Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Detailed Critique and Suggestions

AniAGFF

I am currently quite unhappy with the way Nightwave is executed. I adore the idea, but... geez, the execution. The following is a detailed, comprehensive list of all my issues with it, also containing my thoughts on possible counterarguments, and also a list of suggestion that I think would improve the system.

All I ask is that, before replying to this, you read the below thoroughly. Thanks in advance, and let's have a constructive discussion.

1) The amount of work you now have to put in for some items in the Nightwave shop is disproportionately bigger than before.

Now, I understand that this isn't what it seems like, but think about it; previously, you were able to go about your business and pick up Alerts when they popped up. Now you have to specifically dedicate time to grinding Nightwave Standing, thus effectively and provably increasing the amount of time you have to put in vastly. This seems very counter-intuitive when the purpose of Nightwave is to make playing the game and obtaining certain things more productive, goal-oriented, reliable and accessible.

Addendum: While you can make the very specific argument that this helps people whose schedules didn't allow them to pick up Nitain Extract Alerts... well, that's what it is, a very specific argument that ignores all other types of players.

2) Many of the weekly and daily tasks are either very grindy, or very distracting, or both - or not even doable for people not yet at endgame.

Some of these tasks can be really quite grindy and entirely overblown. Fully socketing five whole Ayatan Sculptures in a single week? Whew, I mean... holy moly, geez.

It's also a good example for the "very distracting" argument that was already touched upon in 1); many of these tasks, depending on what you might be grinding for or progressing on at the moment, might force you to drop everything else you might currently be doing, and actively divert attention to things you might otherwise currently not care about at all (like spamming eight Bounties or spamming nine Invasion missions... or spamming countless Void missions to grind out five Ayatan Sculptures - or four, I guess, since you get one from Maroo each week).

And that's not even mentioning tasks that are straight-up not doable for people who didn't reach late midgame or lategame.

Addendum: While you can make the argument "Well, you're not forced to do all of the weekly and daily tasks!", that makes doing nothing and waiting for next week the only alternative - which, just as with 1), is entirely counter-intuitive when the point of Nightwave is to make obtaining certain things more goal-oriented and accessible; it's not a good counterargument, it's an excuse.

3) The way Reward Tiers are done is downright horrible.

Both 1) and 2) are made far worse by my biggest issue with Nightwave: The way Reward Tiers are done. A lot of the time, what really, really matters in Nightwave is the currency, that currently being Wolf Creds. Problem is, they are only given at Reward Tiers that are a multiple of 3 - read, 3, 6, 9, 12... et cetera.

Why is this such a big problem? Because it means you can't put in small effort and time for a small purchase, medium for medium, big for big - you always have to grind to a Wolf Cred Reward Tier to be able to buy anything at all, no matter how minor, leading to potentially very disproportionate amounts of time and effort being put in for effectively very inappropriately scaled immediate rewards - because, sure, you can save up the remaining Wolf Creds for later, but that doesn't make grinding out three Reward Tiers for that one puny Nitain Extract you needed at the time feel any less exhausting, unfulfilling and inappropriate; it also makes Nightwave seem very unexciting for anything BUT Nitain Extract when Orokin Derelict Capture grind for Platinum is very much a viable and often much more immediate and useful alternative for every other item except Nitain Extract.

And this also makes 1) and 2) much, much worse than they would be - in case of 1) because this means you can't even at least minimize the amount of extra side-grind you have to do, and in case of 2) because it means the required three Reward Tiers will not only take a while to grind out, will not only distract you from your current main objective for quite some time, but it might not even be doable for you if too many of the current weekly or daily tasks are not doable for you if they're locked behind content unlocks you have yet to reach.

