Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave feels like a background component

TheOneWhoKnoxx

I'll be the first to admit it's early and we don't know what this system is going to morph into. Be that as it may I've been trying to figure out why the current Nightwave incarnation feels lacking.

What I came up with is that it feels like a background component to the game. Maybe this was the intention, I honestly don't know. What I can say is that for me one of the nice things about the alert system was that when you readied up for an alert that was the focus of what you were trying to accomplish till the mission was over. Now I understand and completely agree with the idea of not having an hour timegate on content which you then have to wait weeks to cycle back around. However, this is a new system that has story components, surely there are ways to make the challenges therein more of a tangible component in the game we are playing?

I'm not saying all of the challenges are bad. Some of them are perfectly fine. But in either case I think they would be better served if they were tasks that were more of a focus rather than a thing to complete while doing other objectives.

tl:Dr Nightwave feels like it's mostly a collection of background tasks rather than a collection of missions or tasks that require player focus. Filling sculptures or killing 500 enemies vs doing 3 captures or taking down an eidolon (and even those two could use tweaking to be thematic)

i prefer background objectives. it allows us to play the game normally while completing those challenges.
it would be even better if the challenges were fun combat focused or related to killing enemies in some way so we dont have to not play the game
eg. get X headshots in mid air with a gun, get X headshots with a melee, get X kills collateral with a single sniper shot, get Y kills collateral with a launcher weapon, shoot X enemies legs off, get X slam attack kills, do a mission with melee only, etc 

scanning enemies isnt fun. doing invasion mission 9 times isnt fun. doing bounties 8 times isnt fun...

Edited by Ragingwasabi

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnoxx said:

As I see it there are two easy ways to fix it. Either drop the standing requirement for each rank or make the tasks more in line with the core gameplay loop we are logging in for in the first place

Killing enemies. Killing enemies that reward a fair bit more affinity than usual. Do the recently released "open world" content. Use a gear item. Those aren't in your daily gameplay loop? Are you actually playing the game at this point?

43 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Killing enemies. Killing enemies that reward a fair bit more affinity than usual. Do the recently released "open world" content. Use a gear item. Those aren't in your daily gameplay loop? Are you actually playing the game at this point?

scan enemies. do missions u dont need 8 to 9 times in a row. slot stars. not fun gameplay