelling for warframes like ember so that players dont get upset at boring animations or recasts, i dont mind her new 4th and meter, and as a limbo player i think you can understand how useful the L1 ttackle and teleport is ,right now it doesnt deal damage and is just passive to warp you and other players, and sometinmes enemies without energy, so it can get boring to use and it can't be shoot at or do anything special, unless i dont know any augments for limbo i missed or good weapons which add teleportation or defenses, maybe sword and shield or gunsword are decent to use for limbo, but ember doesnt have anything special and she is already on fire? So allowing her attacks and tools to go without using energy would make recast and charging attacks a normal featue of emptyness elemental added taht can combust and react to bulelts from team amates, and also other sticky or status effects that aren';t blost or typical, grenades, disks and lasers from guns on crits

reat combat agility but it is left with much to be desired, the same goes for ember's animations, mid air and while performing crunches and rolls, she should feature some special tapping and recoiling attacks which the players can shoot empty husk and spikes relative to the atmosphere, gravity and oxygen levels, ember is already burning up with power to regenerate her tempo and fire rate, but she doesnt have any leylines but working or shooting in the burning corpses might give to the meter and passive, but am not happy enough with that being final, honeslty am counting on 2 or tree additional passive traits added with level up or some free rewards, if not they cover this up by allowing ember to get a new weaponskill, skill for charging  or melee power up and stance, so her meter starts burning and melting enemies, and that she can casts a fireball into the ground for a shield made to bar team mates and her self, molten iron and the aerial attacks and liner call for damaging spears and burning

, shields or safe gimmicks when shooting at the pickups, machines and at energyballs with the guns and abilities from far away, versus casting on a special ring of fire or not having energy wands, so her  movements need a LESS DEFAULT MOVEMENTS for EMBER somethign unique for dashing and mid air tool shoots chit and charges metter fro non-elemental and martial arts or melee basic attacks, but its not happening soon.