My suggestions and which issues they alleviate:

a) Make every Reward Tier award a small amount of currency (currently Wolf Creds). This alleviates literally all my mentioned issues, because you can then cherrypick your daily and weekly tasks to an extent, and it would allow you to make those smaller purchases for smaller amounts of time and effort invested, creating an appropriate and satisfying balance and return on investment.

b) Have just a few more guaranteed daily and weekly tasks of the kind that can be done comfortably on the side. This alleviates 2) and 3) and further adds to suggestion a), because this makes it so you can just have Nightwave progress on the side for those that are satisfied with just that, while still allowing people to invest some extra dedicated time to Nightwave grind on the other remaining tasks, should they feel the need for it so they can make bigger purchases.

That is all from me.

Again, please read the above thoroughly before replying, and let's have a constructive discussion.

• Like 3

The amount of work you now have to put in for "some items" in the Nightwave shop is disproportionately bigger than before.

I like the new system but I have been missing bounties somewhat coming from Destiny.

Deploy a Glyph 10 secs

Scan 25 objects or enemies 2-3 min

Complete 3 Capture missions    5 mins (can be combined with invasions)

Kill 500 enemies    Will be automatically finished by regular play

Complete 3 waves of Sanctuary Onslaught     10 mins

Fully socket 5 Ayatan sculptures    1 free from maroo and 50% chance from rot A on arbitration (so maybe an hour if you dont find one during the rest of the week by just playing)

Complete 8 Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon    Fastest one takes maybe 5 min so 40 min

Complete 9 Invasion missions    I combined this with 3 capture missions plus did 6 phorids (15 min maybe)

Complete 5 scans for Cephalon Simaris    5 Capture missions with your target (maybe 10-15 min)

Kill 100 Eximus enemies    Should be automatically finished just by playing

Kill or capture an Eidolon Hydrolyst    20-30 min solo if geared (faster in premade or pub but maybe not possible for everyone)

Complete a Sortie while playing with a friend or Clan mate    15 min (if you have a friend or clanmate otherwise just friend someone before finishing it, not open to everyone but hey its ELITE wish they skipped the friend/clanmate thing though)

So this boils down to roughly 3 hours during the course of a week.

And about the app alerts for nitain for instance do people dont have jobs or go to school and are always available to just start the game and do the alert?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

The amount of work you now have to put in for "some items" in the Nightwave shop is disproportionately bigger than before.

I like the new system but I have been missing bounties somewhat coming from Destiny.

Deploy a Glyph 10 secs

Scan 25 objects or enemies 2-3 min

Complete 3 Capture missions    5 mins (can be combined with invasions)

Kill 500 enemies    Will be automatically finished by regular play

Complete 3 waves of Sanctuary Onslaught     10 mins

Fully socket 5 Ayatan sculptures    1 free from maroo and 50% chance from rot A on arbitration (so maybe an hour if you dont find one during the rest of the week by just playing)

Complete 8 Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon    Fastest one takes maybe 5 min so 40 min

Complete 9 Invasion missions    I combined this with 3 capture missions plus did 6 phorids (15 min maybe)

Complete 5 scans for Cephalon Simaris    5 Capture missions with your target (maybe 10-15 min)

Kill 100 Eximus enemies    Should be automatically finished just by playing

Kill or capture an Eidolon Hydrolyst    20-30 min solo if geared (faster in premade or pub but maybe not possible for everyone)

Complete a Sortie while playing with a friend or Clan mate    15 min (if you have a friend or clanmate otherwise just friend someone before finishing it, not open to everyone but hey its ELITE wish they skipped the friend/clanmate thing though)

So this boils down to roughly 3 hours during the course of a week.

And about the app alerts for nitain for instance do people dont have jobs or go to school and are always available to just start the game and do the alert?

1 hour ago, AniAGFF said:

Now you have to specifically dedicate time to grinding Nightwave Standing, thus effectively and provably increasing the amount of time you have to put in vastly. This seems very counter-intuitive when the purpose of Nightwave is to make playing the game and obtaining certain things more productive, goal-oriented, reliable and accessible.

What you said doesn't deny what I said. You do de facto have to put in more time where you previously didn't. You simply, mathematically, do.

Also, we're not talking about Alerts. Those were flawed too, but they're not the topic. We're talking about Nightwave.

Edited by AniAGFF

Lets say I werent around when nitains, reactors, forma alerts came on or I didnt have time to play except mon-tue one week (or maybe I only can play on weekends) how was the older system better than the new one?
Sure timewise the old system might have been better if I could go on the game 24/7 or when my app alerts me or whatever but not otherwise.
You could even reduce my times even more since most people already do sorties and alot of people also do tridolons and ESO/SO plus arbitrations so basically every reward will be done by regular gameplay (except a few).
It does however boils down to IF you could play 24/7 you will get more rewards than this new system since this isnt grindable after the bounties are finished for that week.
But still rewards like 40k kuva, umbral forma, arcane energize etc are pretty nice I would say.
You could actually say this new system is more timefriendly to alot of players that cannot play everyday (or are on alert by their phone :-)) since they can do these bounties in a couple of hours and then buy catalysts/reactors when they need them.

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

I really am not a fan of 'fill 5 sculptures' considering I filled ALL of mine just a few days ago.

That and since loot radar doesn't have a unique icon for sculptures you have to check EVERY white square you see in the entire map, slowing down the game considerably.

It does seem that you can get potatoes easier, however the mods in some of the alerts seem to have disappeared.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

Lets say I werent around when nitains, reactors, forma alerts came on or I didnt have time to play except mon-tue one week (or maybe I only can play on weekends) how was the older system better than the new one?
Sure timewise the old system might have been better if I could go on the game 24/7 or when my app alerts me or whatever but not otherwise.
You could even reduce my times even more since most people already do sorties and alot of people also do tridolons and ESO/SO plus arbitrations so basically every reward will be done by regular gameplay (except a few).
It does however boils down to IF you could play 24/7 you will get more rewards than this new system since this isnt grindable after the bounties are finished for that week.
But still rewards like 40k kuva, umbral forma, arcane energize etc are pretty nice I would say.
You could actually say this new system is more timefriendly to alot of players that cannot play everyday (or are on alert by their phone :-)) since they can do these bounties in a couple of hours and then buy catalysts/reactors when they need them.

The quality of the old system is irrelevant to that of the new one.

9 minutes ago, KingGladiator88 said:

I really am not a fan of 'fill 5 sculptures' considering I filled ALL of mine just a few days ago.

That and since loot radar doesn't have a unique icon for sculptures you have to check EVERY white square you see in the entire map, slowing down the game considerably.

It does seem that you can get potatoes easier, however the mods in some of the alerts seem to have disappeared.

Agreed.

If the only way to reach Tier 28-30 is to do every expert weekly challenge every week then I think thats bullcrap.  Umbra Excalibur wasnt that hard to get so why the hell would his forma be???  If we have to grind out daily/weekly tasks the entire time of a NIghtwave just to reach max tier that will blow.  

But here are the concrete problems I have with Nightwave(until we have a better grasp on grind vs reward). (minor issues)

D0euMQNWsAAxerR.jpg:large

When you are in a dojo you have to open your menu before you can open chat like you are in a mission....   As you can see in the lower right....  The new button for Nightwave appears when you open navigation or when you open menu.    And if your in your dojo it now blocks some of the available space you have for chat window. (mine is stretched all the way across the screen (WHICH THE FREAKING GAME SHOULD MEMORIZE SO I DONT HAVE TO DO IT EVERY TIME I LOG IN).  But what I can not understand is why the hell wasnt this nightwave button just put in the same place alerts used to be???   Under Maroos/Clems weekly challenge.   Rename it the freaking Nightwave tab and it can display all the challenges.  

But in the lower right of the screen of menu navigation???  WTF sense does that make???  Did you hire a korean web browser game maker to do UI ???

2nd issue..........So we will randomly get attacked by characters from this new factions a little like syndicate death squads....   Thats cool.....what not cool is that NOTHING happens in-game to tell you they are coming or that they have arrived.  The only way you find out they are in your mission is if you randomly see them.   They did have red targets on them, but thats still hella confusing.  Exterminates have red targets, captures have red targets.   WTF.   They need special intro's like other assassins/death squads. 

-----------------------------------------

Seeing things like sorties and tridolons in the elite weeklys though is just making me depressed.  If your goal is to keep making difficult content and killing off your playerbase then congrats you are on a great path.  Seriously I would LOVE to see activity numbers per console each month going forward..  Developers act like they have to appease the hardcore players that like difficulty because the game would collapse without them.   I think thats bullcrap.  I think they are the MINORITY.   I think if you made the game easier so that you could use any frame for any situation the population would actually grow.   But I never see developers back up their hardcore worship with facts.  

1.DE you're missing a very important feature of Alert mission, it's an anchor/meeting point for players (new/vet) while Nora's challenge provides no anchor/meeting point for players whether they be mr6 or mr 26.

2. these challenges given by Nora has nothing to do with the quest itself (place a glyph, play 3 sortie with clannies, are u serious?) and nora just bluff bs that is not related to the quest (wolf of saturn) into my ears whenever I completed a challenge.

suggestion: just put wolf coins as reward for alert missions, remove important loots from Nora AND make them obtainable through other means(less grindy).

Alert missions died for this crap, quests in anthem or fortnite: stw are even better than this. this whole nora's stuff is a embarrassment and disgrace to warframe (including riven)

• Like 1

The quality of the old system is irrelevant to that of the new one.

You are not serious right when in below quote you are comparing the two?
And its blatantly obvious that a comparison should and could be made for something new that replaces something old.

You do de facto have to put in more time where you previously didn't. You simply, mathematically, do.

6 hours ago, AniAGFF said:

That is all from me.

I agree with everything you said mate(AniAGFF).  Initially, I thought the Nightwave system was going to be awesome.. kinda like a 'pick and choose your reward' for an alert type of mission system.  but its not.  I just did the grind of all the available nightwave missions available to me(all of them, and it took me longer then 3 hours btw) and im only at level 3(nearly 4) of rewards.  Thats is a HUGE grind for the rewards I actually want.  Not to mention, theres now nothing for me to look to(ie. no Alerts) for the possibility of a chance reward I want, for a whole week...although theres a measly 2 new ones/day as a daily system(if i got that right).

The others just havent done the maths yet. 

(XB1)Dic3man.. get off your theoretical high horse man, you clearly havent done any actual adding up...  or else, youre just after some weapon slots, and you'll be happy when you get to level 4. 

Hopefully DE will take some advice/review the system and tweak it.  because seriously, for me.. theres not much keeping me in the game atm, just after the occasional prime I dont have yet, so relics.. and the mats I need to make them, so Alerts/Invasions.  Alerts are something I do to help Clan mates, and grab an occasional potato/nitain.  Without them.. it feels like a core gameplay element of the community is missing.  Maybe this change from DE has got a bigger end goal than us players can see atm.. but, im doubtful, im thinking they just got it wrong this time.

Hith

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AniAGFF said:

1) The amount of work you now have to put in for some items in the Nightwave shop is disproportionately bigger than before.

Now, I understand that this isn't what it seems like, but think about it; previously, you were able to go about your business and pick up Alerts when they popped up. Now you have to specifically dedicate time to grinding Nightwave Standing, thus effectively and provably increasing the amount of time you have to put in vastly. This seems very counter-intuitive when the purpose of Nightwave is to make playing the game and obtaining certain things more productive, goal-oriented, reliable and accessible.

Addendum: While you can make the very specific argument that this helps people whose schedules didn't allow them to pick up Nitain Extract Alerts... well, that's what it is, a very specific argument that ignores all other types of players.

Only agree for cosmetics, really. 20-25 creds each seems better, so you can pick up two per cache.

Seems a bit easier to swallow.

2) Many of the weekly and daily tasks are either very grindy, or very distracting, or both - or not even doable for people not yet at endgame.

Some of these tasks can be really quite grindy and entirely overblown. Fully socketing five whole Ayatan Sculptures in a single week? Whew, I mean... holy moly, geez.

It's also a good example for the "very distracting" argument that was already touched upon in 1); many of these tasks, depending on what you might be grinding for or progressing on at the moment, might force you to drop everything else you might currently be doing, and actively divert attention to things you might otherwise currently not care about at all (like spamming eight Bounties or spamming nine Invasion missions... or spamming countless Void missions to grind out five Ayatan Sculptures - or four, I guess, since you get one from Maroo each week).

And that's not even mentioning tasks that are straight-up not doable for people who didn't reach late midgame or lategame.

Addendum: While you can make the argument "Well, you're not forced to do all of the weekly and daily tasks!", that makes doing nothing and waiting for next week the only alternative - which, just as with 1), is entirely counter-intuitive when the point of Nightwave is to make obtaining certain things more goal-oriented and accessible; it's not a good counterargument, it's an excuse.

If done all at once?

Maybe.

Done over the course of a week?

Perfectly reasonable.

Also, people not being at lategame being locked out of stuff is perfectly reasonable. On account of those things being FOR lategame players. That's like the whole Cuphead final boss debacle a while back.

3) The way Reward Tiers are done is downright horrible.

Both 1) and 2) are made far worse by my biggest issue with Nightwave: The way Reward Tiers are done. A lot of the time, what really, really matters in Nightwave is the currency, that currently being Wolf Creds. Problem is, they are only given at Reward Tiers that are a multiple of 3 - read, 3, 6, 9, 12... et cetera.

Why is this such a big problem? Because it means you can't put in small effort and time for a small purchase, medium for medium, big for big - you always have to grind to a Wolf Cred Reward Tier to be able to buy anything at all, no matter how minor, leading to potentially very disproportionate amounts of time and effort being put in for effectively very inappropriately scaled immediate rewards - because, sure, you can save up the remaining Wolf Creds for later, but that doesn't make grinding out three Reward Tiers for that one puny Nitain Extract you needed at the time feel any less exhausting, unfulfilling and inappropriate; it also makes Nightwave seem very unexciting for anything BUT Nitain Extract when Orokin Derelict Capture grind for Platinum is very much a viable and often much more immediate and useful alternative for every other item except Nitain Extract.

And this also makes 1) and 2) much, much worse than they would be - in case of 1) because this means you can't even at least minimize the amount of extra side-grind you have to do, and in case of 2) because it means the required three Reward Tiers will not only take a while to grind out, will not only distract you from your current main objective for quite some time, but it might not even be doable for you if too many of the current weekly or daily tasks are not doable for you if they're locked behind content unlocks you have yet to reach.

If Wolf creds were the only Reward, I'd probably agree. But the rest of the reward tiers are also important, and seem pretty decent in and of themselves. Creds aren't the only thing you're grinding for.

Also, for Nitain specifically, you pick up 5 per pack, or so I've heard.

Really not a fan.

When there was an alert, new player or veteran, its there, you see it and its done in 2, 5  or 10mins depending on type and you can do as many as you like.

Now to get 2 (TWO!) items per week you need to grind for hours (min 3 hours if you're end game) and you can only get 1 if you're early game due to restrictions and difficulty.

Bugs?

Cephalon simaris target have to be identified by picture as name / type no longer shows.

It says daily tasks in the title but there are none, only weekly.

In mission affinity bonus is now missing and blocked out by for example 5 of 9 invasions.

28 minutes ago, Ms_Salami said:

Cephalon simaris target have to be identified by picture as name / type no longer shows. 

I was thrown off by that at first, too!  It's in tiny text in a little box at the bottom of that column.  Picture at the top, reward in the middle, actual name of the target way at the bottom.

The missing affinity bonus mini-challenges, however, are unfortunately intended.  They've been removed.  Bit of a shame, I know it didn't make much difference to those who like to run group content for most of their affinity needs, but it was nice to have those little bonuses solo due to how affinity gain in general works solo.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andvarja said:

I was thrown off by that at first, too!  It's in tiny text in a little box at the bottom of that column.  Picture at the top, reward in the middle, actual name of the target way at the bottom.

The missing affinity bonus mini-challenges, however, are unfortunately intended.  They've been removed.  Bit of a shame, I know it didn't make much difference to those who like to run group content for most of their affinity needs, but it was nice to have those little bonuses solo due to how affinity gain in general works solo.

Thanks, disappointing for new players.

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Only agree for cosmetics, really. 20-25 creds each seems better, so you can pick up two per cache.

Seems a bit easier to swallow.

The point is that things previously obtained without grind (regardless of the flaws that Alerts absolutely had) are now obtained through grind.

If done all at once?

Maybe.

Done over the course of a week?

Perfectly reasonable.

That's missing the point. Previously (again, regardless of the flaws that absolutely existed) those were things you could get relatively quickly. This would be true for Nightwave as well, if 2) wasn't made that much more significant by 3), as mentioned. Essentially, 2) would be a minor complaint were it not for 3).

If Wolf creds were the only Reward, I'd probably agree. But the rest of the reward tiers are also important, and seem pretty decent in and of themselves. Creds aren't the only thing you're grinding for.

Also, for Nitain specifically, you pick up 5 per pack, or so I've heard.

a) That's just not realistic. Not only are actually good things hidden behind much later Reward Tiers, making Orokin Derelict vault runs for Platinum much more enticing, easier and faster, but other things in the Wolf Cred shop also take up the same space as the one thing you can't get elsewhere as reliably, Nitain Extract. So, realistically, I'd be stupid to get anything but Nitain Extract, since the rest is so easily obtained by means of Orokin Derelict vault runs for Platinum. Not to mention a lot of the Reward Tiers are entirely pointless fluff like Glyphs and Sigils, or cosmetics one might or might not actually be interested in.

b) This is made worse by the fact that Wolf Creds are only on every few Reward Tiers, meaning, as mentioned, that no matter if you want to just make a small purchase, you're going the whole grind-distance no matter what.

a+b) It's an illusion of choice that actually just reduces freedom of choice and increases grind without any need for there to be an increase in grind.

Edited by AniAGFF

12 minutes ago, AniAGFF said:

The point is that things previously obtained without grind (regardless of the flaws that Alerts absolutely had) are now obtained through grind.

12 minutes ago, AniAGFF said:

That's missing the point. Previously (again, regardless of the flaws that absolutely existed) those were things you could get relatively quickly. This would be true for Nightwave as well, if 2) wasn't made that much more significant by 3), as mentioned. Essentially, 2) would be a minor complaint were it not for 3).

Quickly, if you were on at the same time. They basically replaced inactive grind (staying on top of alerts) with active grind.

16 minutes ago, AniAGFF said:

a That's just not realistic. Not only are actually good things hidden behind much later Reward Tiers, making Orokin Derelict vault runs for Platinum much more enticing, easier and faster, but other things in the Wolf Cred shop also take up the same space as the one thing you can't get elsewhere as reliably, Nitain Extract. So, realistically, I'd be stupid to get anything but Nitain Extract, since the rest is so easily obtained by means of Orokin Derelict vault runs for Platinum. Not to mention a lot of the Reward Tiers are entirely pointless fluff like Glyphs and Sigils, or cosmetics one might or might not actually be interested in.

Only if you need Nitain Extract. Most things needing Nitain only cost 2-3, meaning you'll probably have enough for 2 things needing Nitain with each purchase, especially if you use other methods to get them (in particular, Ghoul Purge bounties). And plat doesn't get a lot of the stuff on the reward tiers anyway.

You can't buy Umbral Forma, the new emotes, the new mods etc.

20 minutes ago, AniAGFF said:

b) This is made worse by the fact that Wolf Creds are only on every few Reward Tiers, meaning, as mentioned, that no matter if you want to just make a small purchase, you're going the whole grind-distance no matter what.

Yeah, the economy is whack considering this. I agree, that's what my concerns are about. I've even voiced this on the devstream announcement.

24 minutes ago, AniAGFF said:

a+b) It's an illusion of choice that actually just reduces freedom of choice and increases grind without any need for there to be an increase in grind.

Again, the Grind has only increased if you consider that waiting for that one alert is really just a grind in and of itself.

All in all, I'd say that the system's fine, but the wolf cred economy is problematic. I'd like it to be rebalanced, in particular for the much less important cosmetics.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Quickly, if you were on at the same time. They basically replaced inactive grind (staying on top of alerts) with active grind.

Only if you need Nitain Extract. Most things needing Nitain only cost 2-3, meaning you'll probably have enough for 2 things needing Nitain with each purchase, especially if you use other methods to get them (in particular, Ghoul Purge bounties). And plat doesn't get a lot of the stuff on the reward tiers anyway.

You can't buy Umbral Forma, the new emotes, the new mods etc.

Yeah, the economy is whack considering this. I agree, that's what my concerns are about. I've even voiced this on the devstream announcement.

Again, the Grind has only increased if you consider that waiting for that one alert is really just a grind in and of itself.

All in all, I'd say that the system's fine, but the wolf cred economy is problematic. I'd like it to be rebalanced, in particular for the much less important cosmetics.

Really, considering all this, I think any problems would be solved with just my suggestion a), and it would be made just another tad better by suggestion b).

18 hours ago, (PS4)Hithnass said:

I agree with everything you said mate(AniAGFF).  Initially, I thought the Nightwave system was going to be awesome.. kinda like a 'pick and choose your reward' for an alert type of mission system.  but its not.  I just did the grind of all the available nightwave missions available to me(all of them, and it took me longer then 3 hours btw) and im only at level 3(nearly 4) of rewards.  Thats is a HUGE grind for the rewards I actually want.  Not to mention, theres now nothing for me to look to(ie. no Alerts) for the possibility of a chance reward I want, for a whole week...although theres a measly 2 new ones/day as a daily system(if i got that right).

The others just havent done the maths yet. 

(XB1)Dic3man.. get off your theoretical high horse man, you clearly havent done any actual adding up...  or else, youre just after some weapon slots, and you'll be happy when you get to level 4. 

Hopefully DE will take some advice/review the system and tweak it.  because seriously, for me.. theres not much keeping me in the game atm, just after the occasional prime I dont have yet, so relics.. and the mats I need to make them, so Alerts/Invasions.  Alerts are something I do to help Clan mates, and grab an occasional potato/nitain.  Without them.. it feels like a core gameplay element of the community is missing.  Maybe this change from DE has got a bigger end goal than us players can see atm.. but, im doubtful, im thinking they just got it wrong this time.

Hith

Yeah lets ignore actual facts and succumb to the whiny train.
I love math and like to ACTUAL find out what it takes instead of just rambling noncoherent BS.
I am on MR23 I think, havent bothered with MR for awhile just enjoying the game instead of levelling all the time (whatever this has to do with anything).
If people think this is grindy they must be smoking something (comparing to everything else in this game).
Just recently I did 60 runs of interception Archwing for a mod with a supposed droprate of 10% in RotB (never got it oods were 99.6% that I sohuld have gotten it) THATS a grind.
I could name alot of similar grinds but Nightwave system does NOT even come close to any of them.

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

3 hours ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

Yeah lets ignore actual facts and succumb to the whiny train.
I love math and like to ACTUAL find out what it takes instead of just rambling noncoherent BS.
I am on MR23 I think, havent bothered with MR for awhile just enjoying the game instead of levelling all the time (whatever this has to do with anything).
If people think this is grindy they must be smoking something (comparing to everything else in this game).
Just recently I did 60 runs of interception Archwing for a mod with a supposed droprate of 10% in RotB (never got it oods were 99.6% that I sohuld have gotten it) THATS a grind.
I could name alot of similar grinds but Nightwave system does NOT even come close to any of them.

Could you maybe stay civil?

Also, this post of yours is nothing but personal attacks and weird flexing.